Nice page!

• 72 results
#1 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha, I read all these novels last year... yes all 18 of them or whatever. Pretty cool he's got a spot on CV. Nice job Prurience Man!

Staff
#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I love R.A. Salvatore's novels. I buy every single one of them the day they come out, and have a couple of signed copies I found in a book store.

I'm glad they brought his story into the graphic media, I think he's a great character.

I needed a break from all my CrossGen subs, so I did Mary Marvel, and now I'll do Drizzt up to the point he's been published in comics so far. (Though its real tempting to just go ahead and keep telling his story since we know how the novels go.)

Thanks for the kudos. I appreciate it.

#3 Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#4 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

you have a pic for everything don't ya G-Man?

#5 Posted by G-Man (32555 posts) - - Show Bio

I try.

Staff
#6 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by fesak (7046 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"Drizzt has two pages, http://www.comicvine.com/drizzt/41311/ is the other.Shouldn't publisher Devil be merged into Devil's Due?"

grrrrr.......Where did that come from. I did a search before I submitted, but I'll be danged if you didn't find it already existing. Yeah, these Drizzt pages should be combined, and Devil should be absorbed into Devil's Due.

Wonder why it didn't pop up when I searched. This is the second time in as many weeks that I've made that mistake.

Thanks fesak.

#9 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

merged. it was likely the apostrophe which threw search off.

Post Edited:2007-04-26 00:32:31

Staff
#10 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks Cap.

#11 Posted by fesak (7046 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#12 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, the Drizzt pics I uploaded aren't working.

#13 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Man, the Drizzt pics I uploaded aren't working."

Yeah, I noticed that happened after the merge. Maybe you need to re-upload those pics and delete the broken ones.

A question though. Were those pics from the comics, or from some other source? I didn't recognize those as from the comics, but I haven't pulled all my issues back out yet to check, so I wasn't sure.

#14 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

it dose, but it looks kinda diferant. i can't put my finger on it.

#15 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

They looked like they were drawn in a comic-style.

#16 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"They looked like they were drawn in a comic-style."

Yeah, but if we're not certain they are from the comic itself, or promotional stuff from the comic's publisher, we might not want to include them.

But then again, we do have galleries of non-comic artwork such as fan-art and cartoon captures on some of our pages. Plus, we have galleries from live action movies. So, in retrospect, we could include the non-comic art (I love Todd Lockwood's paintings of Drizzt) as long as we label the gallery correctly.

#17 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

#18 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

For all that is Evil and Unholy nice page great work P-Man

#19 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, still a work in progress.

#20 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Way to go. Better double check my spelling, and it's good. Yeah, good job P- Man.

#21 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks again.

#22 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

10,000 point page!

Woot!

#23 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

nice job P-Man!

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I was pretty sure I had already congratulated you on your awesome page, but looking over the thread I guess I didn't. Anyway, it's friggin awesome.

#25 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you, thank you.

#26 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

congrats Pm.

#27 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

So so jealous :D It's a really good page

#28 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

11,000 and counting......

#29 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

#30 Posted by old man (86 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap this is a hardcore page.

#32 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Again would like to say you have done a wonderful job on this page.

#33 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

This..this is the remains of one of the best posters on CV in it's start. And what an amazing biography it was.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter much since he hasn't been on in a while and he might not come back, but wow. Just-wow. This is simply amazing. That's all I can say.

#34 Posted by Pussy Cat (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job no the page!

#35 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

is Pro ever coming back

#36 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"is Pro ever coming back"

I hope so....

#37 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

If any of you have not read the actual books about Drizzt by R.A. Salvatore I strongly suggest them. I have read each and every one of them more than once and enjoy them each time. The fight scenes in them are brilliant and you get some well developed characters to follow for 20 books. It is truley epic in my opinion.

The comics do a great job in scaleing the books, but there just isn't enough room in them to get a full appreciation of the story's being told.

#38 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I definitely want to buy them...I saw my friends copy of the 7th one and the cover art was so f#cking awesome I've decided to buy it at all costs lol

#39 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes the new cover art for the entire series are amazing. Thier done by Todd Lockwood. He does a bunch of fantasy stuff, and is my favorite artist.

#40 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite artist is Takeshi Obata, but not many people know who he is. I figure that I'll go put his page up right now...

but man that guy can scribble

#41 Posted by Josh Weasley (133 posts) - - Show Bio

nice page

#42 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is a link to Lockwoods page. He does all of the covers for the actual Drizzt Books now. They can be found in his gallery.

http://www.toddlockwood.com/

#43 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya, the new matching cover art is cool. Just sucks for those of us who have been buying each book when it comes out...

#44 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a copy of all the old ones, and the new ones lol. But of course the new ones have been gifts and etc.

#45 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just not looking forward to spending another $250 to get my whole set to match.

#46 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Methias says:

"I'm just not looking forward to spending another $250 to get my whole set to match."

Yeah I can understand that. That's one of the reasons I make sure I buy the new ones the day they come out. At the store I go to thier 40% off on the opening day.

#47 Posted by Methias (437 posts) - - Show Bio

I will agree with everyone that this is an awesome page, but PS did a TERRIBLE job writing it as far as tense goes. Part of what I have been doing is reading the paragraphs and putting them into only past or present tense, because it switches almost every other sentence. I'm going insane trying to perfect it.

But it's all worth it, and Drizzt is finally at #1 on swordsmanship like he should be.

#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

nice job with working on the tenses... but Drizzt shouldn't be at number one in sword fighting...

i can think of at least 5 people better than him in comics

M

#49 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Drizzt should not be #1 in swordfighting, but he should be up there pretty high.

#50 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i reckon 7... maybe 8...

M

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.