Who needs Doctor Strange more the Avengers or....the X-Men?

#1 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever someone in the superhero community needs help they usually call on Doctor Strange. He's had his ups and downs lately, lost his place as sorcerer supreme, lost the eye of Agamotto, even kinda blamed himself for Mockingbird getting hurt. I'm just thinking he isn't really needed in the Avengers, he'd do much more good with the X-Men. Magik is in a holding cell because they don't know what to do with her since she used Legion to kill some elder Gods. Pixie needs some mystical training, Illyana isn't really in a position to do anything. They keep sending Dani to talk with Hela. Cypher is trying to cast spells and ends up stranding most of the New Mutants in Hell. They could really use Doc Strange on Utopia I think.

#2 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he'd be more useful on the Avengers.

#3 Edited by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Strange help guide/train some of the mutants that deal with magic but becoming a permanent member of the X-Men....I couldn't see that.

#4 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Not necessarily Strange, but I would love to see some non mutants on the X-men. It's ironic that the X-men is all about equality and yet has never had a non-mutant in its membership.

#5 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut 
Ink 
Hespha... snunk lady from outter space. 
Lockheed 

The x-men have had lots of non-mutants in their membership.  And several depowered mutants.  Jubes is a vampire too. 

Regarding Magik and Pixie... I can see calling Strange in for a consult, but not staying. 

If Cypher was able to do magic EASY, he'd be too powerful a character... there'd be like no reason not to spend 6 issues having him learn all of magic and being stronger than doc. doom.

#6 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith: I thought Ink was a mutant? 
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47: No he got his powers from a mutant tattoo artist because apparently the writers were high that day ( I have no proof of this, but I have no other way of explaining a mutant tattoo artist giving people super powers being considered a good idea)
#8 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Hahaha you need no proof I believe you already. If the writers do that then they really must be high.
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47: Apparently the dude was powerful enough to give ink access to the phoenix force for a few minutes but it put both into a coma 
#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
Not necessarily Strange, but I would love to see some non mutants on the X-men. It's ironic that the X-men is all about equality and yet has never had a non-mutant in its membership.
fail. the x-men have had several non-mutants on its roster
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@labarith said:
Juggernaut Ink Hepzibah... cat lady from outter space. Lockheed  The x-men have had lots of non-mutants in their membership.  And several depowered mutants.  Jubes is a vampire too.  Regarding Magik and Pixie... I can see calling Strange in for a consult, but not staying.  If Cypher was able to do magic EASY, he'd be too powerful a character... there'd be like no reason not to spend 6 issues having him learn all of magic and being stronger than doc. doom.
fixed : )
#12 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Oh god that must have been quite the fail. lol. Do you remember the issue that took place in?
#13 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47: I can't remember the issue number but the New Xmen were fighting a whole gang that had been super charged by the tattoo guy 
#14 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Cool thanks! I ll check that out. Im really unfamiliar with New X-Men so this will give me the excuse to start reading lol
#15 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5864 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't really see Dr. Strange be apart of the X-Men because there are alot of magical beings in the X-Men universe and it would have seem a bit odd to have Dr. Strange on the team. I think he would do better with the Avengers since the Avengers barely have any magical beings on their team.
#16 Posted by Kairan1979 (16745 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men don't need Strange. They need a magic user they could trust.

#17 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

It would help school funding. The Xavier Institute is now accepting witches, wizards, and any use of magic.  The only problem be two angry mobs one for the mutants the other magic ussers.  They now have an official sorcerer with credentials. Dr. Strange should at least have high level student be in there for safety reason. The school actual went to hell.
#18 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

In second thought the avengers deal with magic allot more than the X-Men.

#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo Dr Strange doesnt fit in with the X-Men & the way they do things.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.