Under-rated superbeauty?

#1 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio









Dust is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

i love the fan art thrown in to add to the credibility, but yes, Sooraya is gorgeous

Moderator
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

She is beautiful, but... she also suffers from the same problem as Monet.  They make her features too European.  What's wrong with finding an artist who can draw more than just white people?

Moderator
#4 Posted by Maximillion (37 posts) - - Show Bio

True that, there are a lot of exotic women who look too much like caucasian women.

#5 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

she has the whole Arabian look and i do admit shes cute

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

never have seen her face before, while yes she is lovely she does also look quite caucasian

#7 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooraya looks beautiful!
She should stop wearing her traditional robe, thingy
so we can all witness her beauty more often.

#8 Posted by Bogey (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Arab people are categorized as being white.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character.

Moderator
#10 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
the super skrull god killer chick
#11 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character. "
i think she's considered underrated as she's easily passed over/forgotten 
Moderator
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character. "
i think she's considered underrated as she's easily passed over/forgotten 
"
She's dead already.She's forgotten because she's only been around for a short time.It's easily to remember you like Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel,Spider-Woman,Mockingbird,Emma Frost etc.Characters you see all the time.
Moderator
#13 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character. "
i think she's considered underrated as she's easily passed over/forgotten 
"
She's dead already.She's forgotten because she's only been around for a short time.It's easily to remember you like Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel,Spider-Woman,Mockingbird,Emma Frost etc.Characters you see all the time.
"
she's not dead homie b.fly. Plus with her robe, people forget what she looks like.
Moderator
#14 Posted by SFX87 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

 i think she is hot


#15 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio
@SFX87:
@Power NeXus:
She is all of the above!!
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character. "
i think she's considered underrated as she's easily passed over/forgotten  "
She's dead already.She's forgotten because she's only been around for a short time.It's easily to remember you like Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel,Spider-Woman,Mockingbird,Emma Frost etc.Characters you see all the time. "
she's not dead homie b.fly. Plus with her robe, people forget what she looks like. "
I thought she was dead? Didn't she fall apart or something?
Moderator
#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: I don't have the issues to give you a better summary, but her page says " new teammate Ink exhausted himself using the powers of his newly acquired Phoenix tattoo to heal Sooraya".  I'm guessing she pulled herself back together with a little help from the fake-mutant.
Moderator
#18 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Ain't nothing wrong with Dust. In fact there is a whole lot right.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro: I don't have the issues to give you a better summary, but her page says " new teammate Ink exhausted himself using the powers of his newly acquired Phoenix tattoo to heal Sooraya".  I'm guessing she pulled herself back together with a little help from the fake-mutant. "
Thanks Xerox...
Moderator
#20 Posted by Editman (3472 posts) - - Show Bio
@SFX87 said:
"  i think she is hot
"
I approve of this
#21 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro: I don't have the issues to give you a better summary, but her page says " new teammate Ink exhausted himself using the powers of his newly acquired Phoenix tattoo to heal Sooraya".  I'm guessing she pulled herself back together with a little help from the fake-mutant. "
Thanks Xerox... "
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Vance Astro: I don't have the issues to give you a better summary, but her page says " new teammate Ink exhausted himself using the powers of his newly acquired Phoenix tattoo to heal Sooraya".  I'm guessing she pulled herself back together with a little help from the fake-mutant. "
Yeah, he basically sacrificed himself to save her.
Moderator
#22 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @pixelized said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I don't think Sooraya is underrated.People here have been saying she's pretty since her face was first shown in comics.She's just not a very popular character. "
i think she's considered underrated as she's easily passed over/forgotten  "
She's dead already.She's forgotten because she's only been around for a short time.It's easily to remember you like Wonder Woman,Ms.Marvel,Spider-Woman,Mockingbird,Emma Frost etc.Characters you see all the time. "
agree. she was reaching some status for a short while, even appearing in multiple books. then she was swept
under the rug like most interesting new characters. with Rogue taken lead of the younger students, hopefully
she will have a good role in Legacy. I would love to see Carey's take on Dust.
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

In order for people to care about Dust she has to be a major part of a Marvel event.She "almost" died and nobody really cared.I didn't even know she was alive.

Moderator
#24 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

people that knew cared, unlike wolfcub

Moderator
#25 Posted by Ninjaken (32 posts) - - Show Bio

She is an underrated superbeauty

#26 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm loving this Dust appreciation thread

#27 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18847 posts) - - Show Bio

I would so get a Dust mini ^_^

#28 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew Arab girls were gorgeous before,Dust :)

Moderator
#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight "
it shrank, she only wears it everyday
Moderator
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight "
She could have her boobs hanging out the top...this is comics.Would that be better?
Moderator
#32 Posted by spellslinger (31 posts) - - Show Bio

she is hot
#33 Posted by Paracelsus (1589 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"Sooraya looks beautiful!She should stop wearing her traditional robe, thingyso we can all witness her beauty more often."

I agree-beauty such as hers should be for all to see-NOT covered up in some sack! 
 
Terry
#34 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight "
She could have her boobs hanging out the top...this is comics.Would that be better? "

nah, we don't want some peoples to wake up "HELL"
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@creole said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight "
She could have her boobs hanging out the top...this is comics.Would that be better? "
nah, we don't want some peoples to wake up "HELL" "
What?
Moderator
#36 Posted by creole (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @creole said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" Her clothes are too form fitting, the abaya isn't supposed to be that tight "
She could have her boobs hanging out the top...this is comics.Would that be better? "
nah, we don't want some peoples to wake up "HELL" "
What? "

we don't want some people, bad talking about how she dress in the comics.
#37 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust is sooo beautiful (:
and even though it's her religion, I'd love to see her out of the religious gown she wears.
 
Show your face, girl! 
:D 
 
xx

#38 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost:  But if she were to remove it, she just be another 'classic' character her beauty is remark through the fact we don't see each day and by the form her character is shape, from her strengths and weakness and if you ask me Dust, is hell a lot stronger than most other mutants now. Rogue should not be able to touch her sense Dust, just setting an example and she could injured big power guys by going inside their bodies and ripping them apart 
#39 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
#40 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
#41 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
#42 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
People from northern Africa aren't white! Stop the presses! They're not considered Arab either. 
 
Here comes my biggest pet peeve with European/America categorizations.  
First and foremost: Arab means you're from the Arabian peninsula or your lineage is from there. 
This is why most Egyptians are considered Arab, but not Iranians. Egyptians intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions; while the Iranians resisted. 
 So Palestinian, Iranian, Afghan, Israeli and Armenai are the groups that aren't Arab in the area known as the Middle East(If you want you can count Turkey in there too, parts of Syria as well, they're Turks). 
Saudi, Emirate, Yemeni, most Iraqi's, Egyptian,  kuwaiti,Omani and some of the Syrians are Arab. 
There's also a large swath of the northern part of the Middle East that is Kurdish. 
 
And here's the kicker everyone from that region is still considered white.
#43 Posted by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
People from northern Africa aren't white! Stop the presses! They're not considered Arab either.   Here comes my biggest pet peeve with European/America categorizations.   First and foremost: Arab means you're from the Arabian peninsula or your lineage is from there.  This is why most Egyptians are considered Arab, but not Iranians. Egyptians intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions; while the Iranians resisted.   So Palestinian, Iranian, Afghan, Israeli and Armenai are the groups that aren't Arab in the area known as the Middle East(If you want you can count Turkey in there too, parts of Syria as well, they're Turks).  Saudi, Emirate, Yemeni, most Iraqi's, Egyptian,  kuwaiti,Omani and some of the Syrians are Arab.  There's also a large swath of the northern part of the Middle East that is Kurdish.   And here's the kicker everyone from that region is still considered white.
From a strictly Arab Nationalist perspective, it would be true that only those who have lineage coming directly from the Arabian peninsula would be considered Arabic.(By the way, Ethiopians also "intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions", so why are they exempt from being categorized as Arabs?)  
But I'm taking my definition from the United Arab League:  
 
"An Arab is a person whose language is Arabic, who lives in an Arabic-speaking country, and who is in sympathy with the aspirations of the Arabic-speaking peoples." 
 
And using that definition and the American/European standards of defining race it's clear that many Arab people are not white. If you want to insist that Arabs are, wholesale, without exception categorized as white, then, whatever. As I said earlier, it's all just an imaginary sociological construct. At the core of it, we're all just people.
#44 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
People from northern Africa aren't white! Stop the presses! They're not considered Arab either.   Here comes my biggest pet peeve with European/America categorizations.   First and foremost: Arab means you're from the Arabian peninsula or your lineage is from there.  This is why most Egyptians are considered Arab, but not Iranians. Egyptians intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions; while the Iranians resisted.   So Palestinian, Iranian, Afghan, Israeli and Armenai are the groups that aren't Arab in the area known as the Middle East(If you want you can count Turkey in there too, parts of Syria as well, they're Turks).  Saudi, Emirate, Yemeni, most Iraqi's, Egyptian,  kuwaiti,Omani and some of the Syrians are Arab.  There's also a large swath of the northern part of the Middle East that is Kurdish.   And here's the kicker everyone from that region is still considered white.
From a strictly Arab Nationalist perspective, it would be true that only those who have lineage coming directly from the Arabian peninsula would be considered Arabic.(By the way, Ethiopians also "intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions", so why are they exempt from being categorized as Arabs?)  But I'm taking my definition from the United Arab League:   "An Arab is a person whose language is Arabic, who lives in an Arabic-speaking country, and who is in sympathy with the aspirations of the Arabic-speaking peoples."  And using that definition and the American/European standards of defining race it's clear that many Arab people are not white. If you want to insist that Arabs are, wholesale, without exception categorized as white, then, whatever. As I said earlier, it's all just an imaginary sociological construct. At the core of it, we're all just people.
http://www.arab.de/arabinfo/league.htm
 
You mean this Arab League? That doesn't have Ethiopia in there?
 
Wikipedia less. Your definition is the loosest possible, one that very few, if not none of the people from the Middle East would use.  Not to mention Ethiopia's official language isn't Arabic, it's Amharic, so your definition doesn't even fit for Ethiopia either.
#45 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@TheCrowbar said:
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
People from northern Africa aren't white! Stop the presses! They're not considered Arab either.   Here comes my biggest pet peeve with European/America categorizations.   First and foremost: Arab means you're from the Arabian peninsula or your lineage is from there.  This is why most Egyptians are considered Arab, but not Iranians. Egyptians intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions; while the Iranians resisted.   So Palestinian, Iranian, Afghan, Israeli and Armenai are the groups that aren't Arab in the area known as the Middle East(If you want you can count Turkey in there too, parts of Syria as well, they're Turks).  Saudi, Emirate, Yemeni, most Iraqi's, Egyptian,  kuwaiti,Omani and some of the Syrians are Arab.  There's also a large swath of the northern part of the Middle East that is Kurdish.   And here's the kicker everyone from that region is still considered white.
From a strictly Arab Nationalist perspective, it would be true that only those who have lineage coming directly from the Arabian peninsula would be considered Arabic.(By the way, Ethiopians also "intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions", so why are they exempt from being categorized as Arabs?)  But I'm taking my definition from the United Arab League:   "An Arab is a person whose language is Arabic, who lives in an Arabic-speaking country, and who is in sympathy with the aspirations of the Arabic-speaking peoples."  And using that definition and the American/European standards of defining race it's clear that many Arab people are not white. If you want to insist that Arabs are, wholesale, without exception categorized as white, then, whatever. As I said earlier, it's all just an imaginary sociological construct. At the core of it, we're all just people.
http://www.arab.de/arabinfo/league.htm  You mean this Arab League? That doesn't have Ethiopia in there?  Wikipedia less. Your definition is the loosest possible, one that very few, if not none of the people from the Middle East would use.  Not to mention Ethiopia's official language isn't Arabic, it's Amharic, so your definition doesn't even fit for Ethiopia either.
Hm? Oh, good point. Didn't even check to see if Ethiopia was part of the Arab League. I made the assumption simply because I knew that neighboring Sudan and Somalia were in the Arab League. I think that the definition is loose in order settle any contention about the definition of who is and who is not an Arab due to vast array of dissenting opinions on the matter. And I still stand by my original opinion that Arab people are not really white. 
 
Edit: Where exactly are you getting your opinion that Arabs do consider themselves white?
#46 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@TheCrowbar said:
@cosmo111687 said:
@TheCrowbar said:

@cosmo111687 said:

@Bogey said:
Arab people are categorized as being white.
No...not really....
Yeah really.
Arab people are defined as people who speak Arabic or come from Arabic and, typically (though not necessarily), Muslim influenced cultures. Stating that they are all categorized as white is problematic because they can really be of any "race" (by American standards since how race is defined differs from culture to culture because it's a purely imaginary sociological construct). But, if you're judging from skin tone alone, than you'd find that not only are Arabic people not categorized as being white, as a whole, but a vast majority of them are simply not white. For instance, northern Ethiopia has a largely Arabic speaking, Muslim culture and nobody in their right mind would consider them "white".
People from northern Africa aren't white! Stop the presses! They're not considered Arab either.   Here comes my biggest pet peeve with European/America categorizations.   First and foremost: Arab means you're from the Arabian peninsula or your lineage is from there.  This is why most Egyptians are considered Arab, but not Iranians. Egyptians intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions; while the Iranians resisted.   So Palestinian, Iranian, Afghan, Israeli and Armenai are the groups that aren't Arab in the area known as the Middle East(If you want you can count Turkey in there too, parts of Syria as well, they're Turks).  Saudi, Emirate, Yemeni, most Iraqi's, Egyptian,  kuwaiti,Omani and some of the Syrians are Arab.  There's also a large swath of the northern part of the Middle East that is Kurdish.   And here's the kicker everyone from that region is still considered white.
From a strictly Arab Nationalist perspective, it would be true that only those who have lineage coming directly from the Arabian peninsula would be considered Arabic.(By the way, Ethiopians also "intermingled a lot with the Arabs and absorbed Arab culture during the Muslim Invasions", so why are they exempt from being categorized as Arabs?)  But I'm taking my definition from the United Arab League:   "An Arab is a person whose language is Arabic, who lives in an Arabic-speaking country, and who is in sympathy with the aspirations of the Arabic-speaking peoples."  And using that definition and the American/European standards of defining race it's clear that many Arab people are not white. If you want to insist that Arabs are, wholesale, without exception categorized as white, then, whatever. As I said earlier, it's all just an imaginary sociological construct. At the core of it, we're all just people.
http://www.arab.de/arabinfo/league.htm  You mean this Arab League? That doesn't have Ethiopia in there?  Wikipedia less. Your definition is the loosest possible, one that very few, if not none of the people from the Middle East would use.  Not to mention Ethiopia's official language isn't Arabic, it's Amharic, so your definition doesn't even fit for Ethiopia either.
Hm? Oh, good point. Didn't even check to see if Ethiopia was part of the Arab League. I made the assumption simply because I knew that neighboring Sudan and Somalia were in the Arab League. I think that the definition is loose in order settle any contention about the definition of who is and who is not an Arab due to vast array of dissenting opinions on the matter. And I still stand by my original opinion that Arab people are not really white.  Edit: Where exactly are you getting your opinion that Arabs do consider themselves white?
Indo-European migration. Europeans, Iranians and such(Arabs) originated from the Caucasus mountains and that's where we get the term Caucasian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.