Could We See A Dr. Strange Movie By Pixar?

• 78 results
#51 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a bad idea
#52 Posted by UltraMarine (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Dunno if I'd watch it, but it would be fun to see what they did with it.

#53 Posted by Jynxnet (44 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion Dr. Strange is cool enough to deserve his own CG heavy (cause it would have to be) LA movie..well...just cause he is awesome! 

~Jynx

#54 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be the greatest thing to ever happen ever.
#55 Posted by Jorna (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Pixar ever really put a foot wrong?

I think they could do it justice. A live action movie could be a bit janky looking with the effects that would be required for the story.

just my 2c worth

#56 Posted by War Killer (20250 posts) - - Show Bio

We already had an animated movie, which I thought was good. So really the next logical step would be making a live-action movie, which I would totally love to see made.

#57 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

i wanna see live action not animated. there's already an animated Doctor Strange movie

#58 Posted by HighRum the Recluse (17 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Doctor Strange animated movie would be soooo awesome!!!!!!!!!

#59 Posted by ooochoa (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Since Doctor Strange isn't a mainstream character for Marvel i think that having Pixar attached would be pretty good for a possible movie.

#60 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

nooooooo

#61 Posted by Binaryan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because Pixar is involved does not mean it will be animated.  Pixar is branching out into live-action properties (and adapted properties) and are already underway with the filming of  JOHN CARTER OF MARS starring Taylor Kitsch (Gambit), Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) and Willem Dafoe (Green Goblin).  Sounds like Marvel and Pixar have already collided given that casting.

I'd trust the Pixar geniuses with ANY Marvel property, though I would think a title like FANTASTIC FOUR, RUNAWAYS or POWER PACK would be more up their alley.

As for casting, I think Johnny Depp would be perfect given his acting pedigree.  If they wanted to go a bit younger, how about Orlando Bloom, Zachary Quinto or maybe Wes Bentley?

#62 Posted by Kenshiro28 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

That would actually be pretty boss. I don't understand why the fact that he's obscure would be an issue though. Who gave a crap about Iron Man outside of comic fans before his movie came out?

#63 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7837 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  If Iron Man came out in the 80's then this would be the one and only man who could have been Tony Stark.
#64 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixar hasn't made a bad movie ever.

#65 Posted by Staticoss (144 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be cool to see it done but how is it gonna fit in to the Avengers' movie, i mean they're not gonna put animated strange in a live action movie, that would just be strange
#66 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange already got an animated movie, remember the direct-to-DVD/Bluray Dr. Strange 2D movie? Now a CGi could be nice, but I'd rather see a live attempt myself~
(plus I'm not that fan of 3D movies, as in 3D characters)

#67 Posted by Freddy.Mercurial (152 posts) - - Show Bio

DANIEL DAY LEWIS.  PERIOD.

#68 Posted by excalibur5150 (126 posts) - - Show Bio

At this point I would love to see ANY movie from Marvel, even Captain Ultra, Frog-Man or Scarlet Spider from PIXAR!
#69 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"  no one will ever agree with me but the perfect Dr. Strange would be:  

"
Holy fucking shit, you're right! TOM SELLECK! HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS!? 

Thomas Magnum is going to use magic powers on that ass.
#70 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing Pixar do an animated Dr. Strange, if it is done properly.  Live action is what he is due for though.

#71 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

If they make an animated Pixar version of Strange, they will never be able to have another movie crossover between Strange and other Marvel movies...

#72 Posted by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

It's only a matter of time before Disney does an animated Marvel movie, they just better not mess it up.

#73 Posted by aouric (188 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy:  Pixar doing an Ant-Man makes more since for me also, I just can't see them doing a Dr. Strange movie.
#74 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Pixar to freakin' DEATH! 
but this idea is a no go for me.
#75 Posted by The Impersonator (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixar and their movies are good but they should not adapt Dr. Strange into a animated 3D movie. That will look horrible. Marvel, don't side with Pixar to do this. Let Pixar make their own creations. No adaptations.
#76 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24: an animated Dr. Stranger came out back in '07, Go watch it.
#77 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Strange is a great character and I'd love to see him in a movie, but preferably a live movie.

#78 Posted by dr.x (553 posts) - - Show Bio
@dvorak: 
Magnum PI as Dr. Strange it would be cool , but you know Disney -Marvel will get someone from like Hanna Motana , or  from the Sutie of Zac & Cody (sorry I had to throwing up after saying that ) or Lame ass  hack Actor.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.