Why is she White?

#1 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

why no tan?

#2 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

she's a mutant....mutants are sometimes born with physical mutations to add to their abilities...i.e. Mystique, Nightcrawler, Caliban, Maggot, etc.

#3 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

is that part of her mutation? 

#4 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

no i think it's a part of her mutation...but I'm not really an expert on her...i would gues her mutation is also the cause of that spot around here eye...

#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

she's half Dalmatian.

i like that answer more
#6 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao! ok then it's settled....lol

#7 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

mutants have the potential for having abnormal physical appearances and forms be it subtle (like gambit's eyes or mystique's skin)  or blatantly obvious (the morlocks).  IMO, another reason for making her skin white was in reference to her name.

#8 Posted by Marvel Knight (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought it was part of her mutation.

#9 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

uh yea it is thats what everyone been sayin

#10 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
Marvel Knight said:
"I always thought it was part of her mutation."
dITTO
#11 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

She hasn't been very white in the past few X-Forces

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"She hasn't been very white in the past few X-Forces"

Yes she has.
#13 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Mer-Man said:

Yes she has."
X-Force is a bit schizo on that matter. In the beginning Elixir wasn't depicted as being golden too. She's a bit pale but that's all. Just another interpretation of that character.
not white

not white

not white

white

#14 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"John Valentine said:
"Mer-Man said:

Yes she has."
X-Force is a bit schizo on that matter. In the beginning Elixir wasn't depicted as being golden too. She's a bit pale but that's all. Just another interpretation of that character.
not white

not white

not white

white

"
That's the lighting.
Laura, Wolverine, Warpath and Angel all have a darker skin tone.

Elixir on the other hand is different.
#15 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Risky said:
"John Valentine said:
"Mer-Man said:

Yes she has."
not white

not white

not white

white

"
That's the lighting.
Laura, Wolverine, Warpath and Angel all have a darker skin tone.

Elixir on the other hand is different."
Sounds reasonable.
#16 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

she does look cute with non whiteskin

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"she does look cute with non whiteskin "
Weirdo.
#18 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Domino didn't used to be a mutant.  Guess they changed that for some reason or another.

Domino is an albino.  The white spot is a birthmark.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Hmm, Domino didn't used to be a mutant.  Guess they changed that for some reason or another.

"
When was she not a mutant?
#20 Posted by danhimself (22454 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:
"Hmm, Domino didn't used to be a mutant.  Guess they changed that for some reason or another.

"
"
yeah she's always been a mutant
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:

"
"
"
I figured that but I didn't want to say it and then their be some hidden forgotten storyline where she was proven not to be a mutant.
#22 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:

"
"
before she was born... duh fool [=
#23 Posted by danhimself (22454 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"danhimself said:
"Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:

"
"
"
I figured that but I didn't want to say it and then their be some hidden forgotten storyline where she was proven not to be a mutant.
"
not that i remember and i just checked her bio and it says she's a mutant and everything i've ever read with her in it she was a mutant....so my guess is that she's a mutant
#24 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

For a very long time after her first appearance, Domino was never positively identified as being a mutant.

She was just Cable's long-time companion, starting with their time together in 6-pack.

#25 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:

"
"
"
LMFAO.Oh BTW..Domino isn't Albino but the spot is a birthmark.
#26 Posted by Erik (32096 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"For a very long time after her first appearance, Domino was never positively identified as being a mutant.

She was just Cable's long-time companion, starting with their time together in 6-pack.
"
That does not mean she was not a mutant in the past. 
#27 Edited by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"For a very long time after her first appearance, Domino was never positively identified as being a mutant.

"
I don't think anyone has to say you're a mutant for you to be one.Domino is in the 198 files and the very first Marvel handbook to have Domino in it says she's a mutant.
#28 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Force issues during Operation: Zero Tolerance showed some flashbacks to Domino when she was younger.  She had white skin, and no patch.  But she immediately dismissed half of the scenarios on the previous page by saying some of them (she didn't say which) weren't her.

That was when the rogue Prime Sentinel implanted Domino's neck & spine with something to negate her luck powers.  I don't know when that was removed (or retconned).

#29 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

She probably is a really Gothy chick who got punched in the eye from some one really strong and is still recovering from a bad bruise.

#30 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"She probably is a really Gothy chick who got punched in the eye from some one really strong and is still recovering from a bad bruise."
Hee hee... That wasn't very lucky!! ;)
#31 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

She was part of a top-secret government breeding program intended to develop the perfect weapon as a child. Perhaps the black mark is a brand similiar to bishops and it indicates she was a subject there. 

#32 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

A few months ago I read somewhere that she found she had a brother who also had a patch over his eye.  I think I read this on MarvelDatabase though, so I can't vouch for it's accuracy.

#33 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"A few months ago I read somewhere that she found she had a brother who also had a patch over his eye.  I think I read this on MarvelDatabase though, so I can't vouch for it's accuracy."

So it could be a brand and her brother could be another surviver of the program.
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"why no tan?"
if you see me in RL you'll notice that i happen to look just like "                   " <---- that
#35 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@kuchiku said:
" She probably is a really Gothy chick who got punched in the eye from some one really strong and is still recovering from a bad bruise. "
To have a bruise stay that long like that, you probably need to get hit by someone with, like, Hulk strength.
#36 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@123422 said:
" @kuchiku said:
" She probably is a really Gothy chick who got punched in the eye from some one really strong and is still recovering from a bad bruise. "
To have a bruise stay that long like that, you probably need to get hit by someone with, like, Hulk strength. "
It also wouldn't be very lucky... ;)
#37 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @123422 said:
" @kuchiku said:
To have a bruise stay that long like that, you probably need to get hit by someone with, like, Hulk strength. "
It also wouldn't be very lucky... ;) "
Yeah, that might be right.
#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (15540 posts) - - Show Bio

how about her lips? is it really naturaly black?

#39 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Every morning she wakes up Cable punches her in the eye. 

At least that's what this said. 

#40 Posted by soundjam (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

pixelized said:
"Vance Astro said:
"MrMiracle77 said:
"Hmm, Domino didn't used to be a mutant. Guess they changed that for some reason or another.

Domino is an albino. The white spot is a birthmark.
"
When was she not a mutant?"
"
LMFAO.Oh BTW..Domino isn't Albino but the spot is a birthmark.

I believe the spot is actually a tattoo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.