Classic Doc Ock returns with a "Vengeance"? (ha ha)

Posted by about_faces (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Ladies and gentlemen, the Doctor is IN.

That image by Gabrielle Del'Otto, released along with several other portraits for Marvel's upcoming Vengeance miniseries, has to be the most badass that Otto Octavius has looked in comics for, what, ten years? Fifteen? His whole attitude here is reminiscent of the best version of the character: the white-suit-wearing magnificent bastard of David Micheline and Erik Larsen. I don't know why that version has been ignored by comics and fandom since his death in the mid-90's, and every subsequent attempt to update the character (Mullettastic Matrix!Ock... *shudder*) fell flat of... well, this character in the image above. From the sounds of it, this Otto may appear only in flashback. I hope not, as this is exactly what the character's needed to be ever since he came back to life. I appreciate what's going on with the character right now in comics, but look at that image. Look at that smooth, evil motherfucker. That's the goddamn Doctor Octopus.
#1 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD.

I hated that new version, I'm glad that he'll at least have a small chance to be back to his usual cool condition…plus, this art is awesome.
#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see how he could get back to this version of himself unless he clones himself but the current version sucks. He is basically a cocoon of a man with metal limbs being the only thing keeping him from being a total failure or anything thing close to remeniscnet of the villain he used to be
#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally. I didn't like this "new" Doc Ock
#4 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

cool!

#5 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

used this art over a month ago, in my blog.

#7 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture is SICK!  Look at that evil grimace!  Now that's a villain. From the way he's smilling, it's like he's overjoined that he figured out a way to return to his former glory, and now he's ready to get is ultimate revenge on Spider-man.  If so I can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.