Come Celeberate Dwayne McDuffie Day

Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
Dwyane McDuffie (2/20/1962 - 2/21/2011)

To ALL CV-Users, tomorrow I have decided to declare DWAYNE MCDUFFIE DAY - A day to celebrate the memory of an amazing comic book and TV animation writer who died 2 years ago after his birthday (2/21/13). Let us all honor him by reading the comics he wrote and watch the certain cartoon episodes and animated films he made:

• Justice League: Doom (2012)
  • All-Star Superman (2011)
  • Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (2010)
  • Ben 10: Alien Force (2008–2010)
  • Ben 10: Ultimate Alien (2010–2011)
  • Justice League (2002–2006)
  • Static Shock (2000–2004)
#1 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Re-reading my prestige format cover "Milestone Forever" two part miniseries that came out 3 years ago in honor of him currently...

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

I was actually reading his original Static series just the other day. Maybe I'll read some more later. RIP, Dwayne.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13673 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree said:

I was actually reading his original Static series just the other day. Maybe I'll read some more later. RIP, Dwayne.

i just remembered i have a near mint condition copy of the first issue lol

Bless you Dwayne, you helped give me superheroes to look up to and mad every Saturday morning awesome. wherever you are, i hope you are peaceful and content

#4 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

i know im late but i miss him so much. its like there is a void that cant be filled in the comic industry.

#5 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

@wisesonAC: There's always next year.

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@wisesonAC: Too true. What are we to do, huh? His JL storyline was probably the most sophisticated one ever.

#7 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge: dude!! http://comiccritics.com/2009/06/16/the-sad-strange-tale-of-dwayne-mcduffie/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.