Follow

Doomwar

Story arc »

Doctor Doom and Desturi politically takeover Wakanda for the precious metal Vibranium. Let's see what the T'Challa and friends have to say about it.

Doomwar flops again!

jdd1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jdd1982

The numbers for Doomwar #4 are out, and they don't lie: the title has now dropped to #72 on the charts.   
     http://www.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=3&s=5&ai=96215

Now, the Maberry nuthuggers - um, I mean fans - will go out of their way to make excuses, and that's fine. Or they'll say that the title is still making money for Marvel, and that's fine. Or they'll swear up and down that the sales will go up w/Deadpool's arrival, and that's fine. But may I say I'm proud of the REAL Black Panther/royal marriage fans for just quietly saying "no" and turning our backs on this farce of a writer and his horrific addition to the Panther storyline. NO, we won't support a fake Panther who even the author of the book considers to be a thug. NO, we won't support a title where our hero is run through the dirt just to sell books. NO, we won't support a title where his wife is mistreated and cast aside, especially for something as ridiculous and contrived as nannites. NO, we won't buy a book where guest stars are flooded in because Maberry can't hold anybody's interest. NO, we won't buy a book that is so asinine that the writer has to show up after every issue to explain what's going on. You Maberry fanboys may want to help your old man set the grill up for those shoes he's going to be grubbing on in a couple of months. He made his bed...time to snack on it.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock
    @jdd1982: If you have read the book so far, you'd know that T'Challa wasn't mistreating his wife. He couldn't tell her about the nanites, and made it quite clear why he couldn't. Also, as far as sales, I could care less. I find the book very enjoyable, and I think Maberry is doing a great job. It's better than Hudlin's run of Black Panther, as far as I'm concerned. The guest appearances (X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool) are warranted because, one, it's a Marvel event (like Siege, Secret Invasion, Secret Wars, Civil War, World War Hulk, etc, since they have all had guest appearances from other Marvel characters, so why is it different with Doomwar? Please explain). Two, it almost always takes more than one hero to fight Doom, especially if he's got an army of Doombots that are mystically and technologically enhanced by Vibranium. Guest appearances aren't there to hold interest. They are affected by Doom just as much as Storm and the Panthers are, and they have all had history with Doom at one point. As long as I can remember, Marvel has always had a difficult time selling Black Panther comic books. It's been that way for a very long time. But, the fact that it doesn't sell as well doesn't really diminish the overall quality of the book. He doesn't sell because his character isn't as popular as others. As far as Maberry being asinine, you can always head over to HudlinEntertainment.com and tell him that. He's a user of the site.

Me liking this book doesn't mean that I'm not a real Black Panther fan (considering the fact that I've read and own all major Black Panther books and appearances, watched the six-episode mini-series, RP his character on MySpace, used a cheat to unlock his character in the first MUA game, and debate his character to the death in the battle forums against other street levelers that appear to be more popular than he is). Not to be cocky, but I'm one of the resident Black Panther fans here (along with Buckshot). I'm as real a Black Panther fan as they come. :)
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AtPhantom
    @jdd1982 said:
    "Now, the Maberry nuthuggers - um, I mean fans"
    Wow, what a great way to start an argument...
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock
    @AtPhantom: LOL.
    jdd1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jdd1982
    @AtPhantom:  This isn't an argument. The Maberry fanboys have been giving the same tired excuses for nearly a year now; everybody else has held their nose and jumped ship. I feel like making a Maberry bingo card.

@Static Shock : 

There's nothing I've said about your old man that I haven't said directly to him. That's one. Two, why are you riding for a man whose last post was dated January 26, 2010? That's two. Three, one of the reasons why I left HEF is because I don't buy a book, whine endlessly about it, only to kiss butt on another site. Like I said, Maberry knows exactly how I feel about him and his destroying the Panther legacy. And it's not lost on me that Maberry jumped ship when some other HEFfas began to call him out on his crap.  Finally, "if you were reading the book" is the best excuse - uh, I mean, the best way - to get me to ignore the bulk of your post. I don't need to read the book; Maberry tells everybody what's going on as soon as it's over. I mean, he goes over every part in excruciating detail. He even spent issue #3 rehashing what went on in issues #1 and #2! Guess what? Doomwar is STILL an idiotic piece of dreck, and the only way I can take fans (including you) even remotely seriously is to treat you like I treat Tyler Perry fans - with pity. Because nobody who supports this title could ever have my respect. And I don't say that because that's something that should keep you awake at night, but because I have no desire to be bothered with your Spartan-like antics. So cool it already.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock
    @jdd1982: LOL. Maberry isn't my 'old man', I'm afraid. Also, I didn't know Maberry wasn't at HEF anymore, since I haven't been to the site in months. Even then, I'm not riding anybody. Judging by your post, you obviously haven't read what was going in Doomwar, so you thinking that T'Challa was mistreating Storm is nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, your opinion really isn't warranted since you never read the book, anyway. I don't care what the writer tells you. Read the source material, then you can run your mouth. Simple. Perhaps I shouldn't take you seriously, either. Also, I was never looking for your respect, to be begin with, but to address most of the dog excrement in your post. You aren't of any importance, so why would I need your respect? Spartan-like antics? That wasn't even remotely clever. Telling me to cool it is a waste of time, because you made this forum for people to respond to. That's what I did. If you don't like what I'm saying, tough rocks. Whatever you say here is open to criticism. I have the right to do that, so I apologize if you feel as if I'm being offense. I was only trying to have a friendly conversation with you, but I guess that's a disappointment since you find it difficult to address what I was actually saying in my last post, but to only address Maberry himself. Whatever... :P
    jdd1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jdd1982
    @Static Shock: 
      I don't care what the writer tells you. Read the source material, then you can run your mouth.  

I'll run my mouth where I damn well please. Don't like it? Deal. Your book is a flop. Not my fault you hitched your wagon to a loser. Speaking of which, I'll be damned if I read the book, whine about it, then read the book some more, whine about it, then read it some more. Either way, Marvel gets my money. Why the hell would I do that? When you've turned your back on something, you don't write a check when you do it! Additionally, I'd have to actually read your post in order to address it, and I already know what it says: blah blah blah Maberry is God blah blah blah who cares about sales blah blah blah read the book blah blah blah Shuri is teh_kewliez blah blah BLAH. You guys never come up with anything new or worth addressing. And yet, had the book been a hit, all we'd be hearing is blah blah blah look at the sales.

But at least you admit what I've long known - anything that comes out of Maberry's own mouth isn't to be trusted and should be double checked. How much money did you waste on Maberry's BP work before you figured that out?
    _Sub-Zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Sub-Zero_

I'M liking doomwar, damn your solistics to hell :)

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock
    @jdd1982 said:

"   I'll run my mouth where I damn well please. Don't like it? Deal.

I've already dealt, by telling your opinion is meaningless for reasons stated. 

@jdd1982 said:
    Your book is a flop.
    It's not my book. It's Maberry's. LOL.

@jdd1982 said:
    Not my fault you hitched your wagon to a loser.
    I don't own a wagon. Sorry.

@jdd1982 said:
    "Speaking of which, I'll be damned if I read the book, whine about it, then read the book some more, whine about it, then read it some more. Either way, Marvel gets my money. Why the hell would I do that? When you've turned your back on something, you don't write a check when you do it!
    Like I said, your opinion doesn't mean anything if you haven't read the book.

@jdd1982 said:
    "Additionally, I'd have to actually read your post in order to address it, and I already know what it says: blah blah blah Maberry is God blah blah blah who cares about sales blah blah blah read the book blah blah blah Shuri is teh_kewliez blah blah BLAH.
    My post doesn't say Maberry is God. Also, it doesn't really mention my views on Shuri, either. Tell me. Are you intentionally this ignorant? I would like to know. :)

@jdd1982 said:
    "You guys never come up with anything new or worth addressing.
    Hmmm..... Delicious irony. Tastes like the plate of spaghetti I'm eating at the moment.

@jdd1982 said:
    " And yet, had the book been a hit, all we'd be hearing is blah blah blah look at the sales.
    Your assumptions are meaningless too.

@jdd1982 said:
    " How money money did you waste on Maberry's BP work before you figured that out? "
    I have the book, but it doesn't mean that I paid money for it.
    jdd1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jdd1982
    Static Shock, don't even bother. I don't care. 

@_Sub-Zero_

said:

" I'M liking doomwar, damn your solistics to hell :) "

Do you like the Lakers, too? Yer killin' me, Petey!!!! :p

Nah, jokes aside. I can see how non-Panther fans could dig Doomwar, especially Doom fans. But no self-respecting BP fan would ever support this title. Luckily, we seem to have a lot of them - after all, Maberry killed the book in six issues flat. You can't blame me for gloating just a little bit. :) This guy may be the greatest plant since Alvin Greene.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
    @jdd1982 said:
    " Static Shock, don't even bother. I don't care. 
    Too late.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
    @jdd1982 said:
    But no self-respecting BP fan would ever support this title
    That's a lie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.