Domino Respect thread

• 53 results
#1 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect threads are popping on like mushroms so I thought it would be time to make one for one of the most awesome and original Marvel characters as well. Hey, she's a strong, self confident woman with her own personality and before Marvel created Longshot she truly had an unique power. So...

Respect to Domino!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to contribute and remember this is a resppect, NOT A HATE thread. If you don't like Domino it's okay but don't ruin this thread with starting sh1t.

#2 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Domino but I don't have much to say about her.I haven't seen much of her.

#3 Edited by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE the b!tch personally. And i hate that they made her a baddy in the Wolverine and the X-men show. Also i cant wait to see more of her in X-force.

#4 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"I LOVE the b!tch personally. And i hate that they made her a baddy in the Wolverine and the X-men show. Also i cant wait to see her in X-force."
She's not really a baddy in Wolverine & the X-men.
#5 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio
Sovereign Vance said:
"kuchiku said:
"I LOVE the b!tch personally. And i hate that they made her a baddy in the Wolverine and the X-men show. Also i cant wait to see her in X-force."
She's not really a baddy in Wolverine & the X-men.
"
Really? oh well i dont have the Cable channel nick toons yet so ive only been watching the episodes available on the Nicktoons website.
#6 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
Sovereign Vance said:
"I like Domino but I don't have much to say about her.I haven't seen much of her."
Then I recommend reading new X-Force. She's pretty cool in that one.

#7 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah she is, I like how she's started using her probability power's like scarlet witch does.

But I hate how thats the only power Domino has and they freaking have Scarlet Witch basically owning that power because she can use it the best and the fact that scarlet witch has other power's two other then probability munipulation is totally like saying a big F#ck you Domino because she cant use it as well as Scarlet can...its stupid.

Did anyone understand what I just said because I sure in hell didnt? LOL

Gist: its dumb that Scarlet Witch has that power and other powers to while Domino is just stuck with that one and cant even use it as good as Scarlet Witch can.

#8 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Sovereign Vance said:
"I like Domino but I don't have much to say about her.I haven't seen much of her."
I am reading X-Force but she hasn't been in the book that long.

kuchiku said:
"Yeah she is,
No she's not she just has a different agenda.She's on a different side than the X-men.She's not really "bad" or "evil".
#9 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"Yeah she is, I like how she's started using her probability power's like scarlet witch does.

But I hate how thats the only power Domino has and they freaking have Scarlet Witch basically owning that power because she can use it the best and the fact that scarlet witch has other power's two other then probability munipulation is totally like saying a big F#ck you Domino because she cant use it as well as Scarlet can...its stupid.

Gist: its dumb that Scarlet Witch has that power and other powers to while Domino is just stuck with that one and cant even use it as good as Scarlet Witch can."
Well, Domino's power is okay for me. She differs from the Scarlet witch's one in the fact that she doesn't use them consciously most of the time. Where Scarlet Witch makes impossible things happen (like gun barrels melting, changing oxygen to poison gas or depowering all mutants) Domino's power are far more subtle. She just increases the probability of events. Guns misfiring, an opponent stumbling, a roof breaking down, etc. Scarlet Witch needs her powers because honestly she sucks at hand to hand fighting and probably would shoot herself if she ever tried to use a gun but Domino is an expert markswoman and a skilled h2h fighter. She doesn't need the powers on this scale. This is why I love her so much. Even without godlike powers she has beaten opponents that are far more powerful than her. Big, mighty ppowers would ruin her character. She is badass enough on her own.

Basically the writers say "F*ck you Scarlet B1tch, you'll never be as awesome as Domino that is why you need those reality bending powers!" not the other way round.

(I apologize to all Wanda fans, this is not exactly my oppinion, I like her as well, just tried to make my point understood.)
#10 Posted by Sovereign Vance (735 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"Yeah she is, I like how she's started using her probability power's like scarlet witch does.

Gist: its dumb that Scarlet Witch has that power and other powers to while Domino is just stuck with that one and cant even use it as good as Scarlet Witch can."
Domino isn't about powers..she's about skill.
#11 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"kuchiku said:

Well, Domino's power is okay for me. She differs from the Scarlet witch's one in the fact that she doesn't use them consciously most of the time. Where Scarlet Witch makes impossible things happen (like gun barrels melting, changing oxygen to poison gas or depowering all mutants) Domino's power are far more subtle. She just increases the probability of events. Guns misfiring, an opponent stumbling, a roof breaking down, etc. Scarlet Witch needs her powers because honestly she sucks at hand to hand fighting and probably would shoot herself if she ever tried to use a gun but Domino is an expert markswoman and a skilled h2h fighter. She doesn't need the powers on this scale. This is why I love her so much. Even without godlike powers she has beaten opponents that are far more powerful than her. Big, mighty ppowers would ruin her character. She is badass enough on her own.

Basically the writers say "F*ck you Scarlet B1tch, you'll never be as awesome as Domino that is why you need those reality bending powers!" not the other way round.

(I apologize to all Wanda fans, this is not exactly my oppinion, I like her as well, just tried to make my point understood.)
"

Very true she does combine her probability powers very well with her combat and marskwoman skills.

LOL risky your so funny

#12 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"Risky said:
"kuchiku said:

"

Very true she does combine her probability powers very well with her combat and marskwoman skills.

LOL risky your so funny

"
Haha thanks. That is why I based my rpg character on her. ;)
#13 Posted by Meanstreak (415 posts) - - Show Bio

Much props to Domino. I grew to love her in the Original X-Force series, and i'm happy she's getting some love an in the new X-Force book. She's an awesome woman, with a lot of balls and a lot of guns. lol

#14 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio
Meanstreak said:
"Much props to Domino. I grew to love her in the Original X-Force series, and i'm happy she's getting some love an in the new X-Force book. She's an awesome woman, with a lot of balls and a lot of guns. lol"
Its nice to know women have Balls these days.
#15 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
kuchiku said:
"Its nice to know women have Balls these days.
"
o_O

okay...that just grosses me out...now I have no idea what gender I've been lusting after...eww
#16 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Good times, good times XD

#17 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

for no disrespect on what so ever to the great domino but it is just me or is dom showing signs of been depower.
i mean where the hell she went when m-day happen?

#18 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
bioghost said:
"for no disrespect on what so ever to the great domino but it is just me or is dom showing signs of been depower.
i mean where the hell she went when m-day happen?"
It isn't certified that this is the Domino that we know. It's not probable that she was depowered after M-Day since she used her powers in X-Men: Civil War quite often but someone on this board suggested that it might be a shapeshifter taking her form to fool X-Force like Copycat did back then.
#19 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"for no disrespect on what so ever to the great domino but it is just me or is dom showing signs of been depower.
It isn't certified that this is the Domino that we know. It's not probable that she was depowered after M-Day since she used her powers in X-Men: Civil War quite often but someone on this board suggested that it might be a shapeshifter taking her form to fool X-Force like Copycat did back then.
"

I doubt it, that sounds too recycled. I reckon she's infected with the legacy virus.
#20 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"

I doubt it, that sounds too recycled. I reckon she's infected with the legacy virus."
Too recycled? Since when does Marvel shy away from recycling ideas? lol Don't think it's the virus, her luck would probably prevent this and as far as I know the virus doesn't cancel out powers fully. If you ask me it's just bad writing.
#21 Posted by bioghost (1245 posts) - - Show Bio

if marrow can depower and still show her in her mutant appreance
so why not dom

I didn't know that dom was in civil war.

#22 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
bioghost said:
"if marrow can depower and still show her in her mutant appreance
so why not dom

I didn't know that dom was in civil war."
It isn't about the appeareance but about the powers that she displays.

She was not in the real Civil War but in the X-Men spinoff where she and Shatterstar liberated the 198 from their camp in the garden of the X-Mansion. In the course of this story arc she let several guns misfire, one jamming completely, and a lightning strike a sentinel. Should be enough proof that she is still powered in my eyes.
#23 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

I officially love domino :)

#24 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

as for me im getting a feel of her persona in the wolverine and the Xmen series i think shes cool

#25 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"as for me im getting a feel of her persona in the wolverine and the Xmen series i think shes cool"
Don't go by TV shows to judge a character.... You should try reading some x-force. It's a good read
#26 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"I officially love domino :)
"
Me too brother, come and join the church of Domino where Copycat is Satan for daring to impersonate her. ;)
#27 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Nahero said:
"as for me im getting a feel of her persona in the wolverine and the Xmen series i think shes cool"
Don't go by TV shows to judge a character.... You should try reading some x-force. It's a good read
"

alright fine
#28 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o Copycat impersonated her?
Oh Noes

Also..... she was in the 198 mini and used her powers in that against some Sentinels.....doubt she lost them

#29 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved her in the first colume of x-men, not so much now.

#30 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"O_o Copycat impersonated her?
Oh Noes

Also..... she was in the 198 mini and used her powers in that against some Sentinels.....doubt she lost them
"
In fact Copycat impersonated her before she first appeared. lol Domino was introduced in OLD X-Force and later it was shown that it had been Copycat all the timeand the real Dom was sitting somewhere captured before she could escape.

And yeah, that was cool. Say CHEESE sentinel! lightning flashes
#31 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Her skin coloring has been bothering me a bit in x-force though. She's been colored normal, white, and even yellow

#32 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"John Valentine said:
"Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"

I doubt it, that sounds too recycled. I reckon she's infected with the legacy virus."
Too recycled? Since when does Marvel shy away from recycling ideas? lol Don't think it's the virus, her luck would probably prevent this and as far as I know the virus doesn't cancel out powers fully. If you ask me it's just bad writing.
"

ok whats the legacy virus?
#33 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"John Valentine said:
"Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"

"

ok whats the legacy virus?"
A bit too much to explain it right here so I'll just post the link: http://www.comicvine.com/legacy-virus/12-42281/

Mer-Man said:
"Her skin coloring has been bothering me a bit in x-force though. She's been colored normal, white, and even yellow
"
Same for me. I still wait for this issue in Germany but from the pics I saw I thought the same. John Valentine suggested it was the
lightening.
#34 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"Nahero said:
"Risky said:
"John Valentine said:
"Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"

"

ok whats the legacy virus?"
A bit too much to explain it right here so I'll just post the link: http://www.comicvine.com/legacy-virus/12-42281/

Mer-Man said:
"Her skin coloring has been bothering me a bit in x-force though. She's been colored normal, white, and even yellow
"
Same for me. I still wait for this issue in Germany but from the pics I saw I thought the same. John Valentine suggested it was the
lightening.
"
ok thank you
#35 Posted by kuchiku (4070 posts) - - Show Bio
Risky said:
"bioghost said:
"
I think it might be mystique because i think we all know shes not dead. Inless Mystique has taken over rouge's mind IDK.

bioghost said:
"if marrow can depower and still show her in her mutant appreance
so why not dom

I didn't know that dom was in civil war."

She was in X-men Civil War
#36 Posted by bobagentofhydra (94 posts) - - Show Bio

I Love Domino so much... 

#37 Posted by bobagentofhydra (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope they'll work her into the Deadpool Movie .

#38 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

First time I've seen her, it was in uncanny X-men on the Madureira Run, in the Onslaught story Arc, I remember saidin' to myself : "Whoaw, this girl is a blast !" ad she's not even appearing more than two or three times in the comics. I didn't know her power, but I wanted to know all about her.

She's a cool caracter, even if I think she was not really good handled by the writer, and her love story with Cable rather bothering me...but anyway, I still like her, she's very cool !!  loved particularly when she's drawed by Ian Churchill or Madureira. 

Total respect ! 

#39 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Domino. One of my faves

#40 Posted by River (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Domino! She's a really strong female character that kicks ass!

#41 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard Domino is an obsessive compulsive. Is it true? (not like I have anything against them but I'm just saying)

#42 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

Domino :D

#43 Posted by robbiesol (474 posts) - - Show Bio

Will you still respect her when she goes She-Rulk? 

I like Domino, but she needs Cable in her life.
#44 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@244 said:

"I heard Domino is an obsessive compulsive. Is it true? (not like I have anything against them but I'm just saying) "

LOL!  I can't imagine Dom cleaning her hands repeatedly like an OC.  I've never heard of that before, but it doesn't seem to fit with her history of running around as a mercenary with the Six Pack. 

@robbiesol said:

"Will you still respect her when she goes She-Rulk?  I like Domino, but she needs Cable in her life. "    

I'm not convinced Red She-Hulk is Domino.  I'm leaning towards the idea that she's several characters in one, including a part of Domino, Elektra and Thundra. 

And considering how old Cable is now (and he wasn't a Spring Chicken to begin with ;) and the fact that they've both spent a lot of time apart, then I don't think they should be a couple again.  I loved them together, but that was a decade ago... maybe more.

#45 Posted by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
LOL!  I can't imagine Dom cleaning her hands repeatedly like an OC.  I've never heard of that before, but it doesn't seem to fit with her history of running around as a mercenary with the Six Pack. 
The hand washing part just cracked me up.
#46 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
  • D stands for "Daring" because she runs around with nearly unkillable (Wolvie, X-23), super strong (Warpath), potential Omega level (Elixir) mutants and still manages to hold her own. 
  • O stands for "Original" because that she was in power and personality and still is to the present day.
  • M stands for "Mutant" because that is what she is and what she is fighting for with all of her strong conviction.
  • I stands for her famous "Incredible Luck"
  • N stands for "Naturally The Best". Nuff' said. (some people also say it stands for "Nathan" her true love but... naaaah...)
  • O stands for "Oh my god" because that is always what I think first when I see her in action.

Combine all that awesomeness and you get one tenth of the greatness that Domino is because that is only her name.

(Sorry but had to share that with you guys. lol)
#47 Posted by Alexander Arkady (256 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
"
  • D stands for "Daring" because she runs around with nearly unkillable (Wolvie, X-23), super strong (Warpath), potential Omega level (Elixir) mutants and still manages to hold her own. 
  • O stands for "Original" because that she was in power and personality and still is to the present day.
  • M stands for "Mutant" because that is what she is and what she is fighting for with all of her strong conviction.
  • N stands for "Naturally The Best". Nuff' said. (some people also say it stands for "Nathan" her true love but... naaaah...)
  • O stands for "Oh my god" because that is always what I think first when I see her in action.
 Combine all that awesomeness and you get one tenth of the greatness that Domino is because that is only her name.  (Sorry but had to share that with you guys. lol) "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nice. Always liked Domino aswell shes hot as hell
#48 Posted by TashaMorris (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky:
I dont think she gets enough hype and or credit. Shes been around for a really long time! Hail to the Queen. But im partial cuz shes my fave!
#49 Posted by Journey Into Chaos (323 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
"Sovereign Vance said:

"

In X-force eh? what issue  does start appearing? I really am becoming found of her.. I completely fell in love with her design after watching Wol
verine & The X-men. Is there any other comic series you recomend that have Domino as a main character?
#50 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Risky said:
"
 Combine all that awesomeness and you get one tenth of the greatness that Domino is because that is only her name.  (Sorry but had to share that with you guys. lol) "
Nice one, she's hot and can fight. What more d'ya want?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.