What would be a good place to start for Ghost RIder?

#1 Posted by Dr_Crane1991 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I mostly like DC comics but my friend is saying I should get some Marvel too. So I decided on two characters from Marvel to start and Ghost Rider was one of them. So im looking for some insight on where I should begin with him. Thanks.

#2 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dr_Crane1991: Well volume 2 is always a good place to start. Dan Ketch is BA and not as much of a douche as Johnny Blaze plus all the powers but Hellfire manipulation were stolen from Dan Ketch and weren't implimented as a part of Blaze until after the movie so if you liked the spikes you'll enjoy Dan. Plus, the Spirit that Dan is bonded to is just as much of a character as Dan is so you'll get to see both sides and how both are affected by the other's actions.

#3 Posted by The_Tree (7079 posts) - - Show Bio

Bumping this, as I'm curious about some good, modern Ghost Rider stories.

#4 Posted by AtraCruor (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Tree: Well the modern stories aren't as good imo. They've gone just... weird with the mythos and pretty much turned Zarathos into a carbon copy of Noble Kale while turning Dan's character into a crackhead for the Rider power and all around douche, Johnny's always been one, which pisses me off because Dan was a pretty good charater and he and his transformation were actually liked by the hero community.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.