Follow

Dr. Light (Hoshi)

Character » Dr. Light (Hoshi) appears in 426 issues.

Dr. Kimiyo Hoshi, an astronomer, was granted abilities by the Monitor, during the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths, that allow her to control and adsorb a variation of different light energy. She's often been a member of the Justice League. She's the divorced mother of two children, Imako (her daughter) and Yasu (her son).

a little confused about her power

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

According to this ,Kimyo needs to have a light source around to draw energy from it ,but I was under the impression that she got her power from the star Vega and that was where her energy came from. Can anyone clarify?

Miss_Quintess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Miss_Quintess

That's a really good question! Though I haven't been following her as much, there was a point where she was depowered by Arthur Light, right? At that point, it seemed like she had been permanently, but then she started using her powers at some point again. I believe that she used to have a light dependency, but the power provided to her by the Monitor from the star Vega took over after her depowering? At least, that's what it looks like. Now, she still has a fear of the dark but no dependency on a light source.

Anyone else have some insight on the question?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.