Follow

Doctor Octopus

Character » Doctor Octopus appears in 2433 issues.

Doctor Octopus is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. A former nuclear physicist and atomic researcher, Otto Octavius' life changed forever when one of his experiments went horribly wrong involving his four mechanical appendages used to assist him in his experiments. From then on, Octavius soon after his initial encounter has become one of the most dangerous supervillains in the Marvel Universe.

If Doc Ock became a moral person...

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

Then why isn't he admitting what he did to the real Spiderman?

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By VeganDiet

@joshmightbe: Because even with his new morals he's still ultimately a selfish person.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@VeganDiet: So basically Superior means Hypocrite

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TrueMoonchilde

The fact that he calls himself "superior" pretty much illustrates that he's still an egotistical d-bag.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By the_stegman
    @Moonchilde said:

The fact that he calls himself "superior" pretty much illustrates that he's still an egotistical d-bag.

B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O, and Superior D-Bag is his name-o
    Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@joshmightbe: Cause it's a stupid story, written in a stupid way.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By D3athstroke

He is not admitting ? what ?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@D3athstroke: He killed Peter Parker and took over his body, if he had truly become a good person from the experience then he would take responsibility for his actions and fess up.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

@joshmightbe: I think because he thinks, he'll do a better job than peter and he cant really do that if he fess's up

Avatar image for mysterioususername
    MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think Ock is officially bananas at this point.

He's always been a little obsessed, but his latest plans have gone off the deep end. Be prepared for some crazy hallucinations.

Also he's not really moral, everything moral about him at this point is Peter's mind seeping through.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By D3athstroke
    @joshmightbe said:

@D3athstroke: He killed Peter Parker and took over his body, if he had truly become a good person from the experience then he would take responsibility for his actions and fess up.

Responsibility ? you want him to kill himself or go to jail or what ?
    Truly become a good person ? what does that even mean ? your image of good person is different from mine
    TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#13  Edited By TheCannon

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Moonchilde said:

Well put

This.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@D3athstroke: So you're image of a good person is perfectly fine with murdering a guy and assuming his identity?

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By D3athstroke
    @joshmightbe:  After he "killed" Spiderman who technically is not even dead, he vowed that he will be even better hero. Keep it in mind that he does not need to save anybody he is taking responsibility because he "Killed" Spiderman and now can you tell me what do you want from him to go to jail? kill himself ? you want him to become typical emo superhero who hates himself ? can you tell me what is the purpose of this thread ? 
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 138

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@D3athstroke said:

@joshmightbe: After he "killed" Spiderman who technically is not even dead, he vowed that he will be even better hero. Keep it in mind that he does not need to save anybody he is taking responsibility because he "Killed" Spiderman and now can you tell me what do you want from him to go to jail? kill himself ? you want him to become typical emo superhero who hates himself ? can you tell me what is the purpose of this thread ?

admitting what he did would be taking responsibility. If you cant see that then you don't know what the true meaning of the phrase is.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator

Spider-man is his Uncle Ben. Did Peter ever turn himself in even though he basically killed Uncle Ben? No! Spider-man has always been a hypocrite, this actually fits in well with continuity. Just like after Uncle Ben died by Peters actions Peter became better now so will the spider web spin as Peter died by Ocks actions will now become superior. In a few years Rhino will kill Dr Ock though and become the new Horny Spider-man. Uhm.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#18  Edited By TDK_1997

@Moonchilde said:

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Onemoreposter

@joshmightbe said:

Then why isn't he admitting what he did to the real Spiderman?

The obvious answer? Pete made Ock promise in ASM 700 that he would carry on the Spider-Man legacy and keep "their" loved one's safe. Ock can't very well fulfill his promise if he's locked away for killing...himself. It's also implied that Ock's personality isn't strictly Ock's personality, but rather a Pete/Otto mix as they both refer to themselves as "we" in those last few panel's of the issues main story and we see that Otto now not only has Pete's memories on an intellectual level, but an emotional one as well.

I never took any of these recent events to mean that Doc Ock is now a "moral person" per say. He simply now understands the principle of responsibility in proportion to ability and the value of human life as Pete understood it.

@SC said:

Spider-man is his Uncle Ben. Did Peter ever turn himself in even though he basically killed Uncle Ben? No! Spider-man has always been a hypocrite, this actually fits in well with continuity. Just like after Uncle Ben died by Peters actions Peter became better now so will the spider web spin as Peter died by Ocks actions will now become superior. In a few years Rhino will kill Dr Ock though and become the new Horny Spider-man. Uhm.

Pete allowed a criminal to escape from a crime scene who would later kill his uncle. That is a LONNNNGGGGGGG way away from Pete himself "basically [killing] Uncle Ben." I'd say Uncle Ben is pretty much Ock's Uncle Ben at this point.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SC said:

I dont think that's true. Ock planned this so he could live on and cheat death.

I dont really like the entire idea,Ock is my fave spidey villain,eh I guess we will see where this goes.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SC  Moderator

@Onemoreposter: @mrdecepticonleader: Oh my bad, I was being more factitious with a sarcastic twist than anything else. Though I think it would be a pretty clever twist if the guilt Doc Ock developed over this suddenly drove him onwards to being a sincerely great human and hero as much as Peter was. I love redemption in comics. Thats probably best as a What If storyline though than the main story plot.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SC said:

@Onemoreposter: @mrdecepticonleader: Oh my bad, I was being more factitious with a sarcastic twist than anything else. Though I think it would be a pretty clever twist if the guilt Doc Ock developed over this suddenly drove him onwards to being a sincerely great human and hero as much as Peter was. I love redemption in comics. Thats probably best as a What If storyline though than the main story plot.

I kind of thought you where.

I would just like him back the way he was,he is a great villain and they could do more to help that.I just have got the feeling Pete will not stay dead as well.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#23  Edited By Dracade102

I thought he just wanted to out-do Peter Parker in the one thing he was best at, but on his own terms (more or less). Plus, with Peter Parker's legacy living on through him it'd ruin his chance to redeem himself if he admitted to the world he was the same old Doctor Octopus in Spidey's body.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.