Check Out A Minute Long 'DREDD' Movie Clip

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

DREDD is hitting theaters in about a month and as we near the film's release date, more information is beginning to leak -- and it doesn't look half bad. A new clip for DREDD has been released and it focuses pretty squarely on Ma-Ma's character, played by actress Lena Headey. Don't be fooled by Ma-Ma's timid voice over the intercom -- this woman means business. The former prostitute and leader of "the block" locks down the entire neighborhood until the two Judges have been eradicated.

With all the doors on the block locked and all civilians hiding behind doors, the Judges don't have a whole heck of a lot of places to run to. You can probably guess what happens next. The scene seems pretty critical to the plot itself, and might remind you of a little known Indonesian film titled The Raid: Redemption, from 2011. Those that saw the film about a 20-man SWAT team who raids a run down apartment block might see the similarities between the two films. Having seen this scene, do you think there will be enough differences between the two movies that will merit giving DREDD its own look? Do they seem at all similar to you? Do you think Ma-Ma is a threatening character?

Let us know what you think of the recently released DREDD clip and whether or not you will be heading to the theater to check out the movie on September 21st, 2012.

Source: Comicbookmovie

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34297 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#2 Posted by Inverno (13330 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG Cersei what the hell happened to you?!

But whatever that is you deserved it lol XD

#3 Posted by NightFang (10197 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good enough too me.

#4 Posted by Outside_85 (9918 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I wont claim Ma-Ma appears to be the brightest person to lead a gang, even if she managed to get what she wanted, she would be signing her own death warrant when all the other judges come after her.

#5 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that cleaning droid in the hallway was really funny. Does anyone remember what it said?? I cracked up when I saw it.

#6 Edited by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, looks interesting.

I will definitely watch it on DVD. :)

#7 Posted by thatlad (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I will definitely go watch this for this simple reason THEY'VE FOLLOWED THE COMICS LIKE WE WANTED. If you're a comic book fan you should go see this to show Hollywood this is what we want

#8 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
sara, can you be my date to this movie?
#9 Posted by EricFine (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or is this movie now heavily borrowing from 'The Raid: Redemption'?

#10 Posted by robcd (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It really does look like The Raid: Mega-City One. I'm totally fine with that, though.

#11 Posted by _Genesis_ (315 posts) - - Show Bio

kool

#12 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, may have a similarity to Raid: Redemption but I don't care. I'm psyched for this movie and am ready to see it. Even have myself a complimentary pass to see it with so I'm DEFINITELY ready for the release ^^. Is it September yet?

#13 Posted by kartron (423 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting!

#14 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie still looks terrible, sorry.

#15 Posted by ComicStooge (13738 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pumped!

#16 Posted by bones360uk (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhh why did she say f**k?would have made more sense if she said a swear word from the Dredd universe,like drokk,stomm or grud?

#17 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Utandi:

It doesn't need your effing approval get over yourself

#18 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri:

I don't understand? It wasn't meant that way. :(

Sorry if I offended you.

#19 Posted by Dedpool (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to enjoy this!!!

#20 Posted by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

damn Avon Barksdale got caught by Judge Dredd!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.