Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 548 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

Powers Question

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Martian

Alright we all know Doomsday comes back tougher than ever when he dies but how much tougher is he? How does it work exactly. I mean lets say(I know he can't) Spider-Man killed Doomsday using brute force. Would someone who can provide more brute force than Spider-Man, say Hulk or Superman, beable to kill Doomsday using Brute Force or would be be immune to it completely? Or lets say Superman uses heat vision and killed him. Would Doomsday be immune to all heat or just equal to or less than Superman's vision. The same could go for cold. Lets say Iceman froze him to death. Would he be immune to all cold or just equal to or less than the cold that killed him?

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
    Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Heart of Infinity

Nobody says:

"Alright we all know Doomsday comes back tougher than ever when he dies but how much tougher is he? How does it work exactly. I mean lets say(I know he can't) Spider-Man killed Doomsday using brute force. Would someone who can provide more brute force than Spider-Man, say Hulk or Superman, beable to kill Doomsday using Brute Force or would be be immune to it completely? Or lets say Superman uses heat vision and killed him. Would Doomsday be immune to all heat or just equal to or less than Superman's vision. The same could go for cold. Lets say Iceman froze him to death. Would he be immune to all cold or just equal to or less than the cold that killed him?"

Good question. I am no Doomsday expert but in my opinion he should have a limit of what he can take on everything

ok dont accuse me of being a supes hater but imagine supes killing doomsday with heat vision. Ok doomsday adapts and is tougher. Imagine a Cosmic being like Silver Surfer shooting him with the mother of all cosmic like blast obliterating Doomsday. He may have a certain limit where his defenses cant take it anymore. I would hope because it would be kinda lame other wise

Well for instance

(wether you agree he is or isnt stronger is irrelevant) Broly vs Doomsday. I consider broly a lot more powerful then doomsday (i base it on his track record but like i said irrelevant)

So back to the point broly ahnihilates Doomsday with the energy blast from hell and kills doomsday and then doomsday comes back and broly does it again but if he can adapt to any energy blast regardless of its power it would be kinda stupid Imo

oh broly cant beat him now but doomsday sure as hell cant do anything either...eh

but I wonder if Doomsday will come back after complet obliteration. No cells or bodyparts left to come back to life from

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the creator

To my understanding Doomsday evolves past the force or application used to kill him. So when he is reborn, the level of force required to kiill him with the prvious force would need to be exceeded to kill him again.

So if Superman kills him by

1. Heat Vision lasering in to his brain

2. Brute strength snapping his neck

the following would occur,

1. His skin and bone becomes more heat resistant (or another defense mechanism is evolved), so that beams of the the heat visions intensity (and maybe a bit beyond it - I would guess at +20%) will not kill him again. They may cause him pain but not kill him.

2. His bodily muscles and specically those around his neck area and the bones of neck evolve - getting stronger and maybe developing a different interlocking nature to prevent this attack succeeding again.

There did not appear to be an upper limit as yet to what super powered attacks he can adapt to.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

From his origin I would say it might not be successful even after his first evolution. Though that may just have been his developmental stage as by huter/prey he had evolved beyond Darkseid, Superman and the Radient and caught up with Waverider too. His evolution can occur without death. Superman attacked him with a sonic weapon, but he adapted to that during the fight.

I think it depends on how big a leap he has to make. Someone like the Silver Surfer may be able to beat him a couple of times as he finds ways to adapt but ultimately he will become more impervious to his attacks.

The only sure way to keep him down was to stick him at the end of time, caught in the universe's final entropy. It was outside intervention that brought him out of that.

Avatar image for heart_of_infinity
    Heart of Infinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Heart of Infinity

Can you kill him if you completly vaporize him. I mean how does he come back. Does he come back cause he still has a body or can he regenerate or does he just magicaly comeback to life with his body no mater what happened to him

Bender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bender

Couldn't supe's just Phantom zone his ass?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valkaad

Post Deleted.

Titan3510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Titan3510

Ummm...I don't know a lot about Doomsday. Can you guys fill me in before I give you my input.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.