Follow

Doomsday

Character » Doomsday appears in 548 issues.

Doomsday is a seemingly unstoppable behemoth who adapts his physical form to overcome and destroy anything or anyone in his path. He is best known for being the murderer of Superman in the "Death of Superman" storyline.

God damn you walking plot device

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Nelomaxwell

I'm sooo tried of Doomsday, I wish some one would kill him already permanently he's just a damn marketing tool created to give superman a fight. It's like no one above Abstract level can put him down for good. What the hell kinda crap is that?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Nelomaxwell said:

" I'm sooo tried of Doomsday, I wish some one would kill him already permanently he's just a damn marketing tool created to give superman a fight. It's like no one above Abstract level can put him down for good.

What the hell kinda crap is that?

"
    The unkillable kind? ;p
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad

It's not like he's the only one that's like that. Juggs for one. Wolverine's Adamantium (to a way lesser extent) is also a plot device.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Juggs i can buy Magic and Cytorakk are really weird things. The Exemplars can balance him. Or Shuma can. But DD is a science experiment i don't care by whom or from where he's biological he has to be able to die.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By HolySerpent

Doomsday is awesome. dont hate.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Please tell me why he's awesome?  Is it because he was created to boost dying DC sales?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64

I think The reign Of the doomsday is supposed to finally put an end to Doomsday.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @Primmaster64 said:
    I think The reign Of the doomsday is supposed to finally put an end to Doomsday.
    Good riddance.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
    @entropy_aegis said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    Good riddance.
    LOL but is it true.
    Avatar image for teamunitednerds
    TeamUnitedNerds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

There was once a time when Batman was but a campy joke, and Superman nothing more than a dull boyscout. Instead of killing them off, make them a frigging good character

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I hope Doomsday kills death again.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 SC  Moderator

Doomsday is awesome in many ways to certain people in a world where people love to live vicariously through characters and so some believe that on some level their favorites characters being able to beat your favorite characters makes them superior (or not inferior) so we got some super fun crazy psychology stuff going on here. In the old days people use to do this thing where it was the objects that were associated to them that were superior (where they lived, their god, their family, themselves) but an interesting thing in the modern world is information technology and its ability to make us aware of much more than our brains can accurately cope with without excessive filtering. Now people can pick things a part from them then associate with them, favorite characters, movies, artists, songs and the like. Except still that psychology where if you don't respect or you attack something that a person affiliates or has affiliated then you are personally disrespecting or attacking that person. So for those whose reality blurs with fiction, being affiliated with a character that 'killed' Superman and can "evolve" past death is pretty comforting to some and ego boasting too.

Its why my favorite character is Saywhat, a character from a 14th century Russian comic written by Spanish time travelers, from the end of everything. Saywhat is a 2 year old half Polynesian, half Super Saiyan God, half Proto Omniverse concept girl from New York. Saywhat's first power is to beat everything ever if she wants to including every thing character, object, argument your mind and everyone who has ever had a minds collective mind could potentially conceive. Her second power is to be objective absolute superior perfection and likability. Her third power is to make the best milkshakes without even attempting. Her forth power is to never die because she can adapt and evolve to everything, but this power is moot because of powers one, two, three and 5 to infinity. I really relate to her.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Hazlenaut

You know perhaps that is the point. It is a character that has no redeemable factors. It is a device that was created to fill his creator’s plot which is destruction and nothing more. Perhaps this would be note to Luthor not to be one track minded to kill Superman.

Doomsday is as simple as it gets he seeks to destroy and that is it. If you have chance to kill it, do it. This is not something that cannot be redeemed or be used for good. If there is any hesitation to think that there is a better way or other reason. There will only be regret because that chance to do it again will never happen. It is not because it learned from it but it got immunity afterward. It is a waste as it only seeks cruelty and death. If there was a chance it was long gone before you met it.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I feel like it would be very interesting to see a Doomsday story told from his point of view. When you look into his origins about him being tortured for hundreds of years by that scientist, once could see why he hates and despises ALL life. A short-series maybe where Doomsday is on the run. He could be made out to be a little bit sympathetic, but no less brutal. It is one of the top 10 comics I would pay 50$ to read.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@nelomaxwell: Doomsday is one of those characters that is great in small doses, he's not one of the true greats but he's like a hurricane.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Ostyo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.