Follow

Drax the Destroyer

Character » Drax the Destroyer appears in 983 issues.

After he and his family were killed by Thanos, Arthur Douglas was recreated as Drax the Destroyer by Mentor and Kronos with the sole purpose of destroying Thanos. He later joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Classic Drax the Destroyer

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hulkinup

Am I one of the only few who would like to have the dumbed down powerhouse version of Drax brought back? I think he was so awesome with his level of strength,his cosmic blasts,his invulnerability,his flight. I rarely saw him get hurt and in some instances it was really bad writing. He was created to hunt down Thanos who is certainly nobody to take lightly. Even if they brought him back and made him intelligent like his earliest version I'd go for it! Anybody with me on this?

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By hulkinup

No Caption Provided

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

That is pretty cool, but I prefer the new look.

Magicalmoment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Magicalmoment

i prefer the old one

Avatar image for sovereign_vance
    Sovereign Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sovereign Vance
    hulkinup said:
    "Am I one of the only few who would like to have the dumbed down powerhouse version of Drax brought back? I think he was so awesome with his level of strength,his cosmic blasts,his invulnerability,his flight. I rarely saw him get hurt and in some instances it was really bad writing. He was created to hunt down Thanos who is certainly nobody to take lightly. Even if they brought him back and made him intelligent like his earliest version I'd go for it! Anybody with me on this?
    The dumbed down Drax was lamed.The original Drax the Destroyer who has some type of intellect was ok.I think Drax is fine how he is.All the flying and energy beams and all that stuff..that's all things so many other cosmic level characters can do.Drax is different now.He's his own character.He has an aura that seems to enhance his strength,he's a high level fighter and he's pretty smart.Also you have to remember...Classic Drax has been owned quite a few times.New Drax is actually weaker and he's undefeated and even killed Thanos whom he had been trying to kill for years.
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hulkinup

You've got some good points,a bunch of other cosmic characters do have the same type of powers,and yeah he killed Thanos which the older version never did. I think I liked him the most because he was a cosmic brick who was built like a brick and some of my favorite characters are bricks.I still don't remember or possibly missed these times he got owned,I saw a few times(can't remember which stories though) in which that happened but for the most part he was very hard to stop on a physical level. I think the version going right now is o.k.,but I very much prefer the old version.

CharlieJade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CharlieJade

Classic Drax is back!

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wdchefdave

The original "Drax, the Destroyer" was always pissed-off and powerful.  He hung out with Captain Mar-Vell , Firelord, and Adam Warlock pretty much as the MUSCLE of the group.  He seemed to have Hulk level strength and some really big power blasts.  He acted almost like a zombie... because according to his origin, that's pretty much what he is!  I miss the original Drax... but, I don't know who he would play with these days.  The "space-opera" days are long gone. And I miss them.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By HellionVulcan

I doubt he'll go back to his original power set as hes usually apart of a team & Drax at his old power level didn't need a team lol .

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.