What Are the Best Ghost Rider Issues?

#1 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

I am looking to get into Ghost Rider and am looking at some of the old stuff.  What do you guys reccomend?

#2 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Older stuff?

No idea man

#4 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm looking at the stuff from the 90's.  Not real old stuff.

#5 Posted by Naomi Kale (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Brides For A Demon!

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:
"Well I'm looking at the stuff from the 90's.  Not real old stuff."
Try the Danny Ketch series, I've heard it's good
#7 Posted by Naomi Kale (47 posts) - - Show Bio

It is good! :)

#8 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Naomi Kale said:
"It is good! :)"
YAY
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know which issues it was but if you can find the issue where Ghost Rider fought the Avengers and the Galactic Guardians..you have yourself a good read.

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
Mr. Wilson said:

Frankly, the best Ghost Rider stories are the really old stuff.  Essential Ghost Rider 1 is an amazing collection.  It's good all around but is mainly awesome because the original Johnny Blaze origin story is rockin.

As for 90s Ghost Rider, you really can't go wrong with the begining of his book or anything with Blackout in it.  Also, Ghost Rider/Blaze Spirits of Vengence is a pretty short series and good from front to back.  Collections of Midnight Sons arcs like Rise of the Midnight Sons, Midnight Massacre and Seige of Darkness are good too but aren't stricktly Ghost Rider stories.
#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, and avoid Champions like the plague.  You might think you'd like it because it has Ghost Rider, Hercules and Iceman but it managed to suck anyways.

#12 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
"Mr. Wilson said:

Frankly, the best Ghost Rider stories are the really old stuff.  Essential Ghost Rider 1 is an amazing collection.  It's good all around but is mainly awesome because the original Johnny Blaze origin story is rockin.

As for 90s Ghost Rider, you really can't go wrong with the begining of his book or anything with Blackout in it.  Also, Ghost Rider/Blaze Spirits of Vengence is a pretty short series and good from front to back.  Collections of Midnight Sons arcs like Rise of the Midnight Sons, Midnight Massacre and Seige of Darkness are good too but aren't stricktly Ghost Rider stories."

Alright, thank you sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.