Just...Why?

#1 Posted by War Killer (20289 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did they mess with Doc Ock? I mean I know they are trying new things with Spidey's old villains, but why do this to Doc Ock...

????
#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew that's not cool.

#3 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that the reason is because he's been hit on the head to many times

#4 Posted by Kastiel (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just very retarded of them. Marvel needs to know when enough is enough.

#5 Posted by War Killer (20289 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"I like that the reason is because he's been hit on the head to many times "
I thought that was funny as well, but still stupid 

@Kastiel
said:
"This is just very retarded of them. Marvel needs to know when enough is enough. "
I know, I would have figured they would have at least made him look more like his movie version, and not some mummy with robot arms
#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

That's sad. 

I mean, Octopus has always pretty much sucked but at least he was one of the more physically imposing villains.
#7 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read the story, it makes sense. Some people rather enjoy the realisticness they brought to the story.

#8 Posted by Portrait (4455 posts) - - Show Bio

When did this happen?

#9 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no, what happened to Otto? He looks awful

#10 Posted by War Killer (20289 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"If you read the story, it makes sense. Some people rather enjoy the realisticness they brought to the story. "
What realisticness? He got hit on the head and is now dying and builds giant robots to rule the world? Doesn't sound very real to me.
#11 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
"@iLLituracy said:
"If you read the story, it makes sense. Some people rather enjoy the realisticness they brought to the story. "
What realisticness? He got hit on the head and is now dying and builds giant robots to rule the world? Doesn't sound very real to me. "
I was gonna say...nothing about Doc Ock is real.  That's okay but lets not try to pass it off as something it isn't.
#12 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

How is this bad? That's possibly the best redesign ever done to a Spider-man villian.

#13 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
" How is this bad? That's possibly the best redesign ever done to a Spider-man villian. "
Hammerhead disagrees.
#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @InnerVenom123 said:
" How is this bad? That's possibly the best redesign ever done to a Spider-man villian. "
Hammerhead disagrees. "
Oooo, good point. They made Hammerhead into the friggin terminator!
#15 Posted by War Killer (20289 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally thought this was a bad move on Marvel's part, I've been a big fan of Doc Ock since I saw him on the 90's Spidey cartoon when I was younger. But why make him into a mummy with brain damage? I do like the extra arms though, makes him more of a threat, but this was really a let down to me. I was hoping Marvel would maybe make him more human, like in Spider-Man 2, but I guess not -___-

#16 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

bleh.

#17 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

How is this bad? That's possibly the best redesign ever done to a Spider-man villian.

The only problem with the redesign is the reason why he is in this situation.

#18 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Well, at this point, I wouldn't doubt The Jackal cloning Ock a new, healthy body as a solution to his problem.

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@TDK_1997 said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

Well, at this point, I wouldn't doubt The Jackal cloning Ock a new, healthy body as a solution to his problem.

Well with all going on we would have the Jackal and Doc Oc working together to beat Spidey and the Jackal making Oc a new body.

#20 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm too thrilled with Ock's current look. they should bring back the simple lab coat look from the 90s: 

Doctor Octopus
#21 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Ock's look right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.