Follow

Doctor Strange

Character » Doctor Strange appears in 4903 issues.

Dr. Stephen Strange was once a gifted but egotistical surgeon who sought out the Ancient One to heal his hands after they were wounded in a car accident. Instead, the Ancient One trained him to become Master of the Mystic Arts and the Sorcerer Supreme of Earth.

Daniel Day-Lewis as Dr. Strange?

Cole_Mercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Cole_Mercer

Every time I see one of his films, i can just picture him as Stephen Strange, he's a brilliant actor & i think he can pull it off. Do you think he'd make a good Strange?

Skyfather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Skyfather

No. I don't see DDL (one of my favorite actors) playing Dr. Strange. Doesn't seem like the role for him.

ozogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ozogo

I just saw this picture and thought the same thing! I then found your post. I think he could do it. It would continue the trend of raising the bar for comic book script writing. He is an actor who demands great depth to his rolls. Dr. Strange, though I don't know much about him does indeed have depth. The kind of scary realism that Mr. Lewis brings I do not know if it could be done. How would that be screened? I don't for instance imagine him casting spells and being solid in the moment. However. IF the character was presented like the wizard in lord of the rings. That kind of powerful assurance. His movement toward realizing why he has been given this power. If a group were to sit with Daniel Day Lewis on there mind for the creation of this project. Then it would be pretty amazing in the end. Will they do it. Doubtful, because it would require several installments that would be arching with other superhero's and each time the script would need to deliver Danial Day Lewis. It reminds me of the recent film Sorcerers Apprentice. With Nick Cage as a sorcerer. It worked pretty good and was in the direction of where Dr. Strange is going to need to traverse. I'd say DDL is the best choice at this time of who is known. It would be a great way for him to connect with a younger audience in a powerful way. Again the realism he brings to a character would blow this thing up!

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vulshock
    I would like to see Aidan Gillen from Game of Thrones as Dr. Strange.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Vulshock said:

Agree! I liked this guy on the wire as well!

Matchstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Matchstick

@Vulshock said:

YES!!

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
    spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spinningbirdcake

I'd be fine with either one of those two. I'd probably pick DDL as I feel like he can pull off the "weird" aspect of Strange's character more than most actors. I haven't, however, seen a single episode of GoT so maybe Gillen can do the same.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

I'd watch it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.