Follow

Donna Troy

Character » Donna Troy appears in 2246 issues.

First appearing as a Wonder Woman doppelganger, Donna Troy has become one of the most beloved characters in the DC universe. Following the New 52 reboot, she is re-imagined as the perfect Amazonian weapon born of clay to battle Wonder Woman for the throne of Themiscyra.

Can you find Donna's legs?

• 53 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

...And if you find them, can you tell me what the hell happened to them?

Other than this little fudge up, I'm still stoked for the next issue of Justice League of America #57. The Eclipso stuff is kind of amazing...

No Caption Provided
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Caligula

looks fine to me. other than the shoe growing out of her crotch.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

They are becoming one with the universe.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

wait...am I missing something...I can see her legs fine...is this an inside joke?  I hate inside jokes

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Caligula
    @danhimself said:
    " wait...am I missing something...I can see her legs fine...is this an inside joke?  I hate inside jokes "
    The legs look fine to me too.

the only awkward part is the vagina shoe.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By No_Name_
    @danhimself said:
    " wait...am I missing something...I can see her legs fine...is this an inside joke?  I hate inside jokes "
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Donna's proportions?

I want all of you to stand up in front of the nearest mirror and try to strike that same pose. And please take pics and post in this blog.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By danhimself
    @Babs said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Donna's proportions? I want all of you to stand up in front of the nearest mirror and try to strike that same pose. And please take pics and post in this blog. "
    I would need someone else to hold the camera and that just seems awkward to me...but I think it's the perspective and the position that she's in
    ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By ragdollpurps

The foreshortening is a little off but her anatomy isn't extremely distorted.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Caligula
    @Babs said:
    " @danhimself said:
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with Donna's proportions? I want all of you to stand up in front of the nearest mirror and try to strike that same pose. And please take pics and post in this blog. "
    if you look the artist is portraying the characters at a slanted angle. the foot placement is the only thing I can see wrong.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_Name_

Now that I look at it, even her arm (punching) looks off

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caligula

Don't see anything wrong with the arm either.

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Wattup

Her thigh looks crazy huge! Legs aren't supposed to bend that way...but then again, aren't they in space? 8 )

It's almost Liefeld-esque with how her limb is distorted.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself

I still don't see it Babs

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mutant God

I think she just lifted her knee
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_Name_
    @Wattup said:
    " Her thigh looks crazy huge! Legs aren't supposed to bend that way...but then again, aren't they in space? 8 )It's almost Liefeld-esque with how her limb is distorted. "
    Glad I am not the only other one that sees it.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By danhimself

I'm still trying to figure out a way to ask someone to take a picture of me like that....I've got the star covered leotard and white knee high boots covered but I just don't think it would be appropriate for me to post pictures of me in them on the site....I'm pretty sure it's number 15 in the rules thread

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Brett Booth is having Liefeld flashbacks.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Eclipse-
    @danhimself said:
    "I'm still trying to figure out a way to ask someone to take a picture of me like that....I've got the star covered leotard and white knee high boots covered but I just don't think it would be appropriate for me to post pictures of me in them on the site....I'm pretty sure it's number 15 in the rules thread "

LMAO!

Oh, and I think the punching arm is the worst bit. Looks WAY too long, especially since she's punching away from the viewer.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Jotham

I think that's supposed to be a calf and thigh together, but it was misdrawn.

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By ComicCrazy

There is really something in the back of my head telling me there is something wrong but then my eyes tell me it looks fine IDK it does look strange can't really put my finger on it.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Caligula
    @Wattup said:
    " Her thigh looks crazy huge! Legs aren't supposed to bend that way...but then again, aren't they in space? 8 )It's almost Liefeld-esque with how her limb is distorted. "
    her thighs aren't any bigger than Jades. and the bend is fine.

I don't know what you are seeing.
    Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wattup

I'm tempted to see if I can replicate her pose and post the pic here. 8 )

Avatar image for superboyrocks13
    superboyrocks13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By superboyrocks13
    @Babs:
    her leg looks really werid and her arm is like twice the size of  her other arm
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By jrock85
    @Babs:
    Maybe is just the black costume.
    weaponmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponmaster

@Babs:

You're right. Proportionately her left leg is all wrong and the curve in the outer thigh of her right leg throws things off as well. There should be a uniform spreading of the right thigh on both the inner and the outer aspect. Her Left leg should be angled more to the left also.Her lower half look awkward and not aesthetically sound at all. I see what you mean about her punching arm. It looks like the Humerus bone is too long and isn't following the angle of the foreshortened forearm making her arm look much too hyperextended at the elbow and her tricep is too small.

Edit: Her torso is twisted unnaturally as well and seems too small in circumference just below the shoulderblade area giving her a kind of deformed look.

You have a great eye for proportions Babs.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @Babs said:
    " @danhimself said:
     Damn, X-23 has a long torso
     Damn, X-23 has a long torso
    Nope, that's a mistake in my eyes, as well; but not an image shattering one. the leg doesn't want to bend that way. He should of just shown a bit of the lower leg. As this it, it looks as if her foot is growing out of her ass.

You ever see that picture of X-23 and Daken fighting in the X-Men: Exodus book? That that was a messed up picture. Her torso is impossible long.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Only thing that looks odd to me is the bend of that leg which is unnatural, even for an Amazon in my opinion

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MethodMan008
    @Jotham said:
    " I think that's supposed to be a calf and thigh together, but it was misdrawn. "
    Yeah I agree with this..  I can definitely see what the artist meant to do.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Caligula: 
    Indeed, I grew up with Liefeld (and his legion of imitators) this is no where near a bad drawing. Her costumes design could throw people off though, but I'm used to looking at it. 
    Avatar image for sofacitysweetheart
    sofacitysweetheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had to guess, I'd say the artist maybe got distracted while drawing :P

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Trodorne

I see her butt crack leading into her theigh, and then into the length of the knee then comes back again.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Caligula
    @MJohnson said:
    " Oh comics, the things you let us artists get away with (sometimes!).  I see it. If you do not, that's ok. But if you are an artist, you see it...if you understand how anatomy works for an artist, you may also see it...if you are not an artist and do not understand how anatomy works for an artist, then that's ok too! It's still telling us as a viewer that Donna is punching Jade...in Space. "
    I am an artist and I still don't see it. I'm a pretty consistent participant in the Artist Show-Off's.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Caligula
    @aztek the lost said:
    " I'm just going to pretend I see it to fit in with the rest of you. "
    conformist :P
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#35  Edited By SC  Moderator

I literally draw thighs for about 5 hours each night. Honest, I have a gallery full of thigh drawings in my gallery folder. I have for the last 30 years worth of nights, I am actually going in assert that this artist has great skills with proportions, what is probably throwing most of you off, in my guesstimation, is the perspective and angle those two are moving from and towards. They aren't positioned vertically, otherwise despite thighs being thicker than the lower parts of legs anyway, so even if we have a person with one leg tucked and the other outstretched, from a top down perspective we would only see a slight overlap of calf, but here the bottom of her leg is simply tensed towards her center of gravity, as it probably should be when flying that fast and at that angle. So proportions make sense relatively. Legs are good, Angle the monitor or create a 3-D landscape of it mentally then do some rotating. 

If I was to put my Simon Cowell hate, sorry hat on, lol, I would say that the thing that is most of, is her hand to mouth ratio. Her right hand, the clenched one, way to small. Especially when you look at it compared to her mouth. If her other hand was the same size, she could probably fit both in her mouth and have the best bar trick of all time, and never, ever have to pay for a round in any pub Marvel or DC. I wouldn't really notice it though and its not like I can do better or have seen artists who haven't got proportions off a lil now and then. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#36  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Caligula said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    conformist :P "

I think the correct word you are looking for is contortionist. aztek is going to try and fold his body in unnatural ways to fit in with all the other people in this thread, with odd and strange leg and arm proportions and obsessions. Well except you and me, since we recognize normal human proportions as per our understanding of the artist here, we will sit on the sideline and watch his attempt to... I am not sure exactly. I am sure its going to be some thing impressive though if the rumors about aztek's limber and supple flexibility are to believed. (lol)
    Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Aiden Cross

i don't see anything wrong.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Caligula
    @SC said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @aztek the lost said:
    conformist :P "

I think the correct word you are looking for is contortionist. aztek is going to try and fold his body in unnatural ways to fit in with all the other people in this thread, with odd and strange leg and arm proportions and obsessions. Well except you and me, since we recognize normal human proportions as per our understanding of the artist here, we will sit on the sideline and watch his attempt to... I am not sure exactly. I am sure its going to be some thing impressive though if the rumors about aztek's limber and supple flexibility are to believed. (lol)
    "
    Azzy is quite the ballerina if I may say so :D
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Caligula
    @SC said:
    " I literally draw thighs for about 5 hours each night. Honest, I have a gallery full of thigh drawings in my gallery folder. I have for the last 30 years worth of nights, I am actually going in assert that this artist has great skills with proportions, what is probably throwing most of you off, in my guesstimation, is the perspective and angle those two are moving from and towards. They aren't positioned vertically, otherwise despite thighs being thicker than the lower parts of legs anyway, so even if we have a person with one leg tucked and the other outstretched, from a top down perspective we would only see a slight overlap of calf, but here the bottom of her leg is simply tensed towards her center of gravity, as it probably should be when flying that fast and at that angle. So proportions make sense relatively. Legs are good, Angle the monitor or create a 3-D landscape of it mentally then do some rotating. 

If I was to put my Simon Cowell hate, sorry hat on, lol, I would say that the thing that is most of, is her hand to mouth ratio. Her right hand, the clenched one, way to small. Especially when you look at it compared to her mouth. If her other hand was the same size, she could probably fit both in her mouth and have the best bar trick of all time, and never, ever have to pay for a round in any pub Marvel or DC. I wouldn't really notice it though and its not like I can do better or have seen artists who haven't got proportions off a lil now and then. 
    "
    exactly any artistic individual will recognize that this image is correct, because of the angle it is from

@Aiden Cross said:
    " i don't see anything wrong. "

Most people don't. The people who do seem to not notice that the picture is at an angled perspective.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I'm not going to front.If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have seen any flaws in this page.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Aiden Cross
    @Caligula: Besides, there's art out there that looks much worse, so i don't see why this picture was selected... plus,i still don't see anything wrong with it.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Caligula

No Caption Provided

I think this might help. seeing on a more reasonable size may show better the angle the people are missing when it's so big you can't see the whole image without scrolling.

Now just click on it, you will notice the angle better and that there is nothing overtly wrong with the proportions.
    entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By entropy_aegis

Picked up the JLA book for the first time in a while and found Eclipso to be dull,gimme Henshaw/Doomsday any day.
    yeopop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By yeopop

There's nothing wrong.
    dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dondasch

The right leg is an utter disaster.  Why is her knee coming out at a point ?  Really hard to distinguish where her thighs end and waist begins.  I'd ask if Liefeld drew this, but I can clearly see hands and feet.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Caligula said:
    " looks fine to me. other than the shoe growing out of her crotch. "
    That's normal.
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Babs: Did you notice the Slenderman down the bottom right hand corner o_O
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Looks like her and Jade are just having a pose off to me.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By azza04

Its probably how someones leg would look if they did as much training and exercise as an amazon does. In the real world all the amazon's would be quite butch instead of having the perfect figure. All that training is going to give them some muscles.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.