What should Donna Troy's New Origin be in the New 52!

#1 Posted by Peerless1 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

She has obviously been missing. She is missed. What should the new introduction of her to the DC universe look like this time?

#2 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her origin of being diana magical twin. I just hope this time they wont fuck her up like they always do. maybe this time they can actually make her the awesome character she suppose to be instead of the under rated character they always make her.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12965 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Didio said she wasn't going to be in the new52?

#4 Posted by wonderW (134 posts) - - Show Bio

a tiatns of myth warrior sent down to be trained by the amazons and then becomes troia

#5 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (428 posts) - - Show Bio

This might be kinda out there (and by suggesting this I am not saying I like it) but i was wondering if maybe Donna might have some ties to Pandora. When you think about it there are some similarities. Both Greek based for starters. Pandora is some form of immortal and Donna has had many past lives. Also wasn't Donna the guardian of the multiverse at some point? And Pandora was responsible for pulling all the Universes together and rewriting reality after flashpoint...

Just saying, there are points that seem to overlap.

#6 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: That would be awesome, but DC wouldnt go for anything that amazing.

#7 Posted by The_Eurythmic_King_of_Nowhere (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Beast_in_the_Shadows: That's the best idea I've heard for the New 52 so far. I'm up for anything. I never really got too much into Donna's origin. She was Troia when I found out about her and her history was already cluttered. I just wanna see her back in the DCU.

#8 Posted by Beast_in_the_Shadows (428 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Eurythmic_King_of_Nowhere: Well don't get your hopes up. I'm pretty sure that Pandora is an original character, I was just pointing out that the similarities are there and that since DC hasn't yet stated completely what Pandora's destiny is, that if they decided to they could shift gears and go my route without taking apart everything they've already done. Frankly I'd be just as fine if the entire new 52 was shrunk into on book (like they did with Earth2) while all the other title spaces goes back to the pre-reboot DC. Maybe not every title returns, but at least the old continuity...

#9 Posted by hyperman (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the idea of Donna as an orphan rescued, raised and blessed by the Titans of Myth, just like in her post 1985 Crisis origin.

#10 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DT should be a greek girl that WW rescues from a building fire whose family is all killed, so WW somehow learns she is a desendant of some of the amazons who left the island before they became immortal, & takes her to the island & somehow she becomes Wonder Girl. Maybe the fire was caused because of the Titans of Myth origin, but I've never under stood why her & Hawkman were so difficult to figure out, while Alan Scott seemed to never be a problem.

#11 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

she has had way too many origins stories. i dont even know on what pre52 origin dc decided upon or they just abandoned on her origin. whatever they choose please stick with it and do actual stories with her.

#12 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

With Diana's new origin (Zeus being her father) I think they could easily bring Donna back as a demi-god as well. I would like to see it something like this

Diana - Daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta - we know her story

Donna - Daughter of Ares and Aphrodite - While being daughter of true gods she was made mortal by Hephaestus (being jealous of his wife's affair) at a young age (although she retained all those memories seeing as she was a god). She is Beautiful beyond belief, looking much like her mother and had the nature of her mother as well (quiet and often scared). When she was made mortal she could no longer stay in Olympus so Ares moved her to an Amazonian tribe (an off shoot of Diana's tribe that worshiped all three major goddesses, Hera, Hestia, and Demeter) She was brought up in the peaceful tribe learning about the land, having true and warm heart. Her father would come down from time to time and train her in the ways of war and fighting, as a way for her to defend her family.

Artemis - Daughter of Poseidon and Cleopatra - She was born and then quickly taken from her mother by Poseidon. Cleopatra, (secretly from the Egyptian Amazonian Tribe) thinking her daughter died at birth (thanks to Poseidon tricking her) kills herself. Born of the name Shim-Tar, she is returned to the Egyptian Amazonian tribe and brought up as their own (praising the God Artemis, rather than Hera as Diana's Amazon's do). She has her fathers temper and feels she is superior to everyone else. When she comes of age to become a warrior her father returns giving her the god Artemis's bow as a gift and show of his love to her. She goes on to dip the arrows in the venom of the asp (as a tribute to her dead mother) similar to the god Artemis dipping her arrows in poison.

#13 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I would love to see her connected to looking after the multiverse, like a Guardian maybe with Harbinger and Pariah making a trinity, but then she gets frustrated about not being able to interfere and falls from grace and is reborn as an Amazon and then go from there.

#14 Edited by Denam_Pavel (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any reason to have it be more complicated then a young Amazon who decided to follow Diana's example and leave Paradise Island to see the world.

What you could do it make her the daughter of the Titan Rhea and a mortal man, but the dude died and Rhea decided to bring her to the Amazons to be raised by people that understood her powers. But Azzarello is assembling an army of characters that are sons of gods so the idea lost it's novelty for me.

#15 Posted by Primebonnick (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

wouldn't mind if she was the daughter of chronus so her connection to the titans are still there. I do hope they bring her back so underrated

#16 Posted by justice teen (450 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she should have a connection to the multiverse, perhaps be the key to it.

#17 Edited by Thor_Ul (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Something special must be done with her, to make her different of the other amazons and make her connection to Wonder woman stronger.

How about reversing his original origin: instead of a child of patriarchal world growing in Paradise Island, how about some child of Paradise Island growing in patriarchal world? (That sound almost like a female Percy Jackson). Anyway, Donna was always more adapted to man's world than Diana.

Or maybe she could be the daughter of one of the amazon boys who work for Hephaestus.

#18 Posted by slcttr (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave Troy exactly as she was, and working to correct the "Flashpoint" event...

#19 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@peerless1 v.v give her diana's formed from clay origin ...since you know ... it was a lie in the new52 ... can we start a poll or something for her? BRING BACK DONNA TROY AND NUBIA

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.