Follow

Doctor Strange

Character » Doctor Strange appears in 4908 issues.

Dr. Stephen Strange was once a gifted but egotistical surgeon who sought out the Ancient One to heal his hands after they were wounded in a car accident. Instead, the Ancient One trained him to become Master of the Mystic Arts and the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.

Would U Buy It #67: "Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 67:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/28/10Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses(Blog) (Forum)Doctor Strange(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses.
    Collecting 6 Issues:Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988) #10, 14-18.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988) #16
    TPB Cover: Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme (1988) #16

I ran across this while making a list, and thought it looked pretty cool. Considering the popularity of vampires these days, it seems like this would be a good time to collect this story into trade. This five part story debuted in February of 1990, just after a three part Acts of Vengeance tie-in, and brings vampires back into the Marvel Universe (they were all destroyed by a spell from the good Doctor, years before, in a story that's been collected in Doctor Strange vs. Dracula: The Montesi Formula).

Just before Acts though, issue 10 featured Morbius, the Living Vampire, and although not marked as part of The Vampire Verses, I wonder if it would fit in the collection, or if it has any bearing on this story. It might be cool to add it as an "easter egg," but at the end, and with some kind of buffer page, explaining that this is a bonus tale for the TPB.

For the cover I'd use issue #14 or #16. Probably #16, because Baron Blood is a sure sign that vampires are involved, and it's a more dynamic cover than #14.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:66.Spider-Man: The Assassin Nation Plot.
    Next:68.Starman: Star Shadows.

.Full WUBI Index..Full Blog Index.

Thanks again!

Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses
    Doctor Strange: The Vampire Verses

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BlackPookie

ive read it already XD
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop

Aw, c'mon, 'Pookie! It's back issues! Of course some people have read them already! lol Understand: my premise with Would You Buy It (and 12 Month Trades) is that comic companies have a wealth of graphic novel material to mine from their old stories. They're doing that to an extent, with their Essentials, Showcases, Archives and Masterworks, but I want to see other stuff reprinted - stuff that is so far beyond the golden age beginnings of most titles, it's frankly not likely to see publication for years, if we have to wait on a Showcase, Archive, Masterwork or Essential. I'm just picking and choosing as I run across stuff, but I think the graphic novel market is booming, and there's room for the old stories, just as much as the new material currently being published. Besides, really: wouldn't you like to have a handy, dandy, all-in-one volume of those issues? They're easier on storage space, and that's a big factor with me lately. On the other hand, if you've already read it, and don't think you'd ever read it again, then I can totally understand not caring if the TPB comes out again. Honestly, this one would be a passing curiosity for me, and I'd look for it on discount or at a library.

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By BlackPookie

sorry... my bad... of course i would buy it, but most of ppl wouldnt because its old! and not everyone knows the story!!

but i liked it!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop

@BlackPookie: You're probably right, but that's the kind of thing I'm looking for with WUBI. If I run across something I'd like to read, or think of something I'd like to read again, I try to get around to creating a WUBI for it, and see what other people think. I have been pleasantly surprised to see that at least one trade and two Showcase Present volumes have been solicited (and one trade already existed - oops). I don't know if WUBI had anything to do with it, but I like to think it helped. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.