Follow

Dynamite Entertainment

Publisher »

Indy publisher founded in 2005 of such comics as Red Sonja, Project SuperPowers, The Boys and Army of Darkness. Many of their titles are adaptations or revivals of prevously existing properties

Dark Horse, Dynamite, and Art and Franco Team Up For Crossover

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Dynamite announced today that they have one giant crossover coming down the pipelines this April. Art Baltazar, Franco, and Chris Smits bring their characters from AW YEAH COMICS! into a world that crosses over with CAPTAIN ACTION and with Dark Horse characters like Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, and The Occultist in CAPTAIN ACTION CAT: THE TIMESTREAM CATASTROPHE.

No Caption Provided

In Captain Action Cat: The Timestream CATastrophe #1, there is something evil out there and Evil Cat is determined to find it... even if it means searching throughout the Silver Age to do it! Could this blip on the screen be the one known as Doctor Evil Cat? What will happen when the Silver Age and the "Aw Yeah Age" collide! What does this mean to the timestream? The fate of the comic world may change forever! Plus, a mysterious frozen souvenir from the Golden Age makes a visit! For the first time ever, The Timestream CATastrophe introduces Captain Action Cat, an anthropomorphic action hero based on the classic action figure / adventure toy, Captain Action!

No Caption Provided

"All I have to say is: Wow!" says co-writer/artist Art Baltazar. "...Captain Action action figures have been a classic American toy forever, and now that he is back, the world will be a better place! It's an honor to be working so close to this iconic character… even if our version is a cat. Aw yeah!"

"I feel so lucky to be in this industry and that people are willing to let us play with their toys," adds co-writer Franco! "This one means quite a bit to me personally because this crossover event features something we created -- Action Cat from our own Aw Yeah Comics -- which we get to crossover with Captain Action (as a cat) and the heroic crew from Dark Horse. 'Wow' is an understatement! Every year, I think we cannot top what we did before... and I am proven wrong, as this is one of the coolest things I've ever had the privilege to work on! Aw Yeah, Dynamite!"

Captain Action Cat: The Timestream CATastrophe #1 will be solicited in Diamond Comic Distributors' February Previews catalog, and slated for release on April 16, 2014. Comic book fans are encouraged to reserve copies of Captain Action Cat with their local comic book retailers.

What do you guys think of this super-crossover?

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

As I said dynamite is on fire. A lot of news has been coming from them. And I am actually really excited for most of their stuff.

This is kind of the least interesting thing from them so far, but i can't pass a dark horse & dynamite crossover.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

X! Holy crap X is appearing!

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.