Exclusive: AFTER EARTH ONE SHOT, THUN’DA #3 and THE LONE RANGER: SNAKE OF IRON #3

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This week Dynamite Entertainment has given us an exclusive, extended look at three of their books for this week: the one-shot for AFTER EARTH (based on the film by Gary Whitta in theaters June 7th, 2013), THUN'DA #3 and finally, THE LONE RANGER: SNAKE OF IRON #3. Check out the full previews for these books below and let us know which of them you are most looking forward to. Don't forget to head to the previews section of the site for a full list of Dynamite's new releases for this Wednesday.

AFTER EARTH ONE SHOT

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by MICHAEL JAN FRIEDMAN, ROBERT GREENBERGER

Art by BENI LOBEL

Cover by DENNIS CALERO

The official prequel comic to the upcoming film, After Earth, starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith. Hundreds of years after humans fled Earth to escape its toxic atmosphere, the remaining survivors colonize a remote planet and begin to rebuild civilization — but the society they create suffers from deep divisions, with scientific innovators and spiritual leaders often at bitter odds. Even worse, humanity has come under assault by a mysterious alien species, and mankind must band together to protect their new homeworld. Written by Michael Jan Friedman and Robert Greenberger with artwork by Beni Lobel (G.I. Joe: Cobra, G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes).

== TEASER ==

----

THUN’DA #3

40 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by ROBERT PLACE NAPTON

Art by CLIFF RICHARDS

Cover by JAE LEE

Danger is everywhere but Roger Drum finds some unexpected allies when he meets the beautiful Pha, and her people--an intelligent race that offers him a safe haven in exchange for his help against the Cliff People. Also reprints an original Thun’da story by Frank Frazetta!

----

THE LONE RANGER: SNAKE OF IRON #3

32 pages FC • $3.99 • Teen +

Written by CHUCK DIXON

Art by ESTEVE POLLS

Cover by DENNIS CALERO

CALERO black & white cover. Fans, ask your retailer for this variant incentive cover!

retailer incentive Tonto stands between a stranded trainload of innocents and a Kiowa war party bent onmassacre. The Masked Man leads a cavalry unit through a blizzard to bring peaceto the Nations with the help of the legendary Spirit Horse. Scout is alone in a hostile land! Blazing western suspense from action masters Chuck Dixon and Esteve Polls.

#1 Posted by Renchamp (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Jae Lee cover.

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33619 posts) - - Show Bio

After Earth looks pretty cool 

#3 Posted by TheCommissar (143 posts) - - Show Bio

A movie and comic called "After Earth" with a plot suspiciously similar to Titan: A.E.? Not sure if rip-off, homage, or taking place in the same universe...

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Jae Lee's covers.

#5 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

After Earth is like Firefly and Monocyte, except with less Reavers, no frontier in space or ageless demons that look like something out of the Tortured Souls action figure line. I could be wrong and it'd be an epic prequel/film, but as if now I'm a bit meh on it. ( Dang it, now I have the hankering to watch Firefly and Hellraiser at the same time D:)

#6 Posted by Jake Fury (18739 posts) - - Show Bio

No Peter Cannon preview?

#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Really digging the After Earth-One Shot, but all of these are wonderful. Just can't go wrong with Dynamite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.