Follow

Doctor Octopus

Character » Doctor Octopus appears in 2433 issues.

Doctor Octopus is a supervillain originating from Marvel Comics. A former nuclear physicist and atomic researcher, Otto Octavius' life changed forever when one of his experiments went horribly wrong involving his four mechanical appendages used to assist him in his experiments. From then on, Octavius soon after his initial encounter has become one of the most dangerous supervillains in the Marvel Universe.

Classic Doc Ock returns with a "Vengeance"? (ha ha)

about_faces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By about_faces

Ladies and gentlemen, the Doctor is IN.

No Caption Provided

That image by Gabrielle Del'Otto, released along with several other portraits for Marvel's upcoming Vengeance miniseries, has to be the most badass that Otto Octavius has looked in comics for, what, ten years? Fifteen? His whole attitude here is reminiscent of the best version of the character: the white-suit-wearing magnificent bastard of David Micheline and Erik Larsen. I don't know why that version has been ignored by comics and fandom since his death in the mid-90's, and every subsequent attempt to update the character (Mullettastic Matrix!Ock... *shudder*) fell flat of... well, this character in the image above. From the sounds of it, this Otto may appear only in flashback. I hope not, as this is exactly what the character's needed to be ever since he came back to life. I appreciate what's going on with the character right now in comics, but look at that image. Look at that smooth, evil motherfucker. That's the goddamn Doctor Octopus.
    Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

GOOD.

I hated that new version, I'm glad that he'll at least have a small chance to be back to his usual cool condition…plus, this art is awesome.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

I dont see how he could get back to this version of himself unless he clones himself but the current version sucks. He is basically a cocoon of a man with metal limbs being the only thing keeping him from being a total failure or anything thing close to remeniscnet of the villain he used to be
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

Finally. I didn't like this "new" Doc Ock
    Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

cool!

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By Dracade102
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula

used this art over a month ago, in my blog.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By frogjitsu

That picture is SICK!  Look at that evil grimace!  Now that's a villain. From the way he's smilling, it's like he's overjoined that he figured out a way to return to his former glory, and now he's ready to get is ultimate revenge on Spider-man.  If so I can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.