Follow

Dynamite Entertainment

Publisher »

Indy publisher founded in 2005 of such comics as Red Sonja, Project SuperPowers, The Boys and Army of Darkness. Many of their titles are adaptations or revivals of prevously existing properties

Abnett and Lanning to Write New BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Series

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Dynamite has a big announcement today. They have a brand new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA on-going series debuting in 2013. Even bigger news, Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning (NOVA and RESURRECTION MAN) will be the writing team behind this new series.

No Caption Provided

With the 35th anniversary of the original Battlestar Galactica television series right around the corner, this upcoming on-going series will based on the characters and stories from that classic series:

We haven’t released new Classic Battlestar Galactica series for a bit waiting for the right writer[s] to bring their adventures back to comes... Dan and Andy were meant to write Battlestar Galactica and they’ll be exploring the universe featuring Starbuck, Apollo, Adama, and all the characters we know and love... states Dynamite President Nick Barrucci.

Dan and Andy are equally excited to jump into this new project. Andy has been a fan since he was a kid, and he plans on bring his love for the original series to this new comic:

With this new series from Dynamite, Dan and I are hoping we can add to the established cannon of continuity with our own take on the classic series. I know my inner 14 year old is squealing with delight at this opportunity.

This brand new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA series will debut in 2013 from Dynamite Entertainment.

How do you feel about Abnett and Lanning taking on this cult science fiction classic? Do you prefer the classic Battlestar Galactica series or the 2000s remake?

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Michiel76

it's about time! i do wish they would base it on the new series though instead of the old.
    But still it's better than nothing

Would be even better if it would be based on the Blood and Chrome prequel series

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Overlander

Both of the series were good, but Classic BSG>>>>>>>SyFy series

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By ThomasElliot

I'm a fan of the new series, but it doesn't matter...

Abnett and Lanning is what matters. This is a must buy for me. I would read a 'Barbie and Nyan Cat's Adventures in Lollipop Land' if it was done by Abnett and Lanning.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@ThomasElliot said:

Abnett and Lanning is what matters. This is a must buy for me. I would read a 'Barbie and Nyan Cat's Adventures in Lollipop Land' if it was done by Abnett and Lanning.

hahaha! Truth.

Bobzenub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Bobzenub

I LOVE Abnett and Lanning, but never cared for Battlestar Galactica.

She-eet, I'm in a pickle now...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By longbowhunter

I loved the recent BSG. That show took over my life. Not sure how keen I am on the classic though.

HJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HJK

Always preferred classic Battlestar over new Battlestar but like both of them (I secretly always wanted to see some way of tying the two together in some way). It will be great to see all of the old characters in new stories.

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#8  Edited By Green ankh

OMFG !!!! this is awsome news !! the good Battlestar back. these guys might be a great fit for it too! I liked Rob Leifelds take and the Battlestar 1980 limited was cool too. I am happy..happy

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#9  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I am SO in!

darth_geekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By darth_geekboy

those of you who think 70's BSG is better than 2000's BSG..............you people need your heads (and your tastes) examined.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Dynamite! You did it again in making me happy once more! On top of that, you made this guy happy too...

HumanNumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HumanNumber

Booo! New Battlestar is the only Battlestar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2eacdb35fa3
    deactivated-5a2eacdb35fa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What stories will they tell? Will it happen after the 2000's series, in between the seasons or what?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.