About his hands...

#1 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

As I understand it, when Strange mastered the mystic arts, the Ancient One told him that his hands could never again be used for surgery. This always seemed rather vague to me, since he has no problem forming complicated hand seals, even ones that just shouldn't be physically possible for human beings. Now I just read a scan of him considering performing brain surgery on Wong, and his hands begin shaking uncontrollably, to the point he can't even hold a bottle. My question is: What's up with that?

Is it some kind of spell? A curse? A trade off for his magical abilities? Has it ever been further elaborated on exactly WHY he can't use his hands for surgery? Why do his hands begin shaking like that? Is it perhaps psychological in some way? Etc. Any Doctor Strange fan(atic) out there that can elaborate on this? The more specific, the better.

#2 Posted by frozenedge (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Since you said his hands were shaking, it's more than likely a psychological thing. While he can perform complicated hand signs, maybe his brain can't register anything involving brain surgery or something like that.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: That's an interesting question.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.