Follow

Dustin Nguyen

Person » Dustin Nguyen is credited in 766 issues.

Dustin Nguyen is a comic artist has worked on titles such as Batman, Detective Comics, Batman: Streets of Gotham, Batman Beyond, Batgirl, and most recently Batman: Li'l Gotham.

LBCC 2010: Dustin Nguyen Interview

antiterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By antiterra

Great interview! Dustin Nguyen is as nice as ever and as talented as he is humble. I'm beyond excited to have a double monthly dose of his work, especially in such different flavours as SoG and Batgirl.

I didn't expect to enjoy this new Batgirl, but Miller and Garbett managed to give Stephanie a special, distinctive place in the Bat family without overdoing it and reducing her to some kind of bubbly, anti-Cassandra blonde -- that, to me, was the greatest challenge they were facing.

Both visually and in the stories, they retained both her lighter side (which made her odd friendship with Cass so much fun) and her heavy personal history, without one overshadowing the other. And it's so gratifying to see her determination and eagerness to prove herself finally pay off.

Dustin Nguyen would have been my personal choice to replace Lee Garbett, so I couldn't be happier. But I also can't wait to see more of Garbett on Gotham City Sirens and The Return of Bruce Wayne #6.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By charlieboy

i am really looking forward to him being on batgirl. should be good.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By sora_thekey

Pay no attention to the "Sora" behind Dustin! 
    I kept moving so i wouldn't appear in the shot and yet I still appeared!

Great interview! I am tempted on getting a look into his version of Batgirl even though I dropped the book after the 2nd issue!

JoeyF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JoeyF
    @sora_thekey: No one escapes my camera.
    Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Eyz

Dustin Nguyen rocks! One of my favorite Bat-artists!
    His artwork is so beautiful!
    Nice interview ;)

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
    harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

Dustin Nguyen is one of my favorite artists!!! I cannot wait for his work on Batgirl and to see his further work on Batman Streets of Gotham.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.