Doctor Strange movie is a GO!!

#1 Edited by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio

This was released on Fanshare earlier .............Please Hollywood, don't screw this up

It has been confirmed that the script for Doctor Strange has been completed by Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan The Barbarian, Sahara) and Marvel Studios are now actively seeking a director to come in and helm the project. Once the director has come on board, they will then be searching for the cast to star in Doctor Strange.

The budget for Doctor Strange is not expected to be anywhere near as much as that of the bigger Marvel movies but it is still believed that, with the right script, the right director and the right cast, a good superhero movie could definitely come out of this. Production on Doctor Strange is expected to begin this year, with a release date likely to be sometime in 2013.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, that'll be fun (I hope :)

#3 Edited by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

<------Is still waiting for the Ms. Marvel and Ant-Man movie...

#4 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Interested to see how they pull this off.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Ant-Man movie also going to happen then?
BB

#6 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

A black panther movie needs to be a go.

#7 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mega_spidey01 said:

Preach

#8 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

This has the potential to be VERY bad. Magical movies need finesse and a good plot to be good, and that is very rare nowadays (especially when it comes to super-hero movies).

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@WildStyle said:

@Mega_spidey01 said:

Preach

YES YES YES!

Marvel studio (unlike the comics) has earned my trust I think this will be good

#10 Posted by Danial79 (2325 posts) - - Show Bio

A magic-based movie without a mega budget just sounds like s recipe for disaster :/

#11 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

This has the potential to be VERY bad. Magical movies need finesse and a good plot to be good, and that is very rare nowadays (especially when it comes to super-hero movies).

The moment I saw the title of the thread, I was legitimately disappointed in Marvel. Of all the prospects of good Marvel movies, they chose Doctor Strange. My bet is it will turn out, like you say, very beadly, much like Sorcerer's Apprentice.
#12 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...I thought the scripts for both Conan the Barbarian and Sahara were exceedingly weak, so I'm feeling pretty cautious about this. Still, with the right cast and a strong director, I could see it turning out acceptably.

#13 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7964 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shadow_Thief said:

Hmm...I thought the scripts for both Conan the Barbarian and Sahara were exceedingly weak, so I'm feeling pretty cautious about this. Still, with the right cast and a strong director, I could see it turning out acceptably.

I was thinking that. As soon as i heard about the writers for conan being involved my heart sank, just hope they manage to snag a decent director for this.

#14 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd MUCH rather watch a movie on Ant-Man or a Daredevil reboot rather than Doctor Strange.

#15 Posted by cattlebattle (13369 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

BB

I think its backlogged, Marvel is focusing more on the Avenger related movies like Cap 2, Iron Man 3 etc. A Doctor Strange film was a strange surprise 
#16 Posted by maikkywin (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is my Deadpool movie !?

Also, how is robert downey jr going to play ironman and doc strange !

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (58319 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

I think its backlogged, Marvel is focusing more on the Avenger related movies like Cap 2, Iron Man 3 etc. A Doctor Strange film was a strange surprise

pun intended?
BB

#18 Posted by Swiffer (54 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting. But I agree with most of the other posts. Whatever happened to the Luke Cage movie or any of the ones mentioned above. I think it's weird Marvel picked a character they made a feature length animated movie about not too long ago (4 years ago? that sound right?) and decided to give em the big screen. I guess that could have been a test, releasing an animated version of his origin story to dvd, but it didn't rent very well at the movie store I worked at when it came out. And when it did get rented, I don't remember any kids running back in screaming about how great it was and how they didn't want to return it.

#19 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danial79: Alas, you're so right... sniff sniff *bursts in tears

#20 Posted by Maniac2312 (920 posts) - - Show Bio

This does sound good I would love to see a Dr. Strange movie especially a good one. What I don't understand is why everybody thinks an Ant-Man movie would be cool??? Maybe, like Hawkeye apparently did, Ant-Man got interesting?? Guess that one guy was interesting before he died.

#21 Posted by BlackPookie (624 posts) - - Show Bio

LET US PRAY!!!!

#22 Posted by ComicStooge (13969 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I want this to be good, but I know it won't be. :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.