Dragoness

#1 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio
this may seem like a pretty  random topic  but has anyone else ever noticed the strikeing similarties between  the mutant  dragoness and   the godzilla monster called  gigan ?   here is a photo of  gigan incase you dont know what i am talking about  : 
http://images.wikia.com/villains/images/0/0c/Gigan1.jpg

please tell me that other people also see the similiaries and i am not makeing this up was the charcter done as some type of homage   as  this charcter first appeared towards the end of the original new mutants run so cant have come before
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12275 posts) - - Show Bio

The Mask is reminiscent, maybe whoever designed her was a Godzilla fan
#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

The mask & scaly skin are jsut part of her costume.  It's possible that Mr Liefeld took her design from Godzilla movies he was watching when drawing those original New Mutants issues.  But I suspect this really is a case of coincidence.

#4 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

I think... sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and people can come up for all sorts of crazy conspiracy theories...  

Kidding of course lol, but yea, pretty funny and strange. 

#5 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

true true but it does seem to be a quite strikeing similiartiy  but not too similar to get anyone  too  worried about infringment i guess its with the maks and scales that look most alike

#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15760 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, I don't think Cannonball would let Gigan kiss him ;)

#7 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm but maybe karma  would we just dont know ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.