Curious about other's opinions of the New 52 Earth 2

#1 Edited by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I have picked up every copy of the current Earth 2, in hopes that Batman, Superman, and Wonderwoman somehow re-enter the picture. I don't hate to storyline with flash,gl,hawkgirl, and atom, but I thought something bigger would have happened by now. Does anyone else feel that the story is going nowhere?

#2 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Brace yourself for a complete lack of those characters ... this is basically a JSA title. The intro with the JLA was largely brought in to bring a cross section of readers.

#3 Edited by The_Tree (7491 posts) - - Show Bio

@briangsharon said:

Brace yourself for a complete lack of those characters ... this is basically a JSA title. The intro with the JLA was largely brought in to bring a cross section of readers.

Pretty much.

I like the title so far, although I wish the older versions of the characters were still around in the main earth and some of the costumes were a little better.

#4 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

The way earth 2 is being done, James Robinson is only allowed to use characters that nobody wants to use on the main earth. The main earth has Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman which is why these 3 are not being used on earth 2 (the earth 2 versions were killed off very early). Early on in the New 52 reboots, all of these were rebooted on the main earth so they won't be used on the new earth 2 : Hawkman, Black Canary, Vandal Savage (former Alan Scott villain), Shade (former Jay Garrick villain).

#5 Posted by SmashBrawler (5747 posts) - - Show Bio

Robinson's being doing a fantastic job in Earth 2. The only problems I have with the title is that I kinda miss the older versions and there's a bit too much open plot-points (but those can be solved as the title goes on, so that's just me being impatient).

I really like the fact that they got rid of the Trinity, BTW. Gives the others characters a chance to shine.

#6 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

The way earth 2 is being done, James Robinson is only allowed to use characters that nobody wants to use on the main earth.

is that including Mr Terrific?

#7 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Mr Terrific property, Michael Holt was part of the New 52 reboots on the main earth and has the code name Mr Terrific. Earth 2 tends to have the jsa golden age characters like Terry Sloan (formerly Terry Sloane) who is not allowed to use the Mr Terrific code name to avoid confusion. There were rumors of Michael Holt joining the Justice League but after the poor sales of Mr Terrific, Michael Holt got dumped into earth 2 and so far, Michael Holt is hardly ever seen on earth 2. More recently, it was revealed that Spectre is working with the circle of eternity on the main earth so Spectre won't be used on earth 2. Of the jsa golden agers, notable characters not being used on earth 2 are : Hawkman (rebooted as Katar Hol and the prince khufu hawkman seems to have been erased) and Spectre.

#8 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1562 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad they are doing Earth-2 this way, as there were way to many characters in the main earth, & few of the other 51 earths being used much. I never liked the JSA or golden age characters being "active" in WW2, their kids etc being active in the modern era. I always liked the pre-crisis idea of some on this earth, some on that earth, & they might cross over sometimes. Jay Garrick get powers here, while Barry gets powers there. & over there its Max Mercury.

#9 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

I am also interested in seeing more reboots on main earth so that main earth can have its own copy of Jay Garrick, alan Scott, solomon grundy, dr fate, wotan, sandman, etc.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13201 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

I am also interested in seeing more reboots on main earth so that main earth can have its own copy of Jay Garrick, alan Scott, solomon grundy, dr fate, wotan, sandman, etc.

doubt that will happen any time soon.

#11 Edited by Catsnlynne (1033 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman aren't on Earth 2. There's already too much of them anyway. I'm enjoying Earth 2. It's on my pull list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.