Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 548 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

He can't fly, right?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

well doomsday could let a fart and let our sun go supernova lol maybe hed be flying then until then nope i dont think he can

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Phorqe

A common thing thrown around in the Battles Forum is, "Superman would just throw him into the sun." Why didn't Superman do that to Doomsday? He'd be stuck there, right? I don't exactly see him catapulting himself off the sun.... any thoughts?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cause he's to strong for Superman to toss around like a rag doll.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Phorqe

Gambler says:

"Cause he's to strong for Superman to toss around like a rag doll."

I know he's strong, but he doesn't weigh a million tons or anything. I'm sure he could have got the opportunity to do something like this (yes, I know, it's not the comics.... but still....)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Phorqe says:

"Gambler says:
    "Cause he's to strong for Superman to toss around like a rag doll."

I know he's strong, but he doesn't weigh a million tons or anything. I'm sure he could have got the opportunity to do something like this (yes, I know, it's not the comics.... but still....)
    "

In a situation like that, he could. But so far, every time they fight there isn't a little girl with a teddy bear showing up to distract Doomsday.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Phorqe

Gambler says:

"In a situation like that, he could. But so far, every time they fight there isn't a little girl with a teddy bear showing up to distract Doomsday."
    Ha. Well there should be, or Batman runs around and does some back flips or something.The teddy bear girl defense is #1564 in the JLA play book.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Phorqe says:

"Gambler says:
    "In a situation like that, he could. But so far, every time they fight there isn't a little girl with a teddy bear showing up to distract Doomsday."
    Ha. Well there should be, or Batman runs around and does some back flips or something.The teddy bear girl defense is #1564 in the JLA play book."

Yeah #1565 in the playbook is for Wonder Woman and Black Canary to make out O_O
    Post Edited:2007-12-11 17:09:56

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

In the original fight, Superman does try to fly him into space, but he wriggles free.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Yeah #1565 in the playbook is for Wonder Woman and Black Canary to make out O_O"

takes a seat and grabs some popcorn

M

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Phorqe

Gambler says:

"Phorqe says:
    "Gambler says:
    Ha. Well there should be, or Batman runs around and does some back flips or something.The teddy bear girl defense is #1564 in the JLA play book."

Post Edited:2007-12-11 17:09:56"

Flash(to WW and BC) "Trust us, when the situation calls for it, you'll be glad we put this in the book!"

This is a little off topic, but I just did a research paper on sexual addiction, and if Flash had a masturbation problem, no one would know. He'd be gone, finish off and be back before any one noticed.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"If Ms.Invisible sees us talking like this we're gonna end up in a blog :P"

i think i've already ended up in her blogs a few times lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
    "Yeah #1565 in the playbook is for Wonder Woman and Black Canary to make out O_O"

takes a seat and grabs some popcorn

M"

takes a seat next to Methos

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild

Gambler says:

"Phorqe says:
    "Gambler says:

Post Edited:2007-12-11 17:09:56"

Takes a seat up close

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

If Ms.Invisible sees us talking like this we're gonna end up in a blog :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Darkchild

Methos says:

"Gambler says:

i think i've already ended up in her blogs a few times lol

M"

i dont think i have i mean shes never on when i am

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

LMMFAO

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andferne

Am I too late for the show? crap brought nachos for nothing.

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Ms. Invisible

Gambler says:

You better watch out. I got my evil eye on you. :P
    Post Edited:2007-12-11 21:20:56

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By acewasp23

Phorqe says:

"This is a little off topic, but I just did a research paper on sexual addiction, and if Flash had a masturbation problem, no one would know. He'd be gone, finish off and be back before any one noticed."

Lmao

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

LMMFAO!!!!!

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lordraiden

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
    i think i've already ended up in her blogs a few times lol M"

is that a good thing?

Avatar image for deactived-3246821
    deactived-3246821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wouldnt do that because while he was he'd be getting punched in the face by some giant monstrosity that's stronger than him.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Forever

You'd think Superman would be able to do it. Even if Doomsday weighed 10 tons, which I seriously doubt, Superman can lift so much more than that, that he should be able to easily quickly toss Doomsday with enough velocity to make it into space and possibly into the Sun's gravitational pull. With his speed advantage, he shouldn't have had much trouble pulling that off.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Forever says:

"You'd think Superman would be able to do it. Even if Doomsday weighed 10 tons, which I seriously doubt, Superman can lift so much more than that, that he should be able to easily quickly toss Doomsday with enough velocity to make it into space and possibly into the Sun's gravitational pull. With his speed advantage, he shouldn't have had much trouble pulling that off."

What speed advantage?, he says in the comic that he has to match Doomsday's speed or he is done. Doomsday was as fast or faster than him.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Apparition

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Forever says:
    "You'd think Superman would be able to do it. Even if Doomsday weighed 10 tons, which I seriously doubt, Superman can lift so much more than that, that he should be able to easily quickly toss Doomsday with enough velocity to make it into space and possibly into the Sun's gravitational pull. With his speed advantage, he shouldn't have had much trouble pulling that off."
    What speed advantage?, he says in the comic that he has to match Doomsday's speed or he is done. Doomsday was as fast or faster than him."

so doomsday can move at light speed? when do they ever show him do that?

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Apparition says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Forever says:
    What speed advantage?, he says in the comic that he has to match Doomsday's speed or he is done. Doomsday was as fast or faster than him."

so doomsday can move at light speed? when do they ever show him do that?"

I don't know, haven't seen him do that, just telling you what Superman said in the comic. I guess if Superman was that much faster than him, it would have been a really short fight. But I guess he wasn't or it was bad writting because he was getting him from all sides.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Apparition

Fantasma Ghost says:

"Apparition says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Forever says:
    I don't know, haven't seen him do that, just telling you what Superman said in the comic. I guess if Superman was that much faster than him, it would have been a really short fight. But I guess he wasn't or it was bad writting because he was getting him from all sides."

that happens to superman from lots of people. they even show batman and hal jordan hitting him. if he was using his superspeed then he would be faster than doomsday. you know they do that to make the fight worthwhile.

Fantasma Ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fantasma Ghost

Apparition says:

"Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Fantasma Ghost says:
    "Forever says:
    I don't know, haven't seen him do that, just telling you what Superman said in the comic. I guess if Superman was that much faster than him, it would have been a really short fight. But I guess he wasn't or it was bad writting because he was getting him from all sides."

that happens to superman from lots of people. they even show batman and hal jordan hitting him. if he was using his superspeed then he would be faster than doomsday. you know they do that to make the fight worthwhile.

"

Yes, but have you seen Superman say, that he can't match their speed? He specifically says it, worse he was talking to himself(thinking it).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.