Follow

Drizzt Do'urden

Character » Drizzt Do'urden appears in 55 issues.

Drizzt Do'Urden is a Drow (dark elf) from Menzoberranzan, one of the largest cities in the Underdark of Faerun. Unlike most rather sociopathic Drow, Drizzt is a kind, good person.

More Knowledge

Drizzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Drizzt

For those of you who like this character and would like to know more about him here is a listing of novels he is in, all writen by R.A. Salvatore.

Homeland

Exile

Sojurn

The Crystal Shard

Streams of Silver

The Halflings Gem

The Legacy

Starless Night

Siege of Darkness

Passage to Dawn

The Silent Blade

The Spine of the World

Sea of Swords

Paths of Darkness

The Thousand Orcs

The Lone Drow

The Two Swords

The Orc King

The Pirate King (release Oct. 2008)

The Ghost King (release Oct 2009)

Other Great Reads

Servant of the Shard

Promise of the Witch King

Road of the Patriarch

and

Canticle

In Sylvan Shadows

Night Masks

The Fallen Fortress

The Chaos Curse

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Andferne

lol

Yeah theres a lot more info :)

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Andferne

This one?

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andferne

This was posted by Mr Salvatore on his boards regarding Drizzt. There is still a novel set to come out this year. But now he has been signed on for an additional 6! more. =D

Particularly after the events of "The Ghost King," I've been getting bombed with e-mails, facebook queries, questions at book signings, etc., about whether that was the last Drizzt book. Or is the one I'm working on right now the last book.

I've mentioned in the past that I'm looking to slow down, and that holds true. So here's the latest news:

For Immediate Release

Wizards of the Coast Signs Best-Selling Author R.A. Salvatore to New Book Deal

January 11, 2010 (Renton, Wash.) - Today, Wizards of the Coast LLC announced a new six-book deal with New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore. Published by Wizards of the Coast, the first book is scheduled to release in 2011 with a new book anticipated to follow once per year after that.

Salvatore's thrilling novels have sold millions of copies in more than a dozen languages and have appeared on the New York Times Best Seller list 22 times. His most popular character, Drizzt Do'Urden from the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms setting, will be featured in each of his six upcoming books.

"I've always maintained that I would keep writing Drizzt as long as it was fun and as long as people wanted to read it. Now I understand that this journey with Drizzt is more than just 'fun' for me," says Salvatore. "Writing Drizzt is an exercise of constantly reminding myself to find new trails and adventures in my own life; the character remains fresh to me because there's always a new turn, sometimes painful, often joyous, always alive."

This new agreement marks more than 20 years that Salvatore has been working with TSR/Wizards of the Coast. From his first novel, The Crystal Shard, to his most recent release, The Ghost King, Salvatore's novels have brought adventure and excitement to fans and fantasy readers around the world.

"We are delighted to ink a new multi-book deal with R.A. Salvatore, and we look forward to continuing our shared creative journey," said Liz Schuh, Brand Director for D&D. "Together, we will bring six more thrilling Dungeons & Dragons stories featuring Drizzt Do'Urden to our loyal fan base."

When asked how he feels about the new book deal, Salvatore affirmed, "My relationship with the whole team at Wizards of the Coast could not be better. And nothing makes me happier than the prospect of walking new roads with old friends."

About R.A. Salvatore

R.A. Salvatore is best known as the creator of the dark elf Drizzt, one of the fantasy genre's most beloved characters. With over 15 million books sold in the U.S. alone, more than four dozen books to his credit, more than 20 New York Times bestsellers and numerous game credits, Salvatore has become one of the most important figures in modern epic fantasy. His first published novel was The Crystal Shard in 1988. Since that time, Salvatore has published numerous novels, including the New York Times best-selling Seaof Swords, The Thousand Orcs, and The Orc King.

Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. The company holds an exclusive patent on trading card games (TCGs) and their method of play and produces the premier trading card game, Magic: The Gathering, among many other trading card games and family card and board games. Wizards is also a leading publisher of role-playing games, such as Dungeons & Dragons, and publisher of fantasy series fiction with numerous New York Times best-sellers. For more information, visit the Wizards of the Coast website at www.wizards.com

Wizards of the Coast, Dungeons & Dragons and Forgotten Realms are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC in the U.S.A. and other countries. Other trademarks are property of their respective owner. Ó2010 Wizards.

There you go. Please pass it around. Please refer anyone who asks, "Is this the last Drizzt book?" to this.

This really was an easy decision for me. I'm thoroughly enjoying walking the road of adventure with Drizzt, particularly in this very difficult time for him and in a world that's changing all around him.

Peace,

Bob

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

Newest book comes out soon! =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.