Doomsday's Weakness?

#1 Posted by Comicjew (164 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Doomsday have any weakness? If so, what are they?
#2 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure. But you can't beat him the same way twice, so once you exploit a weakness, it's done. Check out how Darkseid killed Doomsday. That might yield some results.

#3 Posted by thegreatfour (12967 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire universe imploding. Well that's every bodies weakness

#4 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

flying
#5 Posted by realsilverjunk (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Taking apart his consciousness, and erasing him from history. Or recreate him from birth, into a good version, that is still alive. 

#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday has no physical weakness to manipulate the only way to stop him is kill him in a way that has not been done before he has been killed millions of times so good luck with that. This is why he is Doomsday

#7 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicjew:
beat him till he falls.
#8 Posted by AssertingValor (5391 posts) - - Show Bio

Flying and his mind!  He was brainwashed into fighting the imperiex probes
#9 Posted by TheSpiritStalker (2054 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say having intelligence means he can feel pain and all sorts, the proper Doomsday couldn't feel anything

#10 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd figure, you would have to outsmart him but he is so powerful nothing could really hurt him physically. I would also use the fact that he can't fly so you might be able to fly him into space and leave him there if your fast enough.

#11 Posted by Grubich (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought recently got the ability to fly?

#12 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix:
doomsday can fly
#13 Posted by ThanoStomp (787 posts) - - Show Bio

After someone kills him, why don' t they find a way to cut him up and send those parts into a dozen different stars across the galaxy?

#14 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday can fly now? Oh well, back to the drawing board...

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Entropy as demonstrated in Hunter/Prey.  Spreading over his disintegrating his consciousness as demonstrated in Doomsday Wars.  Evolving sentience makes him pretty weak as demonstrated in The Last Laugh.  In a way the entropy weakness was reaffirmed in Our Worlds at War when Imperiex blasted him to practically nothing.  Otherwise, he's one pretty unbeatable s.o.b.

#16 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix said:
" Doomsday can fly now? Oh well, back to the drawing board... "
When did THIS start now??
#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltraHeroix said:
" I'd figure, you would have to outsmart him but he is so powerful nothing could really hurt him physically. I would also use the fact that he can't fly so you might be able to fly him into space and leave him there if your fast enough. "
I don't know. I think he's the kind of brute force that can't be stopped by outsmarting. He won't stop to consider anything you throw at him.
#18 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102:
in the reign of doomsday hes been showing it as he can copy powers now hes also shown the power to grow body armour and copied eradicators energy blasts
#19 Posted by SC (12945 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
" @UltraHeroix said:
When did THIS start now?? "

It happened after he was sitting on his couch after a hard day at working at the Bank (he's a cashier) and a very special and inspirational Seal music video came on. It told him to fly like an Eagle... and so he did! 
#20 Posted by theindomitableman (60 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC:  I thought it happened after he was sitting on the toilet. Green peppers don't agree with him. That's the problem with rumors, they get tweaked after every telling.
#21 Posted by SC (12945 posts) - - Show Bio
@theindomitableman:  It is a little bit like Kryptonian's whispers... except with their hearing, you would expect accuracy no? Maybe the reality lies somewhere between the tales? Maybe he was sitting on the toilet listening to Seal and 90's music disagrees with him? Maybe some things were never meant for mortal ears and minds.... 
#22 Posted by GLforHIRE (453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102:
ya, im not sure sure he can fly like at will but in regien of doomsday he has been shown to COPY everyones powers...Against steel he could suddenly fly and grew instant steel armor...against eradicator he wasnt hurt by the blast and could shot hand blasts of his own and against supergirl/batman/boodika he was able to fly again and resisted the green lantern ring. now have to see if he suddenly has cyborg supermans powers during the next fight
#23 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
" @Dracade102 said:
" @UltraHeroix said:
When did THIS start now?? "
  It happened after he was sitting on his couch after a hard day at working at the Bank (he's a cashier) and a very special and inspirational Seal music video came on. It told him to fly like an Eagle... and so he did!  "
I severely hurt myself from laughing so much... 
#24 Posted by fACEmelter88 (609 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Doomsday has no physical weakness to manipulate the only way to stop him is kill him in a way that has not been done before he has been killed millions of times so good luck with that. This is why he is Doomsday "
Breaking his spiky things off hurts him but that's about it but I'm pretty sure beating the hell out him will do the trick
#25 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus can eat him.

#26 Posted by Rojay (43 posts) - - Show Bio

firstly Galactus can not eat Doomsday and if he manage to eat himDoomsday will rip his insides to sherds, however i have one sane solution a radioactive instance neclear kryptonite abominous explosion  can kill him and weakened him every time because he is from krypton and so he shares the same weakness as superman. evidence of this is in Justice League Unlimited Season 2 Episode 3,( Doomsday Sanction  ) an in it  general Wade Eiling   dispatched a kryptonite missile of that origin to the island where both superman and doomsday were fighting in the event that it would destroy them both,  (lastly the weakness he shares that superman does not is  that exteame heat can alter him to weakness once it is originates from a kryptonian (evidence of this was  also present in justice league when superman was at the justice lord level and roasted Doomsday brain or lobotomized Doomsday when he was at his peek and also high levels of radioactive energy beams from krypton can drain him to death. remember to visit http://www.wix.com/rojaychambers/rojayblazaz in 2014. hope to recreate the superman legend and legacy in the future the idea is on youtube more episode will be release in 2014. but u all can check out Rojay Super x 
#27 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

how about draining his power make him energy material

his body can adapt but how about his mind he can be vulnerable to psychic attacks

magic can work the Eto gun mouse bullet can work

if all else fails its mcguffin time

#28 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11337 posts) - - Show Bio

You wanna know how to exploit his weaknesses or even kill Doomsday? Here, I'll tell you how. You can kill Doomsday how ever the f*ck you want to kill Doomsday because he DOESN'T EXIST. Which means: You can kill him off however you want simply by becoming a comic book writer and WRITING HIM OFF YOURSELF.

(This post has been heavily influenced by the abnormal amount of viewing of The Death and Return of Superman by Max Landis. If you've seen it, You know what I'm referring too.)

#29 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSpiritStalker said:

I'd have to say having intelligence means he can feel pain and all sorts, the proper Doomsday couldn't feel anything

i hated that excuse bc the intelligence should also give him the knowledge that anyone can eventually over come pain and that his only weakness really is not dying. With intelligence he would know that to make himself better he would have to die and he would return

@Valtot said:

@Dracade102: in the reign of doomsday hes been showing it as he can copy powers now hes also shown the power to grow body armour and copied eradicators energy blasts

This was later shown to be multiple clones that were grwon with hte powers not just him copying them

#30 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rojay said:

firstly Galactus can not eat Doomsday and if he manage to eat himDoomsday will rip his insides to sherds, however i have one sane solution a radioactive instance neclear kryptonite abominous explosion can kill him and weakened him every time because he is from krypton and so he shares the same weakness as superman. evidence of this is in Justice League Unlimited Season 2 Episode 3,( Doomsday Sanction ) an in it general Wade Eiling dispatched a kryptonite missile of that origin to the island where both superman and doomsday were fighting in the event that it would destroy them both, (lastly the weakness he shares that superman does not is that exteame heat can alter him to weakness once it is originates from a kryptonian (evidence of this was also present in justice league when superman was at the justice lord level and roasted Doomsday brain or lobotomized Doomsday when he was at his peek and also high levels of radioactive energy beams from krypton can drain him to death. remember to visit http://www.wix.com/rojaychambers/rojayblazaz in 2014. hope to recreate the superman legend and legacy in the future the idea is on youtube more episode will be release in 2014. but u all can check out Rojay Super x

I see no reason why Galactus couldnt eat him. Also Doomsday would lose to Galactus. After Doomsday faced the Justice Lords Superman tried the same move on him and it no longer worked. I also believe that Doomsday go over his weakness to Kryptonite

#31 Posted by bob agent of agency x (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Smallville, nuff said.

#32 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what would be funny if he loses to Weeper weapon since he is unable to cry. This made him have to have a total make over because of this.

#33 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

none.

#34 Posted by laughingbats (4 posts) - - Show Bio

make him suck superman ass until he bites his ass of lol

#35 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6448 posts) - - Show Bio

He could be vaporized Dr Manhattan style, leaving nothing left to heal or resurrect.

#36 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't really have any.

Well, he isn't that smart. And there are a few incarnations where even that doesn't apply.

#38 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever way to hurt doomsday which lethal make sure you finish the job before he has chance to adapt. There is chance that one of his adapted forms would make him vulnerable to something else.there are other characters with those abilities.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.