Combine?

#1 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems silly to have a full page for the Ghost Rider (only devoted to Blaze), a full page for Daniel Ketch and another full page devoted to Johnny Blaze.

Should the content here be moved over to the Johnny Blaze page and this page be deleted (or else move Blaze's info over here, delete that page and rename this one)? That would be consistant with what we've done with other character names that represent a ton of characters like Green Lantern.

I mean, I can do this no problem but I figured it'd be better to ask what others think first.

#2 Posted by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
"Seems silly to have a full page for the Ghost Rider (only devoted to Blaze), a full page for Daniel Ketch and another full page devoted to Johnny Blaze.Should the content here be moved over to the Johnny Blaze page and this page be deleted (or else move Blaze's info over here, delete that page and rename this one)? That would be consistant with what we've done with other character names that represent a ton of characters like Green Lantern.I mean, I can do this no problem but I figured it'd be better to ask what others think first. "
no don't. This page is for ghost rider not just Blaze plus most of the info on the blaze and gr pages are near enough the same so there's no point. plus a lot of work has gone into this page. DON'T DO IT!!!!! 
#3 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Seems silly to have a full page for the Ghost Rider (only devoted to Blaze), a full page for Daniel Ketch and another full page devoted to Johnny Blaze.Should the content here be moved over to the Johnny Blaze page and this page be deleted (or else move Blaze's info over here, delete that page and rename this one)? That would be consistant with what we've done with other character names that represent a ton of characters like Green Lantern.I mean, I can do this no problem but I figured it'd be better to ask what others think first. "
it's a mantle page, this site has always been on the fence on what to do with mantle pages, so it's probably just going to stay the way it is, at least for now
#4 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably.

Just seems silly to have 3 character pages for 2 characters, especially since this page is already pretty much the Johnny Blaze page and there is a lot of info both here and on Johnny's page that is not on the other.

I honestly don't feel there should be mantle pages or that they should be a concept or a team.  That's how it works with the green lanterns and I think it works great.

#5 Posted by starman1994 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok there are pages for most of the different Clayfaces as welll as a Clayface page, the info on the main Clayface page covers all of the other pages , so there isn't much reason to have seperate pages when you can save space and just merge the info .

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

The main reason I can see for seperate pages is when you want to keep different characters seperate from each other in issue tags. Like if I wanted to read all the Basil Karlo stories and so I bought up a bunch of Clayface comics, I'd be annoyed if Matt Hagan was the villain because Matt Hagan just isn't as cool. 

The other reason to have seperate pages is when both characters appear in the same comic, like both Ghost Riders, both Batgirls, etc.  You would want to be able to say they are both there. 

That said, I see no reason for a huge overview page.  I'd personally rather label pages like Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) and have a tiny blurb near the top "For information on Daniel Ketch, the Ghost Rider of the 90s, see this page."  Once you have a Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) page and a Ghost Rider (Daniel Ketch) page, there is zero reason in my eyes to have a generic Ghost Rider page.  Same with Clayface.  However, in the case of Clayface, I can see a strong arguement for having just one page since the Clayfaces aren't that different and there is usually only one at a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.