Does anyone know

#1 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

What issues depict her history and back-story? I really want to find some and read more about her. 

#2 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

C'mon you guys.... drumbs fingers on desk

#3 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for a more specific answer. Maybe I should go to Marvel.com. Thanks anyway. 

#5 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Less than a half hour?  Impatient much? ; )

If memory serves me correctly, Wolverine and Fantomex discovered her in New X-Men 133.
#6 Edited by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes very impatient, I'd rather read this than study political science. My hand is still cramped from my last exam.  Instant gratification is my favorite.

Oh, and thanks. lol.
#7 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio

i always wondered about her....she always seemed distant for me

#8 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

distant to you?

#9 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

No problem.  I don't remember for certain if I have seen any other real back-story on her besides that one, but I would start my search around that issue.  (I'd really suggest to read the whole run, though.  That whole run was just awesome.)

Study well.
#10 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, but I think I'll procrastinate for another hour.

#11 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like there are only bits and pieces of her story that are scattered about. I seem to remember her talking to her mother in the issues with the power broker. Then she defended a village recently in Young X-Men, but I'm not sure if there was much real back story there.

#12 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"distant to you?"

yea....like she never really intrigued me and it was always "oh, there's dust" but ive started to read about her and now id like to find ou her origin to. so far i have no luck with my quest =/
#13 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I hope I can find that comic somewhere so I can read up on her. I think it's cool that Marvel was in touch enough with the problems in the real world enough to create an Arabic character. It's a shame they haven't done a lot more with her

#14 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"I feel like there are only bits and pieces of her story that are scattered about. I seem to remember her talking to her mother in the issues with the power broker. Then she defended a village recently in Young X-Men, but I'm not sure if there was much real back story there."
Not power broker, Kingmaker!
#15 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
This issue/series looks promising.
#16 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Well I hope I can find that comic somewhere so I can read up on her. I think it's cool that Marvel was in touch enough with the problems in the real world enough to create an Arabic character. It's a shame they haven't done a lot more with her"
As I said, you'd be doing yourself a favor if you picked up the trades from the entire Morrison and Quitely run.  They really were a treat.
#17 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

in new x-men 133, they say where they found her from but they never gave a background, 

#18 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"Well I hope I can find that comic somewhere so I can read up on her. I think it's cool that Marvel was in touch enough with the problems in the real world enough to create an Arabic character. It's a shame they haven't done a lot more with her"
they have never told us where she came from
in new x men hellions she finds her mom and goes back to her country for like 5 min.
other than that they dont tell much about her.
but she's about to die anyway so they might finally farewell issue or whatever.
#19 Posted by Dark Raider (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember first seeing her sometime around 1998 or so.

#20 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark Raider said:
"I remember first seeing her sometime around 1998 or so."
serously? new x men was in the 90's?
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
grimm said:
"Dark Raider said:
"I remember first seeing her sometime around 1998 or so."
serously? new x men was in the 90's?
"

He's wrong she appeared in 2002.
#22 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio
Esther Cotillard LeBeau said:
"Thats a shame that they plan on killing her off. Thank you all for the information, however."
They might not. this could be one of those little plot twists where it seems like oh my god she's going to die and at the last second she's saved. But yeah if they kill her off i'll be really REALLY mad.
#23 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

as of Young X-Men 11, she's dead.

#24 Posted by Erik (32087 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"as of Young X-Men 11, she's dead.
"
I stopped reading Young X-Men. How did she die exactly? 
#25 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

When she was turned to glass in that fight with Magma all those issues ago, and then turned back to her regular Dusting self, had adverse affects on her, down to the molecular level. So her cells are breaking down at an exponential rate, or something like that.

#26 Posted by Erik (32087 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"When she was turned to glass in that fight with Magma all those issues ago, and then turned back to her regular Dusting self, had adverse affects on her, down to the molecular level. So her cells are breaking down at an exponential rate, or something like that.
"
Yeah I read that on her page but it said she had a week to live and then all of a sudden she dies when busting Pierce out. Does it go into detail how she died or no?
#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, she just collapses and Moonstar says she's dead.

#28 Posted by Erik (32087 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Nope, she just collapses and Moonstar says she's dead.
"
Lol. What the hell?! I guess the Marvel staff got lazy with her story. They better bring her back for having such a lame-o death.
#29 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio
BatgirlBabs said:
"What issues depict her history and back-story? I really want to find some and read more about her. "
Try reading the Hellions mini series. She finds her mom and it gives a little bit of info :)
#30 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

late!
[=

#31 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

Extra info is always good :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.