Have you ever realized how down graded he was?

#1 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

In WWH when he had the power of Zom we all know it takes some one on the level of eternity to lock up. All hulk did was break his hands an won. He was fighting a Thor from another universe with the help of his friends who were dieing but either way through out the whole battle he was trying to get the Odin force but didn't even looked like he was trying. When he tried to do that thing on Sentry once again he got embarrassed by a hero.

Its like every time they wanna make another hero look better Dr.strange usually is there at times. When hes fighting his villains he knows the right moves. Why is that?

#2 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I Hate That Too. Dr. Strange Is One Of My Favorite Characters, And Easily One Of The Most Powerful, But He's Mainly A Plot Device It Seems. I Think He's Been Stated (Don't Quote Me On This, And Sorry If I Sound Stupid) But A 'Deus ex Machina' Which Is:

"The phrase has been extended to refer to any resolution to a story that does not pay due regard to the story's internal logic and is so unlikely that it challenges suspension of disbelief, allowing the author to conclude the story with an unlikely, though more palatable, ending."

Meaning Kinda, That, Dr. Strange's Power Is Dependant On What The Writer Needs As A Scapegoat. =)

I Hope That Helps You A Little Bit, If Not, Im Sorry!

#3 Posted by BrokenBenjamin (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Nitric says:

"Meaning Kinda, That, Dr. Strange's Power Is Dependant On What The Writer Needs As A Scapegoat. =)"

agreed

#4 Posted by Nitric (948 posts) - - Show Bio

But I Sure Wish It Wasn't True.... Sad

#5 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to stay true to him and if he is losing his control over his power then have a reason like his no longer confident he be able to stay human using his power or some other crap they always pull

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

They did pretty good in world war hulk. Strange really used that magic lol.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

He's possibly a skrull...

#8 Posted by Leroy (128 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"He's possibly a skrull..."
I'm hoping this is what it is. Over the course of his stay on New Avengers Dr. Strange seemed to get kind of tired. One reason for that might be that as they had him more involved they needed to back off from a story stand point in order to maintain some balance, but it's not really fair to the character or his fans to do that.

I think there's an other golden rule that comes into play in comics a lot, and it's that a character is much more likely to win a fight in his own book, even if the odds are a little bit against him. I saw this big time with some books I was reading around ten years ago, but sometimes I see even good writers do it.

Dr. Strange is a bit of an orphan, so he doesn't have home court advantage.
#9 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

agree,thought i think they use more Spider-Man as a scapegoat than Strange.

(besides Doctor couldnt even stop an airplane from falling?what a great sorcerer...)

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio
Matezoide said:
"agree,thought i think they use more Spider-Man as a scapegoat than Strange.

(besides Doctor couldnt even stop an airplane from falling?what a great sorcerer...)"
Spider-Man nor Strange was ever used as a scapegoat for anything.
#11 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange needs to be back at classic levels

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.