Not used much.

#1 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why the writers don't use Dust more often. She dosn't have a big role in any story arc.
#2 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not so sure either. 

#3 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Something about Dust has always bothered me: if she was created to help dispel Muslim stereotypes, then why was she given sand-based powers?  Isn't "Muslim nations are all deserts" a stereotype?

I suppose this isn't the first time this has happened, though.  Colossus, the Soviet mutant, was given a cold, metallic body not unlike the figurative "Iron Curtain".  Banshee, the Irish mutant, got voice based powers thanks to popular Irish legends.

I'm surprised Nightcrawler didn't get beer-based powers.  Wolverine got those instead.

#4 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio

They said that X-Men: Legacy will talk about Rogue and the younger mutants yet she only appears as a background character. They can write about her going on a quest to find her mother, it's she dissapeard like that.

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate that many of the New X-Men are missing. Well not missing but just not being used, Dust is just one of them.

#6 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77:
I always thought colossus was a reference to Stalin which i believed meant man of steel.  

I think the writers are trying to let the minor characters from New X-Men get a turn. Using Trance for awhile, then they were getting into Indra and even loa has been appearing more and more.
#7 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they making Mercury, Blindfold, Surge, and Armor appear more than her.

#8 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif:
Surge hasn't been used that much, that x-force story and the natioj x mini.  

Armor was used all the time before. 

Mercury seems to be the (female) poster child for the mutant kids (with Anole being the male poster child) 

Blindfold has a power that allows a different way of telling a story. So her part in Necrosha completly changed what would have happend otherwise.  
#9 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:
Do you think she might appeare in Second Cominfg fighting along someone?
#10 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

She is now the best Muslim character in Marvel, she shown to stay strong to her faith even when fighting demons on the Limbo she struggle and then acted like true X-Men and above that she does not push her believes on others, she been insulted not only for been a mutant but for her religious background. Girl been having a rough time and she actually rather powerful she just never does much like you guys have mention

#11 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif:

X-Force 27

The emotion in this is amazing.
#12 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
It is true.
#13 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Dust was dead.
#14 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust is an interesting character. I hope we see more of her in the future.

#16 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: I agree.  She might be fighting against the Nimrods in Second cOMING THOUGH: 
#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Dedede. 

Good.  :)
#18 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
We will wait and see.
#19 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as she survives this crossover unharmed i'm okay XD

#20 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" As long as she survives this crossover unharmed i'm okay XD "
Nimrod´s emergy blasts are quite hot.  Look at what happened to Iceman.  I hope Dust won´t turn to glass. 

@Zoom said:
" @King Dedede.  Good.  :) "

LOL. Nice.
#21 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: That already happened to her though :P So i doubt writers will repeat that lol
#22 Edited by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:

" I thought Dust was dead. "

If you're referring to her "death"/ solidification in Young X-Men, Ink used his Phoenix Force tattoo to heal her, pushing himself into a coma.  
Such ridiculousness pretty much sums up the series.  

But yes, the New X-Men should be used more frequently, especially those like Mercury, Rockslide, Hellion, Surge and Dust etc.  
Way too much Pixie.....
#23 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: One can´t be certain.  How many times has Jean Grey died? LOL
#24 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio

Like 3 times :P but dieing and turning into glass are two completely different things LOL

#25 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Well he said that they are sending everyone they could right? and he took name in that issue.
#27 Posted by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

now that Kyle and Yost are done with X-Force it's my dream that they'll announce another New X-men book

#28 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @Edamame: Well he said that they are sending everyone they could right? and he took name in that issue. "
You mean Cyclops?
#29 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Pretty sure he sent the team least likely to die to wait for Nimrods. Rockslide reforms, Dust can go into sandstorm to avoid attacks, Namor is practically a god, and Colossus is near indestructable.
#30 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
" Something about Dust has always bothered me: if she was created to help dispel Muslim stereotypes, then why was she given sand-based powers?  Isn't "Muslim nations are all deserts" a stereotype?  I suppose this isn't the first time this has happened, though.  Colossus, the Soviet mutant, was given a cold, metallic body not unlike the figurative "Iron Curtain".  Banshee, the Irish mutant, got voice based powers thanks to popular Irish legends.  I'm surprised Nightcrawler didn't get beer-based powers.  Wolverine got those instead. "
I agree
#32 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Yeah the spoiler is still lame, as kinda pointed out during the review, Wolverine is coming back and ten there is this. Cycke said it with out looking at the new avengers line up i guess :P

#33 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
I think he is just panicking cause all the heroes can see him holding Cable in an awkward position. Next line "It's not what it looks like!!"
#35 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
LOL. Naughty Cable. 
#36 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
check out where his non metalic arm is ;)
#37 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Yes lol
#38 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @Edamame: Yes lol "
Yes to what?  LOL

And you double posted. LMAO.

@jordama said:
" @Edamame: check out where his non metalic arm is ;) "

LOL. Yeah it is in that one area. 
#39 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: The cyclops thing, and i know that now >.>
#40 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: Oh yeah.
#41 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio

The writesr should make her be able to revert to sand form if she ever turned into glass. Or making her dust form to resist heat.
#42 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif: I doubt that would happen. 
#43 Posted by Ahmed Sherif (262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame:
Well its comics, and everything is possible in the comic world. Besides, Dust is going to face lots f villians with laser weapons and rays, it gona be stupid to have her transformed into glass everytime.
#44 Posted by Edamame (28010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ahmed Sherif: Indeed. LOL. But don't tell me that. Tell the writers.
#45 Posted by X-23_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree shes has an awsome power and hopefully she will be seen more often.
#46 Posted by daken_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Dust character was used in second coming and im sure will see more of her in legacy 
Her power is cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.