Follow

Donna Troy

Character » Donna Troy appears in 2246 issues.

First appearing as a Wonder Woman doppelganger, Donna Troy has become one of the most beloved characters in the DC universe. Following the New 52 reboot, she is re-imagined as the perfect Amazonian weapon born of clay to battle Wonder Woman for the throne of Themiscyra.

would Donna Troy work with Pre 52 Wonder Womans' Origin?

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By comkid100
    No Caption Provided

with wonder woman issue 0 out and the changing of her origin to include a father & an uncle who trains her, it does seem that Wonder woman has changed from the (debatable) feminist icon that she was. A big part of her character was that Steve Trevor was the first man & fought to be an ambassador for Themyscira .My idea is that with Donna Tory not yet appearing in the new 52 & her origin being very convoluted that switching it with Dianas would not only give her a definitive origin and make it easier for new readers to understand her better but also appease long time / hardcore wonder woman fans in showing that they haven't forgotten the iconic amazons roots entirely.

No Caption Provided

What do you think? Have you got your own ideas for Donnas origin? Please let me know.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

I think WW's origin would work better if they made Donna an Earth-2 character because E2 is more magic-and-gods oriented thus far. So yeah.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By jointron33

Which origin? Did Donna even have an origin? Did they ever throw darts to choose which one they were going with? You could say she was hatched from a giant space chicken from the planet Blug-huh! and it would be accurate!

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By comkid100

@jointron33: Her origin story has been changed numerous times and has become overly complicated for any new fan to understand properly. But with wonder woman's' it would simplify it.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're saying she'd be Hippolyta's Daughter, created by the Godesses to bring peace? (Very, very simplified I know, but that's how I remember WW's base origin before all this)

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By SolthesunGod

Personally I liked the Titan Seeds one. I'd like them to just go back to that.

comkid100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By comkid100

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Maybe not that simplified. She would be Diana's sister (and Hippolyta's daughter). Though she may not be created by the goddess of peace, it could be any female god.

@SolthesunGod: Which version was that?

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolthesunGod

@comkid100 said:

@Nathaniel_Christopher: Maybe not that simplified. She would be Diana's sister (and Hippolyta's daughter). Though she may not be created by the goddess of peace, it could be any female god.

@SolthesunGod: Which version was that?

It was the one were she was a child rescued by Rhea and raised by the titans who gave her powers.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wtk1013

Donna Troy is suppose to return in the new 52 but when is not confirmed......im hoping shes not in Earth2.....to me Donna should be the daughter of Hippolyta and younger sister to WW

justice teen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By justice teen

I think it would be cool if she was never affected by Pandora powers, and remembers everything about the original dc universe. Of course they should give her a definite and 100% understandable origin. Me personally I like the one where she is multiple Donna Troys from different universe.

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By queenfrost_

Her original origin has something to do with Diana praying to her Gods asking for a sister and thus giving her Donna.

I hope she's the Wonder Woman of Earth-2.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

The new Earth 2 Amazon is called Fury which is the name of several other characters so I doubt Donna will be in Earth 2. I'd love it if that were the case though.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GREGalicious

I love Donna and I dont think her story is that hard to follow if you keep up. She's just a compilation of every Donna Troy from every earth. She should be as she has always been in the new 52 world. She should remember everything and it would be really ironic if, out of everyone who's been rebooted by new 52, she remained completely unaffected.

PS: She's my fav DC character so I hope they dont Douche her up like they have with SO many others...

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By herrweis

I made a post about this very idea before.I think its a grand idea

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By COBRAMORPH

I just never understood why her & the Hawks were so hard to figure out & confusing.

Donna Troy was rescued by WW from a fire that killed her (adopted) parents. She then gets powers on the island by the Purple Ray. Whats so hard about that?

Or have the Titans of Myth rescue Donna, they take her to their home, & give her powers. Donna & the other kids could be the ToM plans to retake Greece from Zeus, & free the male titans.

But yeah, her remembering all Donna Troy's lives from the pre-crisis is interesting in this new52.

However, in regards to the REAL Donna Troy from the PRE-flashpoint, lie how Dick becomes Nightwing, Donna should have become Fury.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

could work if you ask me or make her the child of a titan i.e Chronos so she still has a family connection to diana and cassie in the new 52.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.