cbheretic's Earth 2 #14 - Battle Cry review

• cbheretic wrote this review on .

A swing and a miss for me.

My take: The art is strong but the story seems to be lacking.

Quick Review:

James is on his final tour of the book and as the creator of this Earth2 world I will miss him greatly. However, this issue seemed not up to expectations. I liked the idea of going in and taking on Steppenwolf but the dialogue missteps kill the emotional build up for the "wonders" actions. I just wasn't invested enough to route for them as a team. I would not say the book was a total loss just that it needed less talkie explanations and more emotional development.

Other reviews for Earth 2 #14 - Battle Cry

A little less conversation, a little more action 0

James decided to speed things up a bit with this issue as the World Army, our 3 main wonders, and the Sandmen meet up to battle Steppenwolf. As usual, Nicola's art is great and I can't wait to see what they come up with in the final issues of this run....

Earth 2 #14 Rating 0

Cover & Solicit - 3/5Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?Are the alternate covers appealing?Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?Do I like the artist's style on the cover?Art, Colors & Inking - 4/5- Weighted DoubleDo I personally like this artist's style?Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?Does the coloring/inking blend well w...