Follow

Donatello

Character » Donatello appears in 1167 issues.

Donatello is the scientist and engineer of the turtles. Most known for his Bo Staff, purple bandanna, and the nickname "Donnie" or "Donny" as called by his brothers and friends. He is responsible for all the turtles vehicles of transportation.

Donatello too Skinny in the Movie?

Guardian3712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Just been watching some of the trailers and shorts for the upcoming TMNT movie and couldn't help but notice that Donatello looks significantly skinner than the other turtles. What the heck is up with that? It's almost like they're saying, "Well he's really smart so he couldn't possibly be as muscular as the other turtles." What a load of crap. Master Splinter isn't letting anyone slack off with their training so why is Donny significantly less muscular than his brothers? I can understand that they didn't want to make all of them the same exact muscle structure, but while Leo, Mikey, and Raph have bulging muscles (to differing degrees but still big and defined), Donatello is noticeably lacking (not that he has no muscle but no where near the others). I just don't like when they fall into some lame stereotype that says if you're really smart, you can't be as strong or work your body as hard as another, look at Batman, a genius detective and he's in peak physical condition. That bother anyone else or just me?

cregerchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed that ! I actually only noticed it on the poster for 'Out Of The Shadows' this year, and he looks like a stickman compared to the rest. At first, it kinda surprised me just how lean he was. But after looking at the poster a few more times, I started to get used to the fact. It doesn't really bother me. To be honest, I actually think that Donny should be a tad less muscular, but not as lean as they made him look. Remember, physique is also a genetic thing, and the 'brothers' aren't really 'brothers' (if you know what I mean). They're more like step-brothers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.