doomsday in the new 52?

#1 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

is superdoom the new version of doomsday?

#2 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Superdoom?

#3 Posted by Dernman (16054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skunkstein said:

Who is Superdoom?

A Superman from an alternate reality. From Action Comics 9 I think. He was a corporate creation to be all things but he went bad.
#4 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Action Comics 9? From the new 52?

#5 Posted by Dernman (16054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Skunkstein: Yes the one with President Superman.
#6 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:Ah, now im following, in that case.. no i dont think Superdoom will become the new Doomsday.

#7 Posted by Vortex14 (710 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by Chudster (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think superdoom is going to be the new doomsday, I believe he is already established. In The New 52 Supergirl where she fights the four "world killers" the leader explains that they are "Kryptonian Engineered" and she then explains that there was a fifth "world killer" (in the comic there's a typo and she says Word Killer) but his pod was opened before they were woken up. i believe that this is doomsday, since then theres has been no further mention of this fifth "World Killer"

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

could this be the 5th Killer of Worlds?

#10 Edited by JSH92 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was interesting when in Superman #0 Jor-El says, "What are you telling me--this Eradicator is the founder of some Doomsday cult?" Now, it's likely that there's no connection here between the type of doomsday he's talking about (destruction of Krytpon) and Doomsday the character, but I thought it was interesting how the word was made bold. Although, maybe there is some sort of parallel...doomsday (destruction) of Krypton and Doomsday (destruction) of Superman. Maybe this is a foreshadowing, I dunno...

#11 Posted by SmashBrawler (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF said:

could this be the 5th Killer of Worlds?

I really doubt so, considering the fact that Superdoom comes from an parallel earth.

#12 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Who is Superdoom?

#13 Posted by SmashBrawler (5979 posts) - - Show Bio

@DEGRAAF: An evil Superman from a parallel earth and the guy in the cover above. He showed up in Action Comics 9.

#14 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chudster said:

I don't think superdoom is going to be the new doomsday, I believe he is already established. In The New 52 Supergirl where she fights the four "world killers" the leader explains that they are "Kryptonian Engineered" and she then explains that there was a fifth "world killer" (in the comic there's a typo and she says Word Killer) but his pod was opened before they were woken up. i believe that this is doomsday, since then theres has been no further mention of this fifth "World Killer"

I always thought Kara was the fifth World Killer.

#15 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler: Thanks. Wow im behind. I saw this cover in an interview with them calling him Super Doomsday

#16 Posted by UltramanPrime (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Vosotros

#17 Posted by asdoane73 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the New 52 Doomsday should be a cross between the old Doomsday, the Doomsday of All-Star Superman, and The Hulk, with someone (Luthor, ARGUS, the society, etc.) having created the Doomsday serum, which is then used on Jimmy Olsen. He has no control of his mind as Doomsday, goes on to fight Superman. Thoughts?

#18 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read Grant Morrison's action comics several times, and since I have no idea what was going on in a single panel of it, I'm just going to say no. Personally, I don't like Doomsday, though. He isn't a character, he's a plot device, and getting him actual development will almost be an impossible task

#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

@almighty_darkseid: @chudster: @thanosismad:

I think that the New 52 Doomsday should be a cross between the old Doomsday, the Doomsday of All-Star Superman, and The Hulk, with someone (Luthor, ARGUS, the society, etc.) having created the Doomsday serum, which is then used on Jimmy Olsen. He has no control of his mind as Doomsday, goes on to fight Superman. Thoughts?

All-Star Superman had a doomsday?

I dont hate the idea except for making it Jimmy Olsen. Actually i like the original origin of Doomsday

Vosotros

Yeah this is crap They should have never allowed for him to look like that. Thats just going to confuse people even more.

Here is what the REAL Doomsday will look like in the NEW 52

#20 Edited by Bruxae (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf:

Intresting, where did you get the Doomsday picture? He looks cool, just missing the sharp "knuckle-claws" on his hands.

#21 Edited by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: lol i didnt even notice that until you pointed it out. It looks like he could still have the bone claw knuckles sort of if you look at his right hand.

I got it here... http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/06/05/doomsday-dc-comics-villains-month-greg-pak-interview-batman-superman/

He will be the villain for the Superman Batman comic. I like the lines of spikes going up his arms. I kinda question the spiral horns on the side of his head (seems like a nod to Magog). Im also glad they got rid of all the protrusions on his back so much. He was starting to look like a hedgehog

#22 Posted by Bruxae (14138 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf:

Ah yes, im not a huge fan of the massive amounts off spikes I just like the ones on the hands and knees alot, when he hits with them it just gives that extra feeling of "Ouch" that you dont get from regular punches. Like this:

I was thinking about skipping Batman/Superman since I dont care for the combo so much (love them individually though) but if Doomsday is gonna be in I guess I have to pick them up now. :) The horns is a bit to much yes, I also dont really want his eyes to glow, makes him look to cheesy.

#23 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, Doomsdays back. Forget SuperDoom or whatever, the real villain is in the house!

#24 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday's back? HALLELUJAH!

Anyways, I'd prefer Doomsday's appearence to look a lot like this:

#25 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Really? You like the video game version (DCUO I Believe) of Doomsday? I like the Injustice Version much better

#26 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6361 posts) - - Show Bio

@degraaf said:

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Really? You like the video game version (DCUO I Believe) of Doomsday? I like the Injustice Version much better

That version is really good, but I like DCUO's more. Had more of a monsturous look to it. And I LOVE the horns and arm-blades. :)

#27 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the metal version in the recent Superman series (prior to the New 52)

#28 Posted by anone25 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if anyone has seen this but Brett Booth posted a image for Doomsday in the New 52 on his blog. Might not be the final design, but he's confirmed that he's working on the book featuring the character

#29 Posted by mk111 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

OH SNAP, Doomsday is coming back to pawn and make Superman fans whine, "Wah, Doomsday is too powerful and hacked!!!"

#31 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

So can anyone enlighten me on the origin of this new Doomsday and what he is like?

#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7939 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

BUMP

BUMP

#33 Posted by dum529001 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

Beastin'!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.