New Strange Mini Series!

#1 Edited by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be a four part Mini series   Written by MARK WAID, Penciled by EMMA RIOS, Cover by TOMM COKER. I have to say I am a little excited to find out what has happened to the former  Sorcerer Supreme and what he is up to. The four part story will tell of his down fall and what he is doing now, Also there is news of a new student he will be teaching. 

I have to wonder who this new student will be and what magical trials they will face on Strange's journey of magical menace and what will be the outcome of this journey. Do we want him to re-dawn the title or will the character take a different path? what do you guys think and what do we want to happen to Marvels most under appreciated magic user? 

It is due for release in November and I for one will be keeping my eyes peeled for it.

#2 Edited by Lufie (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope they don't make Strange a total loser who failed and wants to runaway from his mistakes.  :(  

He knows he's not all that good-guy.(good guys like Spiderman or Superman)  
He faced worse of his sins.     

I'd like to see him relaxed, enjoying his long-term vacation.  
Looking at the bigger picture (like he said to Wiccan)  and preparing. 

He's not SS or one of most powerful hero in Marvel anymore. So he doesn't have the burden and responsibility. (like not interfereing in mortal problems) 
He can do whtaever he wants to. And I really think there's a big deal (non-SS)Doctor Strange can do if there's nothing to stop him.   

Not as the main player b ut Doc still has few strings to pull, things he couldn't do as SS.     

....but this hope is too good to be true, i guess. 

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a soft spot for the ol' Doc.  In fact, I think it's sad that they had to take away his Doctorate as well as his position as Sorcerer Supreme ;) But I am really looking forward to this!  Here's the cover, some design sketches and some sampled of Emma Rio's art.  Enjoy!

STRANGE #1 (of 4)
Written by MARK WAID
Penciled by EMMA RIOS
Cover by TOMM COKER
No longer Sorcerer Supreme of the Marvel Universe, Stephen Strange must discover a new path to fulfillment and enlightenment. Unfortunately, that path leads through a bizarre, terrifying gauntlet of magical menaces--and if the former Master of the Mystic Arts is going to survive the journey, he'll need some assistance--in the form of a brand-new student!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99 

#4 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"

I have a soft spot for the ol' Doc.  In fact, I think it's sad that they had to take away his Doctorate as well as his position as Sorcerer Supreme ;) But I am really looking forward to this!  Here's the cover, some design sketches and some sampled of Emma Rio's art.  Enjoy!

STRANGE #1 (of 4)
Written by MARK WAID
Penciled by EMMA RIOS
Cover by TOMM COKER
No longer Sorcerer Supreme of the Marvel Universe, Stephen Strange must discover a new path to fulfillment and enlightenment. Unfortunately, that path leads through a bizarre, terrifying gauntlet of magical menaces--and if the former Master of the Mystic Arts is going to survive the journey, he'll need some assistance--in the form of a brand-new student!

"
Pretty pictures :D YAY.... Now I am starting to worry about myself :S
#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
" Pretty pictures :D YAY.... Now I am starting to worry about myself :S "
I'm starting to worry for you too!  Time to see a Doctor.  Since we have the NHS you can choose between Strange or Voodoo ;)
#6 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Final Arrow said:
" Pretty pictures :D YAY.... Now I am starting to worry about myself :S "
I'm starting to worry for you too!  Time to see a Doctor.  Since we have the NHS you can choose between Strange or Voodoo ;) "
I pick strange every day of the week XD Ask MR!
#7 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

I know very little to nothing about Strange, so shall be picking this up as it looks rather good.

#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 2 of Strange has been solicited for December 09: 

STRANGE #2 (of 4)
Written by MARK WAID
Penciled by EMMA RIOS
Cover by TOMM COKER
Who is Stephen Strange? Months ago, in a chance encounter, he saved a woman's life--and since then, she's devoted every waking moment to tracking him down and learning his secrets! But her investigations are taking her down a very dangerous road of magic and mysticism--and straight towards one of Strange's oldest foes!

Strange #2

That's me with the magnifying glass... I wish!  The only thing that makes me sad about this series, is that it's only a mini series.
#9 Posted by KingBlackagar (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't I find any other comic series about Dr. Strange? Are they all sold out or does Marvel not make TPB with him? There have been some series I want to pick up but can't find anything I'm looking for. Can anyone help please?
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingBlackagar: You sound like you're after something specific.  What are you looking for?
#11 Posted by KingBlackagar (30 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
Are there any TPB's from the Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme series?
#12 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoyed the first two but the third didn't seem as good. Got the Strange animated film for christmas and watched it yesterday, loved it tempted to play Ultimate alliance 1 again with the good Doctor seeing as I didn't bother with him last time.

#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@KingBlackagar said:
" @xerox-kitty: Are there any TPB's from the Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme series? "
No idea.  I'm not an expert on the good Doctor.  I have a couple of mini series, that's it.  So I'm a relatively new fan.  Back issues are hard to find & expensive.  Guess I'll have to settle for Essentials trades (if there are any). 

@Omega Ray Jay: I really enjoyed part three.  Could have done without the cliffhanger ending, but I'm kinda picky that I wanted more stories in this series ;)  I just love everything about it so far: characters, art & story-telling.  Loving it!!
#14 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Having said that I didn't really enjoy anything I read this afternoon but I was trying to listen to the Vine podcast at the same time so i'l have another bash at them later, Also I think there are some Strange essentials about sure I remember seeing one or to at conventions.
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay: I just had a quick look.  There's a few on Amazon :)  There's even this latest mini series available for pre-order... even though it hasn't finished being printed as individual issues ;p
#16 Posted by rein (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

XD. I'm happy. I was kind of hoping strange losing the title of SS, would actually mean he would be in more comics, but unfortunately that wasn't the case

#17 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein: I think Marvel don't want to kill of any interest with over-saturation of the character.  There's 1 issue left of the mini series, he's recently been in Invicible Iron Man, and I think there's a one-shot due in March :) 

The Mystic Hands of Dr Strange
#18 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Being a total Dr. Strange fanboy I can honestly say I am sorta disappointed with this mini

#19 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Got to say, on a second read number three was top stuff. Really like Casey & hope she goes on after this series. The only thing that's bugging me is the Iron Man appearance as much as i liked it - it seemed like the Doc was back on form and i just hope they don't wrap it all up in the next issue when they could easily get another mini out dealing with that.
#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay: Isn't it Matt Fraction writing that though?  He's not big on continuity  ;) 

Yeah, I really like Casey.  I really hope she sticks around.  They need each other in an adoptive family sense.
#21 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Loved the last one and was very pleased certain doors were left open, and I can say completely that i am a fully converted Strange fan :)

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the final issue, but Mark Waid's left me wanting more... that's a cliffhanger, without any sign of a follow up series to resolve issues left hanging... I NEED MORE!!

#23 Posted by Precise (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say I loved the last issue, it shows that Dr. Strange still has some tricks up his sleeve. And casey is beginning to grow on me.

#24 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I loved the final issue, but Mark Waid's left me wanting more... that's a cliffhanger, without any sign of a follow up series to resolve issues left hanging... I NEED MORE!! "
I Am a Secret Avenger!!!!
#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow: Casey or Strange?   

I hate mini series (serieses?) in general; they're either badly made, or they're so good that it's criminal to limit it to just 4 issues.  I want more Strange & Casey stories from Waid & Rios.  I loved it, such a perfect little series...
#26 Posted by Final Arrow (24383 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @Final Arrow: Casey or Strange?    I hate mini series (serieses?) in general; they're either badly made, or they're so good that it's criminal to limit it to just 4 issues.  I want more Strange & Casey stories from Waid & Rios.  I loved it, such a perfect little series... "
Well fingers crossed it's strange.
#27 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7657 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope the follow up comes in the not to distant future, I wanna know what happend to Casey

#28 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

i remember asking for strange tales about a year back... DELIVERED!

#29 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

just read #4. loving this series alot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.