Follow

Dredd

Movie » Dredd released on September 07, 2012.

In a violent city, the police have the authority to act as judge, jury and executioner.

'Dredd' Tops DVD And Blu-Ray Sales Charts

• 60 results
    EdwardWoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By EdwardWoods
    YEAAAH!
    YEAAAH!
    powerhouse1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By powerhouse1122

Five stars. This film is one of the greatest of 2012.

mightypug78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mightypug78

theres a revived hope for a sequel! i cant wait to see judge death!

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54  Edited By kennybaese

This makes me happy. A sequel is still super unlikely, but at least these sales more or less make the movie profitable.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I saw it in theaters and next to The Hobbit, I think it was the best movie of the year. Then Total Recall, then Sinister. The Dark Knight Rises didn't even make it onto my list... I hated that movie. It was boring.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Onemoreposter

Fantastic. Simply fantastic. Dredd was my favorite comic book movie last year (and thats saying quite a bit).

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By COBRAMORPH

Really? Really? First, it had the stigma of the first movie, & of being a reboot in general.

Second, they ruined it by making it in 3D.

Since it was a great movie, yes it'll do well on Video sales. It DESERVES a sequel.

It also wouldnt have hurt if either the Hot actresses got naked.

@FoxxFireArt said:

think this is more a reflection of the changing movie market. I have a large TV in my living room with a Blu-ray player. Why go to a theater pay large ticket prices, and have to deal with rude people talking or chomping on food? I can just wait to watch movies in the comfort of my home in high-def.

I also wonder if calling it DREDD 3D hurt it? I know when I see 3D in a title my interest drops dramatically.

I avoid 3D whenever possible. & I WONT even watch those HFR movies. I saw the Hobbit in regular vision, & I am glad, that movie was not as good as the other LOTR. If I had to pay more for a Hobbit 3D-HFR movie, I WOULD have walked out & demanded a refund. I even sent the theater an email saying that, & that I'd sue them.

The idiots making these movies, Peter Jackson, James Cameron etc & I dont blame them, I blame the idiot studio heads, they are being told by Sony etc to push these 3D & HFR "invations" so that their 3D & 4K pieces of crap will sell. But they need to tell the studio heads, & their corporate masters that, sure people want things to look good in HD, but we do NOT want 3D, HFR, we want GOOD MOVIES. So yeah, watching a garbage movie like the Clash of the Titans remake is fine on a 65 inch HD.

The REASON people pirate movies, & I have never pirated a movie/song/show/software, is that most movies are not even worth the amount of "Free". Most movies, the people who pirated them, should be PAID for suffering through the garbage.

Reliantrocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Reliantrocket

Awesome movie. Its a shame it tanked in theaters. Maybe people were expecting another version like Stallone"s and decided to save themselves the heartache.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
    YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@inferiorego said:

GIVE US A DROKKIN' SEQUEL!

YES.

I so agree with this. I was so angry that Dredd didn't make enough to produce a sequel, while The Smurfs did....

Hopefully this may cover up for its box office failure in hopes for a sequel. Maybe..just maybe...

Orks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Orks

Really loved the movie was great the ONLY reason I didn't see it in theatres for release is it only played in 3D where I am, and I despise 3D.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.