Doe roboticized mean that the character now robot or cyborg?

#1 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

As you know roboticizing is a popular concept in Archie sonic the hedgehog and sonic the comic. Its Robotnik favorite method of dealing with prisoners. When a character is roboticized they are completely mechanical not a single part of them is organic. This needs to be establish

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

It means both.

#3 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

When they are reboticized, they become fully robotic. No organic parts

#4 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

They become fully robotic.... and if someone tries to roboticize them when they are already robotic, then they explode. In fact, I think it was established that whenever you try to roboticize anything that isn't organic, it just explodes.

#5 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

In the game, Sonic could break his fellow woodland creatures free of the Robotic process.  That may have no bearing on how it works in the comics, but it suggests that the procedure isn't necessarily permanent.

#6 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77 said:

In the game, Sonic could break his fellow woodland creatures free of the Robotic process. That may have no bearing on how it works in the comics, but it suggests that the procedure isn't necessarily permanent.

In the comics it is permanent. They don't just get trapped inside of a robot - they actually become a robot.

#7 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrMiracle77: Sonic the comic those creatures were inside the robots were flickies their body made it possible to become an energy source. @MrDirector786: It was use Archie in Sonic Genesis arc. Eggman did that so to mess with everyone's heads to question which reality is, in order roboticized the planet. one for robot thanks for your answer though perhaps I should have made this a poll

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5892 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever the characters are roboticized they become fully robotic, having no organic parts. The only way to reverse the effects of the roboticizer according to the Sonic Satam TV show, they need to have a deroboticizer to turn robots back into living beings, although I'm not sure if this was discussed in the comics or not.

#9 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

Whenever the characters are roboticized they become fully robotic, having no organic parts. The only way to reverse the effects of the roboticizer according to the Sonic Satam TV show, they need to have a deroboticizer to turn robots back into living beings, although I'm not sure if this was discussed in the comics or not.

It's possible to deroboticize someone but it does require a machine. Sonic once got roboticized by Robotnik and became Mecha Sonic and Knuckles roboticized himself to fight him and they both got deroboticized after the fight ended.

#10 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems that I need make a correction people becoming badniks is not roboticized being badniked. I think that is the right word. Currently there is another method he can do legionized. Think of legionized as Star Trek’s assimilated with Robotnik having option of giving them free will or not. Badniked is being inside his robot becoming a battery for it and roboticized is making them robots.

@MrDirector786: Eggman took care of that problem along with the free will with his new method being weaponized. the roboticized will have ring preserve that they charge with a new one as soon as possible if they are critically down.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.