Ghost Rider #18 *SPOILER*

#1 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

So, ol' Flame Head is an angel!

They did say it was an important issue. Finally, the reason why he catches bad guys instead of being a bad guy.

So, what do people think? Does this legitimise GR, or is this a massive mistake on Marvel's part?

#2 Posted by BlackPanther (551 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its a bad idea. and the demon turning into an angel thing has been done by todd with spawn.

#3 Posted by Buckshot (19357 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Ghost Rider so it doesn't have any real importance to me, but it seems silly.

#4 Posted by Forever (4313 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he's a fallen angel, trying to redeem himself. But even so, I could care less.

#5 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems silly to me as well. While the idea of a demon as a good guy always seemed incongruous to me, this does seem of a bit wrong move.

#6 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems there's no love for Ghost Rider on the forums so far.

Poor Ghostie

#7 Posted by G-Man (39782 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted to like this Ghost Rider series. I liked the first issue with his escape. Then the second and third didn't do anything for me. I just kept forgetting to pick it up each month and just gave up. I did get the WWH crossover but didn't even read it.

Staff
#8 Posted by Buckshot (19357 posts) - - Show Bio

The WWH tie in was the only thing I read.

#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3733 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read all of them so far. I wouldn't say they were bad, just not brilliant either. The angel thing is really just daft though. It flies against what we've learned so far and for what? Another opportunity to paint angels as jerks. It does seem like they have a real angel prejudice in his stories recently.

#10 Posted by G-Man (39782 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why they'd want to turn him into an angel. Just seems so off of what he's about.

I wanted to read the Sleepy Hollow storyline since Sleepy Hollow is like 2 miles from my parents' place in Illinois. I was curious if there were any accurate landmarks.

Staff
#11 Posted by fesak (8497 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a big Ghost Rider period at the beginning of the last series when he fought Blackout, Deathwatch and the Lilin. Good stuff. Don't know about this angel crap, seems unnecessary to me.

#12 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"The WWH tie in was the only thing I read. "

Same.

#13 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

I love him being an Angel.

#14 Posted by sonicmora (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading the current issues, I think it would be best if he wasn't an angel.

#15 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Him being an Angel is the best desicion Marvel Comics has EVER made!

#16 Posted by Buckshot (19357 posts) - - Show Bio

And your reasoning for that is...?

#17 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"And your reasoning for that is...?"

I was raised in a Religious Family growing up, Now that I'm on my own, I still follow through with my "traditions", One of which..........No Demons in the house. Er-Go, GREATEST MARVEL IDEA EVER!

#18 Posted by Wolfenstein (816 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE GHOST RIDER THE ANGEL!

#19 Posted by Zoom (14750 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"

I had a big Ghost Rider period at the beginning of the last series when he fought Blackout, Deathwatch and the Lilin. Good stuff. Don't know about this angel crap, seems unnecessary to me.

"
Quoted for truth.

Midnight Sons era Ghost Rider was awesome.  So was original Blaze.

This stuff? Not so much.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.