A New DOCTOR WHO Videogame

Posted by No_name_here (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO is she? WHAT is that Box? WHEN was this photo taken? WHERE is that roof? WHY?

DOCTOR WHO’s one of those sci-fi mainstays I’ve never gotten into, even though I know the series’ fans are a dedicated breed. Something of a clandestine cabal, actually. Any person you meet could be a DOCTOR WHO devotee. Thus, you have to just assume that every person you encounter is one.  Anyway, the Who’s in this global Whoville have a quartet of interactive episodes to look forward to in DOCTOR WHO: THE ADVENTURE GAMES.  I don’t know who any of these people are, but the games will included the voices and likeness Matt Smith and Karen Gillan within a story written by Phil Ford and James Moran.  There’s nothing better than finding a good deal on a product you enjoy and there’s no deal better than free, is there?   It doesn’t matter if you usually raise your hand and say “I’m a Mac” or “I’m a PC” (because identifying one’s self with a product is a true badge of individualism) - - the games will be available for both operating systems via bbc.co.uk/doctorwho .

We’ve also got three clips from a new episode of the show. Again, I don’t know too much about the Doctor, except to say that, based on these clips, he comes across as quit the negligent date.  Sure, answering your cell during dinner is a bit rude, but it’s not as bad as leaving the girl dangling above Earth, now is it? Just to put in perspective.   And the other observation is the redhead in these clips is one pretty Scottish lass. Dare I ask… WHO is she?

Anyway, enjoy the clips below...
== TEASER ==

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this April - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

#1 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tom Pinchuk: 

Redhead: Amy Pond first companion to the Eleventh Doctor.

The Blue Box: A type 40 TARDIS, relic of the vast machines developed and grown by the Time Lords of Gallifrey in order to observe the universe. 

The Doctor: A 900-odd year old Time Lord now in his eleventh incarnation . Abandoned his home world for a life of adventure thoughout all of time and space, developed a soft spot for planet earth since his first incarnation. 
#2 Posted by Captain Koala (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what's with the creepy Zoltar machine. Looks like this will be one of Moffat's attempts at making Who a bit more scary for the kids.

#3 Posted by RalfvdH (650 posts) - - Show Bio

do you know that  Karen Gillan, who play Amelia Pond, also played in  doctor who season 4 episode 2; The fires of pompeii.

#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@RalfvdH said:
"do you know that  Karen Gillan, who play Amelia Pond, also played in  doctor who season 4 episode 2; The fires of pompeii.

"

I did read that somewhere. 

Also It may have been better to get a Staff member who knew about The Doctor to write the article, Inferiego is a big fan. It just makes more sense!
#5 Posted by Captain Koala (24 posts) - - Show Bio
@RalfvdH said:
" do you know that  Karen Gillan, who play Amelia Pond, also played in  doctor who season 4 episode 2; The fires of pompeii.

"
Yeah, she played one of the soothsayers in that ep.
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@RalfvdH said:
" do you know that  Karen Gillan, who play Amelia Pond, also played in  doctor who season 4 episode 2; The fires of pompeii.

"
I didn't know that! :)  A bit like how Freema played Martha's cousin, before she landed the role of Martha... 

While I'm not a big gamer (I tend to stick with one game at a time, and stick with it for months) and therefore don't think I'll get a Doctor Who video game, I have been enjoying this new series so far... looking forward to episode two tonight.
#7 Posted by brendon277 (513 posts) - - Show Bio

How would the video game go? Some things shouldn't be made into video games like i when the movie Elektra came out i heard that they were gonna make a video game for that. Don't get me wrong i'm a huge Elektra fan but i think it would have been sort of stupid. Like if they do this.

#8 Posted by Nyogtha (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Not trying to grab the snake by the tail but is Doctor Who really that good? Just curious, cause I've heard alot of good things about it, but never watched it.

#9 Posted by Kamen Rider Kajiki (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nyogtha:  Its epic but don`t take it from anyone else but yourself just check it out once in a while.

There should be a rule about letting a noob make article from stuff he knows nothing about, Let Methos make a a guest article next time lol! >_>
#10 Posted by Elixir95 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

The episode was really good.  I'm'a leave it at that. 

#11 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Elixir95 said:
" The episode was really good.  I'm'a leave it at that.  "

#12 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been here on ComicVine for longer than you and have read comics when you trolls couldn't even swim. You're only here to troll, just like you are in movies and television and everything else you troll in. 

You'd know all about haters, troll. Quit while you can.

#13 Edited by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Sharp Dressed Lady said:

"I've been here on ComicVine for longer than you and have read comics when you trolls couldn't even swim. You're only here to troll, just like you are in movies and television and everything else you troll in.  You'd know all about haters, troll. Quit while you can.    "

And I have been here longer then you, what diffrence does that make and coming in to a thread about DR who and calling it Cr@p is of course going to start a flame war, I don't see anyother reason for you to post the way you did but to get a reaction from other users. hence why im removing your remarks. as well as Kaymen as he quoted you, this thread is not here for a flame war!
#14 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

not sure about teh games, graphics look a bit rubbish

#15 Posted by Pvt. Vasquez (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Snow White?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.