johnkmccubbin91's Earth 2 #5 - Welcome to the Grey review

"We're Wonders That Makes Us Heroes"

This has been a decent series and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. It took a few seconds in to remember what happened last issue, due to the zero issue but the zero issue wasn't for nothing as Terry Sloane has been introduced to the main story of the series.

This issue sees Atom take on Green Lantern, Flash and Hawkgirl after they believe Grundy to be dead. Once they realise he is not Green Lantern agrees to go into the where the Grey is to try and stop it if the others look after his body whilst he's there. Meanwhile we see the military who sent Atom in, with Commander Kahn in charge. They also appear to have Wesley Dodds (Sandman) working with them with a Sandmen division. Terry Sloane finally gets involved, which Commander Khan isn't amused about and says he's ordered a nuclear strike on D.C.

This was a brilliant issue and yet again some brilliant art work from Nicola Scott. I like how this team is finally starting to come together, although Atom is still following orders to capture them all. It is nice to see Sloane involved in the story as it means the zero issue wasn't for nothing. I also liked how we saw a small appearance from Wesley Dodds and am interested to see what future if any he will have in this series. I am also looking forward to see what Green Lantern does to stop the Grey.

Final verdict. Brilliant issue and I am really looking forward to what will happen next. I would highly recommend this issue and the series as a whole.

Rating: 4.5/5