Follow

Dylan Dog

Character » Dylan Dog appears in 1049 issues.

Dylan Dog is a fictional character, star of the horror comic Dylan Dog, published by Sergio Bonelli Editore and created by Tiziano Sclavi. Dylan is a private investigator that specializes in the undead arts, he protects the monsters that are good - and kills the ones that are evil.

Dylan Dog movie footage...kind of...

robokungfu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By robokungfu

All three Dylan Dog fans on comicvine (myself included) can rejoice!  There's footage of this thing finally online.  It's obviously from an Italian show so I'd be most appreciative of any help in translation from anyone skilled in Italian.  Dylan Dog is one of my favorite horror comics so it's nice to see a movie directly based on it.  I say that since there was a movie based on a novel from the Dylan Dog universe that was an incredible film on its own, Cemetery Man.  There wont be Groucho as Dog's sidekick likely from the same legal reasons that restrict the character in American reprints of the comics.  Even though the movie might end up being garbage I'm secretly hoping for some more American reprints of the series.   Six or seven issues just isn't enough!  

As for the footage itself Routh certainly looks the part, but his non-Britishness takes a little away from the character for me.  I'd like to see this thing take place in London for that unique feel of the comics.  I don't see why Rupret Everett couldn't have played Dylan Dog.  The character was based on Everett's image and he even starred in Cemetery Man because of that.  It's like if Simon Pegg gets to play Wee Hughie in The Boys movie.   
    Anyhow here's the bit of footage we have to go on currently: 

here's what I really hope the movie feels like: 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.