Follow

Donna Troy

Character » Donna Troy appears in 2246 issues.

First appearing as a Wonder Woman doppelganger, Donna Troy has become one of the most beloved characters in the DC universe. Following the New 52 reboot, she is re-imagined as the perfect Amazonian weapon born of clay to battle Wonder Woman for the throne of Themiscyra.

Her Lasso New 52

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, If Donna comes back (and hopefully she will) with her amazonian heritage what special powers do you think her lasso should have? Or should it remain as the lasso of persuasion?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I don't think it's a matter of if she comes back but when and in what manner (likely in SM/WW) and to what extent fandom freaks out about it.

To be honest, of all of the questions I have about Donna Troy in the new 52, the powers of her lasso never crossed my mind. It really depends on her origin and what her connection to Wonder Woman is. Since pre-Flashpoint she was the twin-sister of Diana, her lasso was an extension of that and the power of persuasion goes hand-in-hand with truth. So if she's still related to Diana then I think the lasso of persuasion could stay. Though if they're going to go with the Lasso of Persuasion, it would be best if it were colored silver instead of blue because you know "silver tongue" = silver lasso.

In terms of what other powers I would want it to have, I honestly have no idea but having weapon that involves getting people to do what you want them to do is pretty powerful stuff.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: When is multiversity coming out? like the date? If they make her Diana's sister again do you think she'll have some Zeus related ability? ( I think Diana has lightning) Donna might be Aerokinetic or something.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: The one with Donna will come out October 15th. I'm not sure she's going to come back as Diana's sister, DC's pattern regarding reintroducing characters to the ongoing new 52 is that they are significantly different than their pre-Flashpoint counterparts (there's a joke out there that she'll come back as Donald Troy). It would cool to see Donna have her powers come from a particular god or goddess of mythology, I would want it to be different from Diana's though, maybe the animal control of Artemis or the heat generation of Apollo. Zeus fathered many of the Gods so even if she is Diana's sister she can still have abilities related to some of the other Gods.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe: The one with Donna will come out October 15th. I'm not sure she's going to come back as Diana's sister, DC's pattern regarding reintroducing characters to the ongoing new 52 is that they are significantly different than their pre-Flashpoint counterparts (there's a joke out there that she'll come back as Donald Troy). It would cool to see Donna have her powers come from a particular god or goddess of mythology, I would want it to be different from Diana's though, maybe the animal control of Artemis or the heat generation of Apollo. Zeus fathered many of the Gods so even if she is Diana's sister she can still have abilities related to some of the other Gods.

yay! I can relax now that i know the date. Hopefully, her main earth self will return shortly after. I think she had thermokinesis at one point in her life. I like the fact that she had many different powers. She'd probably be another niece like Cassie or something. LOL on Donald Troy. How would you feel if she came back as a guy??

No Caption Provided

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: If she ends up coming back as a guy (maybe Wonderstar = Donald 0.0), I will go to DC Headquarters and I will express my admiration in front Dan Didio. Not because I think it's a brilliant decision, but because it takes a lot of balls to change the sex of Donna Troy, especially after what they did with Wally West.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: lmfao! speaking of wonderstar is the book he appears in out yet?? And what did they do to wally?

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: I think it was in the December solicits. When they reintroduced Wally, they changed his race so that he was biracial, half-black, half-white, which IMO isn't really a negative, in fact I kinda embrace it. But they deaged him to where he's 12, you read correctly, he's 12. Then they decided to make him a law-breaking, disrespectful punk (like in those movies where the white teacher goes into an inner city school for the first time and every kid in that classroom is an jerk, Wally would fit right in there) and his mother Iris West openly says to Barry Allen she can't take care of him because Wally needs a man to take care of him. It's a complete debacle of a reintroduction.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: so in short...they slapped long time wally fans in the face with him being a jerk...

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: Not just Wally fans but also anyone likes Iris West because how they wrote her is an slap in the face all of the single mothers out there

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: Youch...well as long as they don't screw up Donna or put her in rhato (since most people don't like it) I think we shouldn't have to much to worry about. However when she come's back i want Roccafort t obe the artist..

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo@outside_85 are you guys picking up multiversity tomorrow to see what's up with her?

Pre-ordered it on my tablet a long time ago, depending on when I'm allowed to download it, I might be able to read it tonight.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: The comic was great, I liked the whole vibe of the story and it was refreshing to see characters that have been mostly ignored or not even make it to the new 52 get their time to shine. However, if you're expecting Donna Troy to have a major presence in the book, you're going to be disappointed BECAUSE SHE'S NOT IN IT!!!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@youknowwhattodo:

..............................................................................................You mean to tell me that I waited for MONTHS for nothing?

...............This means war...............
    ...............This means war...............
    This is me looking at Grant Morrison...........
    This is me looking at Grant Morrison...........

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: He totally rubs it in too because there is actually someone who adopts the Wonder Woman mantle....and when I first saw her I was like "Cool Donna's the Wonder Woman of Multiversity" just like Kyle Rayner is the GL, Wally West is the Flash, Garth is Aquaman....but then it turned out to be someone else. Artemis

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: He totally rubs it in too because there is actually someone who adopts the Wonder Woman mantle....and when I first saw her I was like "Cool Donna's the Wonder Woman of Multiversity" just like Kyle Rayner is the GL, Wally West is the Flash, Garth is Tempest....but then it turned out to be someone else. Artemis

...........................You have got to be kidding me. I love Artemis but OH MY GOD!...............I think I want nothing to do with Morrison now.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: To be fair to Grant Morrison, I don't think this is his fault. This situation reeks entirely of DC Editorial Interference by Dan DiDio and Jim Lee because I actually do believe that Grant Morrison wanted to put Donna in the Multiversity: The Just because she fits in much better in regards to being a legacy character (which was one of the themes of the story) than Artemis and he is a smart enough writer to understand that. My guess is that DiDio/Lee wanted to hold off on putting Donna out there and we could see her later on in Multiversity or we might not see her until she actually debuts in mainstream continuity, and that's a shame.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: I'm taking this as a personal attack against my sanity.................this is too much! If she's not in multiversity bring her back in December or something!

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeepeh
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeepeh: for now...................the worst thing they could do to me is screw up Maxima.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By youknowwhattodo

@malachi_munroe: Sorry it took so long for the reply, I never saw it on my notifications.

Well, Convergence looks like a fan service event that can make DC a lot of money while they move from NYC to Burbank because everything is from the pre-new 52. In terms of Donna Troy, it means that we will get to see her and most of the Titans together for the last time unless DC were to pull a page from Marvel's book and that is to create their own "Ultimate Universe", I know Earth-2 exists but it's scope is very limited. It is still good to see her though I would have preferred to see her in Multiversity where she was originally planned to debut.

However, the solicits for Wonder Woman #39 sound interesting

Wonder Woman returns to Paradise Island, and she’s in for a surprise: The Amazons have chosen a new queen to lead them! The identity of this new queen will send shock waves through the entire DC Universe! Guest-starring the Justice League and featuring the introduction of Diana’s craziest new cast member in, well, ever!

While I would call Donna many things, crazy not one of them, it can be fun and/or heartbreaking to see if the new queen is indeed Donna Troy as it would definitely send shock waves through the entire DC Universe.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@youknowwhattodo: I hope it is Donna! And lol. The site has been glitchy.......I've been getting notifications from replies that were days ago.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm waiting for Donna Troy too. Waiting for the Classic Titans issue to come out as well.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By youknowwhattodo
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youknowwhattodo: OHHHH SHIDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!! *TEARS OF JOY* TAKE THAT MULTIVERSITY!!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: and 4 months in they've managed to completely destroy Donna Troy's legacy. I hate what the Finchs had done to her.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: I was too excited and it really hurt me.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Back to the original question of a Lasso for Donna ... To be honest I've never loved the idea of the other lassos existing ... Diana's Lasso should be unique. I would love to see Donna get her own unique Amazonian weapon though. Even this POS version would be enhanced if they gave her some kind of awesome quirky weapon like an Urumi which requires a special set of skills to use.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: she doesn't seem like a PO character. I like what they have done with her. As for the weapon I like the idea of a urumi for her. It is usually shown in a villains hands so it would make sense. I would actually like to see her with a double sided axe, a spear, and a crescent shield

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: I hate what the Finchs have done to Donna ... I sincerely hope this version is killed off in Convergience and replaced by a different one from the old universe. I've been a supporter of most things N52, but this is too far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.